Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Introducing Streaks!

Comments

• Steve ReedSteve Reed Posts: 111Member

@UkiwiS Thanks for passing on the info from Kate.

Extending back the Ohmhour streak count is great. I'm up to 28 now (140% bonuses!)

• KingdomkidsKingdomkids Posts: 18Member

WTH....I was @ 14 now @ 11?

• vetidoravetidora Posts: 78Member
    > @Kramer said:
    > WTH....I was @ 14 now @ 11?

Don't feel bad I was at seven and went down to one I don't know how to get them to fix it I would have hit a streak of 9 tonight to get platinum but have to start over
  • UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,600Member, Moderator
    Have you sent an email to support?
  • The Little Ohmer TwinsThe Little Ohmer Twins Union CityPosts: 1,014Moderator
    Hi All - I think @Kate from OhmConnect may need to add some clarity here because it sounds like the bug with streaks resulted in some people having more streaks than they should and others having less. As far as confirming how many each user should actually have, I have no idea and I couldn't even begin to think how OC would be able to verify that for every user. Maybe on a case by case basis if you cared enough to ask?

Otherwise, it sounds like if you were in the boat where you had a higher streak and got more bonus points than you should, you got to keep them as opposed to taking them away once the bug was fixed and your streak was lowered to what it should have been.

It looks like my streak total has now been reset back to the figure I had previously.

@UkiwiS but my understanding is you got to keep the additional bonus points you got as a result of the bug that inadvertently increased your streak.

Can you please verify?

@Kate from OhmConnect great to see that OC is taking accountibility for their technical issues and letting users keep their additional bonus points. Now that's how you take care of your users! Keep it up!
  • Steve ESteve E Posts: 329Member, Moderator

My streak is at 21 now which jumped suddenly from I think it was 10 to 20. After the last OhmHour and as of this morning it is now at 21. However yesterday I got two text messages for the OhmHour and today on my dashboard I see two OhmHours pending for the same time. I also got an email this morning saying the results were in for the previous OhmHour which had already been awarded to me and I went from 0 points (I had just cashed out a day or so again) to having 2 points.

Yes, I can confirm the points remained unchanged. Like KarenE I received a "results are in" email this morning for the previously scored 3/13 event. The amount in the email differed from what I was previously credited with due to having the longer streak. Like KarenE I also have 2 TBDs for last night' event. Things really seem to be a bit of a mess.

edited March 2017

I also got reset to 21 (down from 28) this morning and got the second "results are in" email and duplicate TBDs as well.

I am now have -21 points (I had cashed out after the 3/13 points were added the first time).

If you download you point history csv file you can see the adjustment:

3/17/2017 Rewards For Demand Response 146 73
    3/17/2017 Rewards For Demand Response -168 73

@Steve Reed said:
    I also got reset to 21 (down from 28) this morning and got the second "results are in" email and duplicate TBDs as well.

I am now have -21 points (I had cashed out after the 3/13 points were added the first time).

If you download you point history csv file you can see the adjustment:

3/17/2017 Rewards For Demand Response 146 73
    3/17/2017 Rewards For Demand Response -168 73

I guess mine went up

2017-03-17 Rewards For Demand Response 90 45
    2017-03-17 Rewards For Demand Response -88 45

edited March 2017

I have to backtrack on my earlier statement. Points were actually lost...although not significant in my case. I didn't think to check that but because the dashboard hadn't changed.So, although my dashboard still shows I earned 670 points for the last event my points history now shows 651 and that matches the email I received this am.

One of the things that bugs me is the dates in the points history never match the event date. Look above and see I earned 670 points supposedly for an event on 3/13 yet the points history shows the date the points were credited...in this case 3/17. This makes it hard to track things accurately and I've seen points for the most recent event actually come in before an earlier event. I know this is not OCs fault as they depend on the data from the utility but when then happens the bonus amounts get flipped and out of order. Another peeve for me is that the data in the points history is very limited and unless you are tracking it yourself, independently, you cannot calculate the "base" points for an event. I try and track things pretty closely because I like to know the $$ per kWh that an event is given.

Perhaps I just need to get a life and give up following it and let it happen.

@KarenE and at @UkiwiS I'm going to ping OC Kate here. Just to cover our basis and help OC identify related bugs, can I ask that you email OC support directly to report to describe what you're finding?
    @Kate from OhmConnect are these issues that your team is trying to address behind the scenes?
    @UkiwiS the dates in the point history not matching actual OH hours is a known issue.

Would be nice if OC proactively provided notices about issues they've found, are in the process of fixing and when/how it's been fixed.

This would provide more transparency and probably lead to less confusion and frustration. We all know OC is far from perfect and are constantly trying to improve their program/platform (which always has the probability of creating bugs and problems along the way that they couldn't have predicted) and the user experience. I think the community just needs reassurance that they're on top of things.
    edited March 2017

@That Son Of A Bitz said:
    @KarenE and at @UkiwiS I'm going to ping OC Kate here. Just to cover our basis and help OC identify related bugs, can I ask that you email OC support directly to report to describe what you're finding?

