Comments

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,607Member, Moderator
    Oh no, what happened?
  • dinesh.nagardinesh.nagar Posts: 5Member

@UkiwiS said:
    Oh no, what happened?

Needed to be at home and do few things to just couldn't do it :(

• Ian and JenIan and Jen Posts: 3Member

• The Little Ohmer TwinsThe Little Ohmer Twins Union CityPosts: 1,014Moderator
    @Ian and Jen Great job!
  • vetidoravetidora Posts: 78Member
    I'm at 20 with my last two still sitting at tbd
  • SaveTheWorldSaveTheWorld Posts: 39Member, Moderator
    I'm at 37. Also last 2 ohm hours are still at TBD. Hopefully will reach 39 :-)
  • SrelazSrelaz FullertonPosts: 118Member
    I'm at 42 in a row. Still waiting for Monday's results but SCE said I used .04 kWh.
    Awesome job @Srelaz and @SaveTheWorld! It looks like 42 is the highest reported. But it's not official until we see some proof! Now show us those screenshots! =)

Thanks @That Son Of A Bitz. Currently at 40. 1 TBD.

@SaveTheWorld

AWESOMEJOB. Does the bonus stop at 200% or keep going?

Nice @SaveTheWorld! @UkiwiS I'm guessing we'll know very soon if the streak bonus goes above 200% when @SaveTheWorld has his next OH or the points get posted for TBD one he has.

@SaveTheWorld Please Let us know!

@That Son Of A Bitz @UkiwiS . Thanks guys. It keeps going :-)

...until it gets capped ;)

@That Son Of A Bitz said:

Oh no :-) Even with 205% bonus and 8X multiplier for being on Platinum status I earn very less compared to others as my base usage is already very low.

edited June 2017

@SaveTheWorld said:

Oh no :-) Even with 205% bonus and 8X multiplier for being on Platinum status I earn very less compared to others as my base usage is already very low.

At 200% you're actually on a 6X multiplier, despite what has been communicated. I know it's confusing.
    The formula is:
    Total Points = Base Points X (Multiplier+Bonus/100)

@UkiwiS I think I need more help breaking it down further. (Even though I help moderate, they don't tell me this stuff either.). Multiplier - you're referring to the status level? And bonus - you're referring to the streak? And how do you calculate each? And then do you have one easy formula where you can plug in your base points, your status level multiplier and your bonus % to get your total? Or even a formula that helps you work backwards to figure out the other variables if you have say...your total points?
  • WaterGuyWaterGuy Posts: 414Member, Moderator
    edited June 2017

@That Son Of A Bitz, the first formula you requested ("And then do you have one easy formula where you can plug in your base points, your status level multiplier and your bonus % to get your total?") is the one @UkiwiS provided. As you suggested, the multiplier comes from your status (e.g. 4x for Platinum) and the bonus percentage is based on the streak (e.g. 200%). So, if you earned 100 base points and had Platinum status and a 200% streak bonus, the total points (using his formula) would be:

600 = 100 X (4 + (200/100))

OhmConnect's point history spreadsheet gives you your total points and your streak bonus (not the percentage, but the actual points), which gives you two ways to back calculate your base points. The most straightforward is to use the Streak Bonus value in the spreadsheet combined with your known streak bonus percentage value (e.g. 200%):

Base Points = Streak Bonus (from spreadsheet) / (Streak Bonus Percentage/100)

So, if your Streak Bonus percentage was 200% and the Streak Bonus in the spreadsheet was 200 points, then:

Base Points = 200 / (200/100) = 100

The other method just involves rewriting @UkiwiS' formula a different way, solving for Base Points. The formula for that would be:

Base Points = Total Points ("Points" in the points history spreadsheet) / (Status Multiplier + Streak Bonus Percentage/100)

So, for the above example, if you see that you earned 600 points and had a streak bonus of 200% and Platinum status:

Base Points = 600 / (4 + (200/100)) = 100

• Michael CooperMichael Cooper Huntington BeachPosts: 29Member
    edited June 2017

Haven't hit an upper limit yet....it would be 54 if SCE weren't delaying the transmission of meter data.

edited June 2017

@That Son Of A Bitz, I do what @WaterGuy says in the second example and solve for Base Points.

Now, it actually gets a little more complicated if you hit the "limit" since you are "limited" to 2000 points. This is not a "cap" as I've referred to in the past but I'm told it's there to protect against faulty meters and fraud. If the limit is hit they will manually adjust it for you but you need to reach out to them and tell them you've hit it. They'll look into it and make an adjustment called "Rewards for Administrative Actions" to give you the full credit.

Here you can see I've hit the limit for the last 3 events.

Here's what I get in my download (Only showing last 2)

So for these two, I earned 4611 for the most recent and 3003 for the one prior.

