Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Longest streak?

Comments

• SrelazSrelaz FullertonPosts: 118Member

Probably not the largest. Still waiting results from Monday too.

• The Little Ohmer TwinsThe Little Ohmer Twins Union CityPosts: 1,014Moderator
    @Srelaz That actually is the largest! Looks like you're getting pretty close to quadrupling the number of OH points you get. Good for your!

How much is your actual usage on average? If it's less than 5kWh, should should buy the special card with your tokens, which has been great for low energy users because it momentarily raise your forecast
  • John KJohn K Lake Forest - Hikers and Bikers TeamPosts: 585Member

@Michael Cooper said:

They also admitted that there wasn't much they could do about it immediately, . . .

. . . SCE's handling of real-time meter data has been atrocious. Not sure if that's my OCD talking, or just a general dislike for incompetence :smile:

Have you given any thought to filing a formal complaint with CPUC? I'm not sure whether SCE's handling is because of incompetence or a belief that anything they do to make OC a success is aiding and abetting the enemy, and reducing their bottom line. Of course there are things they can do to solve the problem, but that might require hiring more people or buying new equipment. They've been playing this game for years, and unless/until their wrists are slapped, it will continue. They do the same thing when forced to participate in pilot programs for electric vehicle charging; they sabotage any program that works against their bottom line.

The complaint form can be filed online at: https://appsssl.cpuc.ca.gov/cpucapplication/

• SrelazSrelaz FullertonPosts: 118Member
    edited July 2017

@That Son Of A Bitz said:
    @Srelaz That actually is the largest! Looks like you're getting pretty close to quadrupling the number of OH points you get. Good for your!

How much is your actual usage on average? If it's less than 5kWh, should should buy the special card with your tokens, which has been great for low energy users because it momentarily raise your forecast

My average consumption has been on the rise with kids in the house off of school for the summer and increased AC usage now that the weather is warmer. My last forecasted usage was .9 kWh and I did use the baseline boost. I am just waiting for the payout from Monday from 4-5 PM. I have enough tokens for another baseline boost too. 14 smart devices that work with OC helps with the tokens.

• vetidoravetidora Posts: 78Member
    Had a streak of 33 this morning check this afternoon to see if my last two ohm hours posted to find out I'm negative points and at a streak of 6 so I lost my streak and points
  • snetphiliesnetphilie ConcordPosts: 139Member, Moderator

My streak is only back up to 14. Would have been at 44 had it not been for someone cutting the cable to my condo to steal my internet, causing none of my smart plugs to respond when I wasn't home! Yeah, for those of you who have already heard this, I'm still bitter, LOL :smile:

• Michael CooperMichael Cooper Huntington BeachPosts: 29Member

@John K said:

@Michael Cooper said:

They also admitted that there wasn't much they could do about it immediately, . . .

. . . SCE's handling of real-time meter data has been atrocious. Not sure if that's my OCD talking, or just a general dislike for incompetence :smile:

Have you given any thought to filing a formal complaint with CPUC? I'm not sure whether SCE's handling is because of incompetence or a belief that anything they do to make OC a success is aiding and abetting the enemy, and reducing their bottom line. Of course there are things they can do to solve the problem, but that might require hiring more people or buying new equipment. They've been playing this game for years, and unless/until their wrists are slapped, it will continue. They do the same thing when forced to participate in pilot programs for electric vehicle charging; they sabotage any program that works against their bottom line.

The complaint form can be filed online at: https://appsssl.cpuc.ca.gov/cpucapplication/

Thanks for the advice - going to CPUC has definitely come to mind on occasion! I don't know how SCE itself would benefit from screwing with OhmConnect members or OC itself, since all we're doing is opting for OC's incentive program over SCE's - but anything is possible and I'm sure there's plenty going on that I can't even imagine.

Now I've reached a point at which I'm not even receiving a bill from SCE...."Due to delayed billing on your account, usage data is unavailable. Please try again later." Unreal! Granted I'm not a heavy user because I'm in a coastal zone, but this has got to cause 100x more frustration for those who have a bigger household or use central A/C regularly.

edited July 2017

@Michael Cooper said:

I don't know how SCE itself would benefit from screwing with OhmConnect members or OC itself, since all we're doing is opting for OC's incentive program over SCE's - but anything is possible and I'm sure there's plenty going on that I can't even imagine.

I'm guessing you are participating at OC because the awards for saving are MUCH higher than anything SCE pays. So, it ends up costing them much more to buy the reduction from OC.

As I understand it, all the ISOs fought the concept of allowing 3rd-party D-R programs.

