Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Introducing Streaks!

1235»

Comments

  • Summer1Summer1 Posts: 117Member
    Maybe only lose one stresk if you go over or opt out don't seem far to lose all we have worked for them maybe if we're over again lose 2 streaks ect.. each time you go over you lose a streak. Exspecially if your having to opt out That's not going over
  • Sylvester Sylvester Posts: 16Member
    edited August 2017
    Keep at it everyone!
    I'm currently at 62
    #OhmHours in a row
    +310% Bonus
  • The Little Ohmer TwinsThe Little Ohmer Twins Union CityPosts: 1,014Moderator
    edited August 2017
    @Sylvester awesome job! Since that's pretty unbelievable, can you share a screenshot from your email or dashboard of your streak? It's how users prove they have the longest streak so far =)
  • UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,600Member, Moderator
    edited August 2017

    @Summer said:
    Maybe only lose one stresk if you go over or opt out don't seem far to lose all we have worked for them
    maybe if we're over again lose 2 streaks ect.. each time you go over you lose a streak. Exspecially if your having to opt out That's not going over

    I think the point of the streaks is to encourage us to continue maintaining the streak. With a good streak we've shown OC that they can rely on our savings. This gives them the confidence to bid in the auction Market. If they cannot deliver what they say they will there are financial penalties.

  • Sylvester Sylvester Posts: 16Member
    edited August 2017
    @AKPsi Vince i tried adding the screenshot but it's not going through for some reason. let me try again.
  • The Little Ohmer TwinsThe Little Ohmer Twins Union CityPosts: 1,014Moderator
    Nice! Even though it doesn't show up in the comment box, I can see it when I click on the attached file. What are your tricks to keeping your streak alive?
  • snetphiliesnetphilie ConcordPosts: 139Member, Moderator

    I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that my smart plugs don't fail me. I'm back up to a streak of 21 since the infamous internet stealing incident. I haven't been home in a week and had 4 OhmHours over that time, and with nobody there, based solely on what smart plugs decided to work on any given day, my usage for the those Ohm hours was 0.0415, 0.0261, 0.04, and 0.0287. Knowing everything that uses power like the back of my hand, this info tells me that one of my air purifiers didn't shut off for the 1st and 3rd ohm hours, and one of my ancillary plugs with barely anything on it didn't work for the 1st and 2nd. Somehow, as if the plugs knew this would be a disaster, the one hooked up to my fridge works flawlessly, and for low energy users, a refrigerator is your golden ticket to Streak-Town!

  • Sylvester Sylvester Posts: 16Member
    My smart plugs are pretty much what I rely on! I have my fridge, computer and microwave/stove plugged into them. My wife and I are super conscious of our electric usage (unplugging the tv, the desk lamps, etc when we go out) so that helps too.
  • loebtmcloebtmc Posts: 3Member

    So confused — and yes, I am something of a luddite but I find this website confusing. So, where do you see the "streak" noted? I have never NOT accepted a challenge, altho there have been few recently, but I am curious..... thank you

  • WaterGuyWaterGuy Posts: 414Member, Moderator

    @loebtmc said:
    So confused — and yes, I am something of a luddite but I find this website confusing. So, where do you see the "streak" noted? I have never NOT accepted a challenge, altho there have been few recently, but I am curious..... thank you

    Hi there! I'd agree that the website is a little confusing at the moment, but the OhmConnect is working hard behind the scenes to organize and clarify several sections, so you should see improvements.

    To answer your question, assuming your utility is connected and you're earning points, you can see your streak in your dashboard. Click where it says "ohmconnect" at the top left of this page, and then look here:

    Hope that helps!

  • lawolf95lawolf95 Posts: 2Member
    > @Kate from OhmConnect said:
    > Those of you who've logged in to see your Dashboard recently may have noticed a new widget: Streaks! With Streaks, we're helping you keep track of how many #OhmHours in a row in which you've successfully reduced. You'll notice that the longer your streak, the larger the bonus we'll apply to your next #OhmHour points.
    >
    > A Few Things to Keep in Mind
    > * If you OPT OUT of an #OhmHour, you will break your streak
    > * If you get 0 points or negative points, you will break your streak
    >
    > In order to offer this incentive to all users, we've eliminated the grace threshold for users who went over their forecast by .2kWh. Previously, we didn't issue negative points for users who were just barely over. Now, with Streaks available for al users, you may see negative points if you go over your forecast at any amount.