If OC wants to reach out to me for more info they are welcome to do so. I know they are understaffed and to be honest I don't want to further burden them by sending in more emails.

I tagged @Kate from OhmConnect in an earlier comment regarding this and never got a reply. I just got notification points were in for the last OhmHour (the one I see twice on my dashboard and received two notifications for) and I have been awarded points for both (which I know must be a mistake). I did only receive one email notification regarding the points being awarded.

edited March 2017
    @KarenE It's the new new streak program. Time to cash out quick. ;)

@UkiwiS said:
    @KarenE It's the new new streak program. Time to cash out quick. ;)

I didn't realize when you hit 100% you got two events ;)

I have two entries for the 3/16 Ohmhour as well, but the really odd thing is they are for different amounts, even thought they are for the same event at the same time and have the same forecasted usage and actual usage.

@Steve Reed said:
    I have two entries for the 3/16 Ohmhour as well, but the really odd thing is they are for different amounts, even thought they are for the same event at the same time and have the same forecasted usage and actual usage.

One will have 5% more bonus points than the other so that is probably the difference. My bonus went from 105% to 115% after the "double" OhmHour so I'm assuming one got 105% bonus and one got 110% bonus for me.

@KarenE said:
    One will have 5% more bonus points than the other so that is probably the difference. My bonus went from 105% to 115% after the "double" OhmHour so I'm assuming one got 105% bonus and one got 110% bonus for me.

Ah, good catch. It did not look like they were 5% apart, but I realized it's 5% more on the base amount, not the bonus amount.

• UncleMoUncleMo Posts: 1Member
    edited March 2017
    @Kate from OhmConnect

Tells me my max streak is 11, which is actually correct, so that is something I guess anyway :)

When I go and look at the level up list of all of the tasks however, it tells me I have not managed to complete the "save nine out of ten days" one somehow ...

(?)
  • Kate from OhmConnectKate from OhmConnect Posts: 1,049Administrator

@uwikiS thanks for posting this :)

Hey All:

The message that @uwikiS posted is correct. We had a bug in streaks calculation that was caused by #OhmHours being computed out of order. It's not uncommon for these to be calculated out of order, since data comes in at different times and our machines are set up to process at different times throughout the day.

You may have seen changes to your streaks as our developers worked to resolve the issue; however, there are many edge cases. So, here is what was resolved:

• Current streaks are now accurate. Some streaks were previously showing higher than they should have due to a bug in our system. Users in this case received extra points due to this bug and can keep those points.
    • Some users' streaks were temporarily reduced to 0. These streaks have been restored to the correct level.
    • Current streaks now extend farther back, to include your #OhmHours before you received the streaks feature.
    • Longest streak shows your longest streak since the feature was pushed 100% live on Feb 10, 2017

Right now, we only show ~10 of your latest #OhmHours in the dashboard, which I know makes it difficult to count your own streak. Unfortunately the CSV download of your points doesn't correspond to the date of your #OhmHour, but rather the date the points were calculated. I have requested an update to the CSV to show you more information. OhmEngineers are busy working on some cool new features so we're a little strapped right now to get these updates out, but if you have questions I'm always here (or better yet, 1:1) to answer your questions.

Some things to keep in mind:

• We apologize for the confusion this has caused you. Internally we are big fans of Streaks and I can see from all the messages that most of you are too! We just love to get those consecutive #OhmHours, and the bonus points.
    • If you're looking to see your bonus points, you can see this on the Points CSV download. You'll see a column called "Streaks." This number is INCLUDED in the points you to see to the left.
    • If your streaks have changed over time and you're confused, remember the notes above. Also remember that you can continue to earn!
    • Finally, remember that Streaks is a feature for EVERYONE! Even if you have 9/10 in a row, you won't get Platinum unless you achieve Gold status first.
    edited April 2017

To avoid loosing my streak of 25, I have turned off notifications from 6am-7pm for the next few months due to having solar and living near the coast with frequent clouds for parts of the day.

Is there a way I can get notification of when ohmhours are happening, without officially participating? I would still like to reduce power during that time to help the grid. Sort of like a secondary "bronze" alert or something like that?

edited April 2017

Hey @Steve Reed hmmm....great question....There isn't at this time....Let me think about how we could do this. @curtistongue, any thoughts?

I think the only way to do this would be to set up a Bronze account (because these don't earn or lose points). Great idea overall. You could follow the Twitter feed, which announces all #OhmHours!

@Kate from OhmConnect said:
    You could follow the Twitter feed, which announces all #OhmHours!

I did not know about the Ohmhours being in Twitter. I'll follow that for now.

BTW, Yesterday's tweet said "#OhmHour in effect until 2:00PM if you live in SF. Reduce and earn!". We also had one in San Diego at that time, do there was not tweet for us.

I could set up a bronze account under my wife's name. as long as that's not breaking any rules, etc.

@Steve Reed thanks for letting me know about the Twitter feed. I'll get @Jess from OhmConnect to fix that!

So how are people fairing with their streaks?