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,607Member, Moderator
    > @John K said:
    > @Michael Cooper said:
    >
    > I don't know how SCE itself would benefit from screwing with OhmConnect members or OC itself, since all we're doing is opting for OC's incentive program over SCE's - but anything is possible and I'm sure there's plenty going on that I can't even imagine.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I'm guessing you are participating at OC because the awards for saving are MUCH higher than anything SCE pays. So, it ends up costing them much more to buy the reduction from OC.
    >
    > As I understand it, all the ISOs fought the concept of allowing 3rd-party D-R programs.

The ISOs fought it, or do you mean the utilities?

@John K said:

@Michael Cooper said:

I don't know how SCE itself would benefit from screwing with OhmConnect members or OC itself, since all we're doing is opting for OC's incentive program over SCE's - but anything is possible and I'm sure there's plenty going on that I can't even imagine.

I'm guessing you are participating at OC because the awards for saving are MUCH higher than anything SCE pays. So, it ends up costing them much more to buy the reduction from OC.

As I understand it, all the ISOs fought the concept of allowing 3rd-party D-R programs.

My apologies in advance to the board moderators for going somewhat off-topic :smile: I had assumed that none of our OC rewards are coming out of SCE's bottom line since it's ultimately the CA ISO making the payout. But I could see how it might disadvantage SCE if CAISO is paying out a fixed amount for a given reduction amount, and SCE was only passing a portion of that onto the customer and pocketing the difference if we chose their incentive programs instead. And from what I'm seeing, it wouldn't surprise me if that were the case.

I'll check with my neighbors to see if their usage data is missing as well. We're all in the same condo building so our meters are clustered in the same panel. That might give me some more insight into the problem. I don't think any of them are signed up with OC.

edited July 2017

@UkiwiS said:

The ISOs fought it, or do you mean the utilities?

Thanks. Yes, the utilities -- I meant to type IOUs, Investor-Owned Utilities.

• Heather R. WeatherHeather R. Weather Posts: 125Member

41 as of today! Love the streaks... my forecasts are now a measly 0.2...zero point two! (no a/c...live coastal SD...summer is my low season). Thank goodness for smart plugs, streaks and level bonus points, I actually get around 200 pts. The key is definitely having a smart plug on the fridge.

@Heather R. Weather silly question: how did you move your fridge, so you could connect the SmartPlug in the back? Did you have to take out all of your food and/or use a dolly? I hope you have a simple trick because I want to avoid having to go thru the hassle of taking all of my food out and/or borrowing/renting a dolly because I don't own one.
  • Richard strangeRichard strange SoCalPosts: 71Member
    My fridge has rollers on the bottom so its easy to slide out.
  • Heather R. WeatherHeather R. Weather Posts: 125Member
    > @That Son Of A Bitz said:
    > @Heather R. Weather silly question: how did you move your fridge, so you could connect the SmartPlug in the back? Did you have to take out all of your food and/or use a dolly? I hope you have a simple trick because I want to avoid having to go thru the hassle of taking all of my food out and/or borrowing/renting a dolly because I don't own one.

Funny enough...my boyfriend's arm was long enough to reach behind and unplug and plus the smart plug in. The plug is in the middle of the wall, I had no idea! I thought we were going to have to pull it out and that's massively difficult because its somewhat crammed to fit in the space...was so lucky!
  • Steve ESteve E Posts: 329Member, Moderator

So how are the streaks going? As of my last #OhmHour we're now at 59‚ I'm sure there are a few out there that have us beaten by quite a margin. Let's see those streaks and see if anyone can get to 75

Awesome @Steve E Virtual fist bump =) You definitely have me beat! Unfortunately, my longest streak is so pitiful, I'm not even going to mention what it was. It's hard to tell my wife, "you need to stop walking on the treadmill while watching the Housewives of Antarctica right now because it's an OhmHour". True Story (except the Antarctica part - I'm pretty sure no housewife is willing to live in sub-zero temperatures lol).

In any case, keep on saving on Ohmers!

Almost there....actually I might've gotten there already but I've had the dreaded SCE meter data delays. At least they sent enough corrected data to restore my broken streak!

@AKPsi Vince said:
    Awesome @Steve E Virtual fist bump =) You definitely have me beat! Unfortunately, my longest streak is so pitiful, I'm not even going to mention what it was. It's hard to tell my wife, "you need to stop walking on the treadmill while watching the Housewives of Antarctica right now because it's an OhmHour". True Story (except the Antarctica part - I'm pretty sure no housewife is willing to live in sub-zero temperatures lol).

In any case, keep on saving on Ohmers!

Can't you rig the Treadmill to generate the electricity to run the TV???