    I have a 'streak' of 26 in a row, received negative points for the 'unannounced' #OhmHour (in spite of our being assured of the contrary), and have not gotten my bonus for the last 3 participation periods - one was 2 consecutive hours - so, I'm not accruing points like the program states. Have I begun earning too quickly? Getting so frustrated!
  • Steve ESteve E Posts: 329Member, Moderator
    edited January 2018

    @lawolf95 said:
    > @Kate from OhmConnect said:
    > Those of you who've logged in to see your Dashboard recently may have noticed a new widget: Streaks! With Streaks, we're helping you keep track of how many #OhmHours in a row in which you've successfully reduced. You'll notice that the longer your streak, the larger the bonus we'll apply to your next #OhmHour points.
    >
    > A Few Things to Keep in Mind
    > * If you OPT OUT of an #OhmHour, you will break your streak
    > * If you get 0 points or negative points, you will break your streak
    >
    > In order to offer this incentive to all users, we've eliminated the grace threshold for users who went over their forecast by .2kWh. Previously, we didn't issue negative points for users who were just barely over. Now, with Streaks available for al users, you may see negative points if you go over your forecast at any amount.

    I have a 'streak' of 26 in a row, received negative points for the 'unannounced' #OhmHour (in spite of our being assured of the contrary), and have not gotten my bonus for the last 3 participation periods - one was 2 consecutive hours - so, I'm not accruing points like the program states. Have I begun earning too quickly? Getting so frustrated!

    There was a glitch that affected some users resulting in them still getting negative points for the #OhmHour for 9/11 that had no warning‚ if you are still seeing negative points for the 9/11 #OhmHour I suggest you contact support via [email protected]

    I'm not sure what you mean by not receiving your bonus for the last 3 participation periods‚ if by this you mean they are still showing as "TBD" that would indicate a delay in data being transmitted by your utility company. What dates are the #OhmHours you referring to and who is your utility company?

  • Steve ESteve E Posts: 329Member, Moderator

    So let's see how those streaks are going.

    As of the last #OhmHour we are at 66 for a 330% bonus.

    With the recent changes to the level bonuses streaks are now by far the biggest factor for me affecting the points awarded

  • SD ChipSD Chip Posts: 146Member

    I was up to 19 a few months back and lost my streak by mistake. I am now back up to 29.
    I protect that streak like it is my precious! As soon as I get enough tokens, I am getting one of these...!

  • The Little Ohmer TwinsThe Little Ohmer Twins Union CityPosts: 1,014Moderator
    @SD Chip how close are you to getting enough tokens to get the streak shield? Actually, how much longer do you think you have before you earn enough?

    Once you get and use it, please come back and let everyone know how it worked out for you. I’m not aware of anyone who’s gotten or used one yet.
  • SD ChipSD Chip Posts: 146Member
    edited October 2017

    @AKPsi Vince Well I am halfway there. I would say in about another 45 OhmHours I should have enough. At that time my streak will be up to 75 if I am careful. So....if we average about 1 event per week, I predict I should have that card next August....LOL

  • Steve ESteve E Posts: 329Member, Moderator

    @Sylvester said:
    I never thought I would make it to a streak of 80!

    Great job @Sylvester - I'm at 70 now and your streak is the longest I've heard of so far

  • The Little Ohmer TwinsThe Little Ohmer Twins Union CityPosts: 1,014Moderator
    Great job @Sylvester! Virtual high 5 to you! ✋
  • CKWMCKWM Fremont, CAPosts: 240Member

    @Sylvester - can you show what your excel sheet looks like in points you accumulate for each OhmHour?

  • The Little Ohmer TwinsThe Little Ohmer Twins Union CityPosts: 1,014Moderator

    Check out this other discussion where @Sylvester made it to 101 OH streak as of January 23rd. I wonder how many he has now....

    https://forum.ohmconnect.com/discussion/669/longest-streak

  • Sylvester Sylvester Posts: 16Member
    > @AKPsi Vince said:
    > Check out this other discussion where @Sylvester made it to 101 OH streak as of January 23rd. I wonder how many he has now....
    >
    > https://forum.ohmconnect.com/discussion/669/longest-streak

    112!
  • UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,600Member, Moderator
    @Sylvester

    #LEGEND
  • SFPowerSaverSFPowerSaver SFPosts: 43Member
    edited September 2018

    I'm getting up there on my streaks too:

    I have the streak shield card but haven't had to use it yet :)

Sign In or Register to comment.