For the most recent one I earned 4611 points and was on a streak bonus of 145%, so the base points:
    = 4611/(4+1.45)
    =4611/5.45
    =846

FYI, Bonus points is 846 X 1.45=1227. This is the first time I've actually seen the streak bonus in the download being correct for me since this change was implemented.

@UkiwiS said:

@SaveTheWorld said:

At 200% you're actually on a 6X multiplier, despite what has been communicated. I know it's confusing.
    The formula is:

Thanks for letting me know. Yes it is getting confusing each day :-)

@Michael Cooper Wow great job !! You are leading the race here :-)

@Michael Cooper I didn't know anyone had broken 50 OH Streak. Well done! I think you're leading the pack!

What do you do to consistently save energy, and I'm guessing with more certainty, avoid losing your streak?
  • SrelazSrelaz FullertonPosts: 118Member
    > @That Son Of A Bitz said:
    > Awesome job @Srelaz and @SaveTheWorld! It looks like 42 is the highest reported. But it's not official until we see some proof! Now show us those screenshots! =)

@Michael Cooper I didn't know anyone had broken 50 OH Streak. Well done! I think you're leading the pack!

What do you do to consistently save energy, and I'm guessing with more certainty, avoid losing your streak?

I'm fairly low-use to begin with (1-bed condo less than 2 miles from the beach, so A/C really not needed); therefore my two biggest "regular" energy guzzlers are the refrigerator (175 watts while running), and a desktop PC (about the same). Just having the refrigerator on a smart plug (perfectly safe for one hour), and deferring anything like laundry and dishwasher, virtually guarantees I'll get below projected use. If I happen to be home during an OH, I'll just throw the main breaker. I have a crude 12V lighting system on a rechargeable SLA battery that serves its purpose well during that hour!

@Michael Cooper It looks like you're quite the energy efficient minimalist and have this down on lock and key! =)
  • Steve ESteve E Posts: 329Member, Moderator

I thought I'd give this thread a bump to see where we are... I know @Michael Cooper was at 51 - I'm still not there yet and I was wondering if anyone else has made it past 50 yet?

@Steve E said:

I thought I'd give this thread a bump to see where we are... I know @Michael Cooper was at 51 - I'm still not there yet and I was wondering if anyone else has made it past 50 yet?

Great job! Good to know I'm not the only one who's OCD about powering down during an event, but the streak rewards are too lucrative to pass up. I'm somewhere around 60 now (in reality), but I'm dealing with a month-long delayed meter data issue with SoCal Edison, so who knows when it'll all get cleared up and I can have OC recalculate.

• Steve ESteve E Posts: 329Member, Moderator

@Michael Cooper said:

@Steve E said:

Great job! Good to know I'm not the only one who's OCD about powering down during an event, but the streak rewards are too lucrative to pass up. I'm somewhere around 60 now (in reality), but I'm dealing with a month-long delayed meter data issue with SoCal Edison, so who knows when it'll all get cleared up and I can have OC recalculate.

I've had my problems with SCE and data in the past. Thankfully mine only lasted for I think 4 OhmHours. I contacted SCE via their facebook page using Messenger (so it was a private message) and that seemed to get them moving on the issue. I don't know if you've tried giving them a prod‚ it might be worth a shot if you haven't already.

Good job on that streak... I guess with your OCD it's going to be near impossible for me to catch up :(

edited July 2017

@Steve E said:

@Michael Cooper said:

@Steve E said:

I've had my problems with SCE and data in the past. Thankfully mine only lasted for I think 4 OhmHours. I contacted SCE via their facebook page using Messenger (so it was a private message) and that seemed to get them moving on the issue. I don't know if you've tried giving them a prod‚ it might be worth a shot if you haven't already.

Good job on that streak... I guess with your OCD it's going to be near impossible for me to catch up :(

When I sent a private message to SCE over Facebook, including a screenshot of the multi-day delayed graph, it went completely unanswered. A few days later I went with their 800 number and they acknowledged it's been a problem for many customers. They also admitted that there wasn't much they could do about it immediately, but they did assure me that once the data was brought up to date, the "Green Button" data (which for the outstanding days is being populated by SCE based on historical averages) will get updated to the actual usage stats, so that OhmConnect can in turn correct my event stats and points. Because SCE is using averages in the interim, it completely throws off the stats for the hour interval corresponding to an OH event, in two cases leading OC to conclude I exceeded my forecast and resetting the streak to zero.

As of today, everything on the SCE chart from June 16th forward is still "delayed"! That encompasses 10 OhmHours with inaccurate results. I had mentioned in another thread that OhmConnect and its incentives have been outstanding, but SCE's handling of real-time meter data has been atrocious. Not sure if that's my OCD talking, or just a general dislike for incompetence :smile:

@Steve E . I am at 51. Have a TBD for 10th Jul event.