@Michael Cooper said:
    Almost there....actually I might've gotten there already but I've had the dreaded SCE meter data delays. At least they sent enough corrected data to restore my broken streak!

Nice!!!

Where are you located? I'm just outside of Pasadena and apparently don't get anywhere near the # of OhmHours you do!

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,607Member, Moderator

@Michael Cooper Wow, nice job. I'm at 46 and I only get 1 or 2 a week so I'm lagging you by a few months!

@Steve E said:

@Michael Cooper said:

Nice!!!

Where are you located? I'm just outside of Pasadena and apparently don't get anywhere near the # of OhmHours you do!

Southern end of Huntington Beach, so admittedly I might have an unfair advantage. Very rarely need AC, and it's a condo, so basically putting the refrigerator on a smart plug and making sure my desktop PC is turned off during an OH are enough to make sure I'm below projected use. If I happen to be home during an event, I'll just throw the main breaker.

@Michael Cooper Truly amazing! Thanks for your commitment to saving! Assuming you're a low energy user and therefore have less energy you can save and points you can earn, would you mind sharing what your lowest base points were for an OhmHour (without streak & status level incentives), how much kWh you actually saved, and how much you actually got due to the streak & status level incentives you have?

I really think this will help provide hope to those users who don't use a lot of energy (myself included) and demonstrate that they can earn a modest amount of points by consistently saving during each OhmHour.

@Steve E I should jerry-rig the treadmill to power the TV. That would be awesome! =)

@AKPsi Vince said:
    @Michael Cooper Truly amazing! Thanks for your commitment to saving! Assuming you're a low energy user and therefore have less energy you can save and points you can earn, would you mind sharing what your lowest base points were for an OhmHour (without streak & status level incentives), how much kWh you actually saved, and how much you actually got due to the streak & status level incentives you have?

I really think this will help provide hope to those users who don't use a lot of energy (myself included) and demonstrate that they can earn a modest amount of points by consistently saving during each OhmHour.

@Steve E I should jerry-rig the treadmill to power the TV. That would be awesome! =)

It looks like the lowest number of base points earned during a 1-hour event was 17. But that was also before streaks and status-level bonuses were introduced in the first place, so the whole computation method just for base points probably got changed when they were introduced. During that hour my forecast usage was 0.19 and I got it down to 0.08. I believe that was a late-night event, because my late afternoon projected one-hour usage is usually between 0.25 and 0.35 in the winter months, 0.35 to 0.45 in the summer.

My lowest base points for an event after BOTH streaks and status bonuses had been introduced, was in early June 2017. 30 points, for reducing from 0.207 kWh down to 0.000. That got boosted by 77 points by the streak bonus, and another 90 points for status level (total 197).

But....it's also a one-person household, so there's less laundry, fewer dishwasher cycles, etc. Gas heating and cooking, only "major" electrical circuit is the 240V/30A clothes dryer - and half time time I hang my stuff up to dry w/ the help of ceiling fans anyway! Makes for a great evaporative cooler during the hotter months.

@Michael Cooper Now that's a great energy saving tip to help users stay cool during an OhmHour (and in general), so they don't have to use their AC as much.

"... half time time I hang my stuff up to dry w/ the help of ceiling fans anyway! Makes for a great evaporative cooler during the hotter months."

Can you post a picture of what that looks like? But without any under-garments - unless it's the coveted OhmConnect boxers! j/k
    > @AKPsi Vince said:
    > @Michael Cooper Now that's a great energy saving tip to help users stay cool during an OhmHour (and in general), so they don't have to use their AC as much.
    >
    > "... half time time I hang my stuff up to dry w/ the help of ceiling fans anyway! Makes for a great evaporative cooler during the hotter months."
    >
    > Can you post a picture of what that looks like? But without any under-garments - unless it's the coveted OhmConnect boxers! j/k

Yah I'll have to think about that photo....until then let's just say it's impressive how much you can drape over your dining room chairs when there's no upholstery blocking airflow on either back or seat. The surrounding flat portions of the stairway banister work great too.
    edited September 2017
    > @Steve E said:
    > So how are the streaks going? As of my last #OhmHour we're now at 59‚ I'm sure there are a few out there that have us beaten by quite a margin. Let's see those streaks and see if anyone can get to 75

Here ya go! Had to make it official. And not bad, last OH was 1476 points (259 base, 259 platinum bonus, 958 streak bonus) for shaving off just 0.77 kWh over 2 hours.

@Michael Cooper - nice work

I'm still working on mine and still lag you by a good margin

@Steve E said:
    @Michael Cooper - nice work

I'm still working on mine and still lag you by a good margin

Hey that's quite impressive, great job!

• I'm on 68...I'm sure by now others of you are probably far along too