Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Introducing Streaks!

Comments

• Kate from OhmConnectKate from OhmConnect Posts: 1,049Administrator
    edited January 2018

@UkiwiS - I believe we can get paid at NIGHT if you are reducing but not for generation.

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,577Member, Moderator
    edited January 2018
    I must say I am liking these streaks. Now I'm at 40%> @Kate from OhmConnect said:
    > @UkiwiS - I believe we can get paid at NIGHT if you are reducing but not for generation.

I'm interested in knowing more about this. What do you mean by "night"? Obviously I know what the word means but in this context it's unclear. At the moment I can generate right up till 5:45 although for the last 45 minutes it's almost negligible. Reading between the lines it almost sounds like you don't earn anything if I actually save and my forecast is negative, would that be accurate?
  • The Little Ohmer TwinsThe Little Ohmer Twins Union CityPosts: 1,014Moderator
    edited January 2018
    @Steve Reed since you have solar, could you help address the question by @UkiwiS ?
  • Steve ReedSteve Reed Posts: 111Member
    edited January 2018

@That Son Of A Bitz said:
    @Steve Reed since you have solar, could you help address the question by @UkiwiS?

I believe he's asking about how OhmConnect gets paid, which I don't know enough about to answer.

edited February 2017

@Steve Reed said:

@Steve Reed since you have solar, could you help address the question by @[email protected].com?

I believe he's asking about how OhmConnect gets paid, which I don't know enough about to answer.

Yes @Steve Reed is correct.

If an #OhmHour occurs at say 11-12am and that's not in the range we have configured for participation is there any impact on Streaks?
    Good question! @Kate from OhmConnect?

Good question! @Kate from OhmConnect?

Kate confirmed via Online Support the following:
    "If you have your settings set up to not dispatch for certain hours, you shouldn't get dispatched-- shouldn't get the #OhmHour--and shouldn't have any bearing on your streaks."

Good to know @Ukiwis! And I'm guessing this means people can't get game the system (not that I would do such a thing!) by changing your dispatch hours after you get an OH notification rather than opt-out in order to keep a streak going.

@UkiwiS said:

I'm interested in knowing more about this. What do you mean by "night"? Obviously I know what the word means but in this context it's unclear. At the moment I can generate right up till 5:45 although for the last 45 minutes it's almost negligible. Reading between the lines it almost sounds like you don't earn anything if I actually save and my forecast is negative, would that be accurate?

In sum, OhmConnect only gets paid for your net or positive usage.

@Kate from OhmConnect said:

@UkiwiS said:

In sum, OhmConnect only gets paid for your net or positive usage.

I think I get it. If I'm forecast to use 1.000 kWh but I actually generate for that hour and use -2.000 kWh then OC only gets paid for 1.000 kWh not for the total amount I saved which is 3.000 kWh. Is that correct?

@Cadir - can you confirm that OhmConnect would get paid for this net?

• snetphiliesnetphilie ConcordPosts: 139Member, Moderator

@Kate from OhmConnect in another thread about streaks, you mentioned you knew someone that is currently on a streak of 35. Any chance this person can post about how he/she did it? So 1) we know he/she is real lol, and 2) we can get nuggets of advice from someone who has done it and can provide tips on how we can do it too.

and tagging @UkiwiS since you were involved in the earlier conversation :smile:

Though I'm not the person @Kate from OhmConnect was talking about, if streaks had been in place since my last negative OhmHour, I'd currently have a streak of 35, and that last negative one was one of those 10 minute notice OhmHours, so I'm sure others are in the same boat. As it stands, I've had 13 home hours since streaks started and a streak of 13.

I rarely use heat or air conditioning (middle floor condo) so my biggest consumers are my refrigerator and three air purifiers, followed by lighting. I have a nest thermostat that OhmConnect turns off during OhmHours. I currently have one room equipped with Phillips Hue lighting, and use IFTT to turn off those lights automatically when the thermostat is turned off or set to away. Unfortunately my electrical wiring is old, so I can't use smart light switches, otherwise, I could simply have all lighting switch off automatically at a lower cost than converting all the bulbs to smart bulbs. I use 4 TP-Link smart plugs for the refrigerator and air purifiers and have those controlled by OhmConnect as well so those all shut off automatically. I use a Belkin Conserve Insight Energy-Use Monitor to test everything that has a plug and see how much power it is using. Some of my USB device chargers like my cell phone used just a bit of power when in standby so I purchased a Belkin Conserve Valet Smart USB Charging Station which has a switch and turns off automatically either when the energy draw drops very low because devices are fully charged or after about 4 hours. Now, outside of my modem, router, switch, VOIP box, a single cordless phone, and my smart device hardware, the only things that consume power while in standby are a printer, Chromecast, Roku stick, TV, Receiver, oven, microwave, and electric toothbrush. None of these items uses enough energy on their own to warrant a smart plug to control them, since the smart plug itself consumes power, so if I'm around during an OhmHour, I try to unplug them. If I don't unplug them, I total about 0.043 kWh during OhmHours and I'm guessing if I unplugged them all, I'd get around 0.030 kWh, so my "essential" items total about 30 watts.

