Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Doesn't anyone hate the fact that they are Taking away points?

I've been a member since May and at first I thought it was a great idea! Points for not using so much energy! Wow! But now that it's also taking away points is crazy! I work 13 hr days and on days when OH is on, I still get points deducted! There's no one at home, how is that possible? How do I opt out when I'm automatically opted in? I'm glad I cashed out all my money before this happened. I now have a whopping 0 points! Yay! Is it possible to have negative points?! Because I'm on my way there. Lol. You earn like 20 points for saving energy and then when you lose energy they take away like 40 points. I'm never going to earn any points now.

Answers

• I appreciate that you've posted your thoughts, @FRANK GUERRERO.

The reason we introduced negative points is two-fold: 1) this way, we can pay out more to users who actually reduce energy. As a business, we need to be able to do that. 2) The market assumes that all of our users will participate, although we recognize this isn't possible. Based on the system in which OhmConnect operates, that's the main reason all users are opted in by default. We give you the option to opt out even though we may be financially liable if we don't reach the amount of energy we owe to the marketplace.

In sum, we don't take away points to be punitive, but in order to remain solvent as a business and to pay more when you do save.

• That Son Of A BitzThat Son Of A Bitz Union CityPosts: 715
    I think it's fair. The whole point of OC is to use less energy, so I'd prefer to be compensated more when I do even if it means risking losing points if I don't.