@snetphilie this is a great accounting. I'd love for you to cross-post over in the energy challenge

• KingdomkidsKingdomkids Posts: 18Member

OhmHours in a row

+70% Bonus
    added to your next #OhmHour
    Personal Record: 14 in a row
    On a roll, hoping to hit the magic 100% bonus. :)

Let us know when you do so everyone can give you a virtual high 5
  • SaveTheWorldSaveTheWorld Posts: 39Member, Moderator

I am also on my 14th steak in a row. Wohooo !!

@kramer and @SaveTheWorld Nice Job! Keep it up!

I'm at 14 now too. I suspect there a several at 14 since there have probably been 14 since it was enabled for many people. So anyone with a "perfect run" is at 14 now.

The last one was 342 points, so the bonuses are really making a difference. It's been great they have been late in the day, so solar has no impact.

I'm at 12 but have limited my participation so that it's only after 4pm. Not sure what impact that has had but I've been banking some good coin recently.

• Steve ESteve E Posts: 329Member, Moderator

@Kate from OhmConnect Hey I just went to check my dashboard and previously I was at I think 10 in my streak and when I just looked it now says I am at a streak of 20 with a 100% bonus next.

I just downloaded my data and if I check my points history I am currently at 21 consecutive OhmHours with points awarded. Could you clarify what this 100% means. Is it a bug‚ has the streak count been updated to reflect actual streaks (regardless of whether not they were being counted in your streak when the program was introduced to you). Is it reflecting data as of a certain point in time (as in all events since 1/1/2016 for example).

Just curious as to what this means and whether or not it is a bug.

Thanks

@KarenE said:
    @Kate from OhmConnect Hey I just went to check my dashboard and previously I was at I think 10 in my streak and when I just looked it now says I am at a streak of 20 with a 100% bonus next.

I just downloaded my data and if I check my points history I am currently at 21 consecutive OhmHours with points awarded. Could you clarify what this 100% means. Is it a bug‚ has the streak count been updated to reflect actual streaks (regardless of whether not they were being counted in your streak when the program was introduced to you). Is it reflecting data as of a certain point in time (as in all events since 1/1/2016 for example).

Just curious as to what this means and whether or not it is a bug.

Thanks

Similar thing happened to me. I was at 12 but when I checked this AM it had reset to Zero. Within half an hour it had updated to 17 so I believe they were in the process of fixing something. That's pure speculation on my part.

Maybe they went back and added in successful Ohmhours before streaks were announced?

I went from 14 yesterday to 27 today.

@Steve Reed said:
    Maybe they went back and added in successful Ohmhours before streaks were announced?

I went from 14 yesterday to 27 today.

NICE!

WINNING

• vetidoravetidora Posts: 78Member
    So I just signed up I have done 8 ohm hours last night being my eighth I had a streak of 7 but when I checked it today it reset my streak back to one. So now I have to start all over how is this fair
  • Steve ESteve E Posts: 329Member, Moderator
    edited January 2018

@vetidora said:
    So I just signed up I have done 8 ohm hours last night being my eighth I had a streak of 7 but when I checked it today it reset my streak back to one. So now I have to start all over how is this fair

Did you get points for your last OhmHour. The streaks are for consecutive OhmHours where you have positive points ONLY. So if you have negative points OR opt out of an OhmHour then your streak will reset to 0 and start again.

edited January 2018
    @KarenE yes I got 300 points for being under my projected use. Which is why it doesn't make sense that I got reset back to a streak of 1.
    KarenE
    5:56PM
    @vetidora said:
    Did you get points for your last OhmHour. The streaks are for consecutive OhmHours where you have positive points ONLY. So if you have negative points OR opt out of an OhmHour then your streak will reset to 0 and start again
    edited January 2018

@vetidora said:

@vetidora Check it again to see if it has changed again. As I mentioned, mine had reset to zero then within half an hour had updated and was actually a little higher. It's speculation on my part but I'm guessing they rolled out an update.

@UkiwiS the only thing that has changed is now its saying my longest streak is 7 but I'm still at a streak of 1 when it should be a streak of 8. So not sure what's going on maybe with the update if they did one things got mixed up

Here's an update @Kate from OhmConnect gave me yesterday on the streaks

We're still working on resolving some lingering issues:
    We just pushed an update to our Streaks feature, which included a few bug fixes and improvements. Changes included in this update:
    Current streaks are now accurate. Some streaks were previously showing higher than they should have due to a bug in our system. Users in this case received extra points due to this bug and can keep those points.

• Some users' streaks were temporarily reduced to 0. These streaks have been restored to the correct level.
    • Current streaks now extend farther back, to include your #OhmHours before you received the streaks feature.
    • Longest streak shows your longest streak since the feature was pushed 100% live on Feb 10, 2017