Longest streak?

Comments

• Sylvester Sylvester Posts: 16Member
    > @Kate from OhmConnect said:
    > @Sylvester did you make it?

Yes! I'm at 101 Streaks ☺
  • Kate from OhmConnectKate from OhmConnect Posts: 1,049Administrator

Congrats @Sylvester

• The Little Ohmer TwinsThe Little Ohmer Twins Union CityPosts: 1,014Moderator
    @Sylvester Can you post a screenshot of it?
    > @AKPsi Vince said:
    > @Sylvester Can you post a screenshot of it?

Here you go
    That’s awesome! Great job!
    Curious, what were your base points? And how many points did you get altogether because of your streak?

I know you’re a low energy user, so it would be helpful to see what others like you can achieve even though they don’t use much energy.
    > @AKPsi Vince said:
    > Curious, what were your base points? And how many points did you get altogether because of your streak?
    >
    > I know you’re a low energy user, so it would be helpful to see what others like you can achieve even though they don’t use much energy.

Honestly sometimes I'm surprised we beat our forecast. We use smart plugs on the desktop and the fridge. We used to have it on the microwave but that didn't end well and we had to buy a new one. We also have power strips we turn off. It helps we live in a condo, I know a lot of you live in houses.
    Thanks for sharing!
  • SFPowerSaverSFPowerSaver SFPosts: 43Member

That is awesome Sylvestor. I'm about half way to 100. Hope to get there in a year!

• Steve ESteve E Posts: 329Member, Moderator

Let's keep this thread updated so we can see how people are doing on their streaks.

Maybe we should start a thread for people who streaks over 100? Maybe the "100 club"?

LOVE IT! But you have to be careful about the exclusivity it might create and the negativity that may come from other users who are excluded.
  • CKWMCKWM Fremont, CAPosts: 241Member

@Sylvester how's your streak coming along? It's awesome to hear from such big earners.

Anyone else in the streak of 100's?

Something I'm aspiring to with my current 12.

I'm currently at 102.

> @CKWM said:
    > @Sylvester how's your streak coming along? It's awesome to hear from such big earners.
    >
    > Anyone else in the streak of 100's?
    >
    > Something I'm aspiring to with my current 12.

Currently at 116
  • UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,607Member, Moderator
    @Sylvester

Wow...
    Awesome!
  • SaveTheWorldSaveTheWorld Posts: 39Member, Moderator

:-)

• jserramcjserramc Posts: 333Member

I was at 38 then Apr 13 OC claimed I went over my forecast. I challenged this and looked on my online utility account. It did not match. OC said I used almost 10x more than the forecast yet my utility says I used less than their forecast. Any one else seeing this problem? Next I'll check even the last 38 days to see if it matches! Still waiting for an answer from OC.

@jserramc said:
    I was at 38 then Apr 13 OC claimed I went over my forecast. I challenged this and looked on my online utility account. It did not match. OC said I used almost 10x more than the forecast yet my utility says I used less than their forecast. Any one else seeing this problem? Next I'll check even the last 38 days to see if it matches! Still waiting for an answer from OC.

It is possible that incorrect data was sent to #OhmConnect from your utility company. How long ago did you contact OC support?

yesterday when I was given the update from OC

@jserramc said:

They should hopefully be in contact with you shortly. My own utility company is SCE and I have personally had issues with delayed data and missing data (leading to inaccurate forecasts) but have never had erroneous data sent. I know others have had this issue in the past. In my cases the correct data was eventually sent by SCE and the results were updated appropriately.

Yes, this happened in Jan and it seemed to be a system wide issue. I see that "OC is currently understaffed and it may take longer to receive an answer" so I am expecting that it may be several days before I get results from them.

And I sent them a screen shot of my usage for the ohm hour from my utility company (PGE) so hopefully they can work with that

edited April 2018

@jserramc said:

1. Which utility are you with?
    2. Can you post a screenshot of the detail for the OhmHour concerned?

You should be able to easily verify the data that goes into the forecast and the actual usage on the day.

Here's a recent one for me:

My usage on Sunday, 4/8, 8-9 as shown by SDGE is exactly what OC says it is:

I've had very few issues with the data over the last year but occasionally SDGE will show "missing data" and it's usually for the time period between midnight and 1am. The problem is this takes a while for them to sort out and no OC results post while it's in this state.
    If your utility data doesn't match what OC is reporting I believe that your utility initially reported incorrect data. Over subsequent days it will probably be corrected and the updates reflected on OC. So if that's the case, give it another day or two to see if the data is refreshed and updated. If it's not fixed automatically, get in touch with OC again via the help email and they'll fix it. Please keep us updated.

I'll work on this today and send what I can. Thanks for info.
    BTW what do you think would be the best way to deal with being an active member while you are away on extended vacations? I would think that my usage would be pretty constant for the days and weeks during this time so if I had an average of say 1 kWh from 5-6 PM and next week they give me an ohm hour and I will not be there (nor have a smart device nor smart phone) and I'm asked to reduce to .90, I would think I couldn't do this. So with an extended vacation would it be better to drop out entirely and rejoin upon return or is there another solution? (vacations last 2-3 months).

edited April 2018
    @jserramc

If you are not home for an extended period of time you need to be careful. You have a few days before low usage impacts your performance. Every day the oldest reading of the last 10 drops off and the forecast and is replaced by yesterday's reading. So...if you are away longer than a week, I'd recommend changing your settings so that you are not participating... Obviously if your numbers are normally high then you have more room to move. When you are back and comfortable that your average is again obtainable during an event, turn things back on. This is exactly what I did while overseas for 2 weeks last month. I also purchased a Streak Shield card for insurance! (My Streak is currently 90 and I plan on keeping it as long as possible)

EDIT: I just reread this and saw that you're away for 2-3 months. Another thing that will get you is the status level requirements...
    https://faq.ohmconnect.com/getting-rewarded/how-do-i-move-up-in-status-levels-and-whats-it-worth

Thanks for link. I just reviewed my last 10 ohm hours with PGE and OC. PGE rounds up slightly (.028 might read .03) while OC would use the .028) but in no way can .08 be rounded to 1.812 .
    Here's my OC page: (having difficulty screen saving page)

OhmHour Detail

Friday, Apr 13, 7:00-8:00PM
    Last utility data refresh: April 19, 2018
    Your use: 1.812 kWh
    Forecasted use: 0.203 kWh
    Forecast = average kWh used during the same time interval over previous 10 weekdays for weekday #OhmHours and previous 4 weekend days for weekend #OhmHours:
    Date & Time
    kWh Used
    Thursday, 2018-04-12 7:00-8:00PM
    Wednesday, 2018-04-11 7:00-8:00PM
    Monday, 2018-04-09 7:00-8:00PM
    Thursday, 2018-04-05 7:00-8:00PM
    Wednesday, 2018-04-04 7:00-8:00PM
    Monday, 2018-04-02 7:00-8:00PM
    Friday, 2018-03-30 7:00-8:00PM
    Thursday, 2018-03-29 7:00-8:00PM
    Wednesday, 2018-03-28 7:00-8:00PM
    Tuesday, 2018-03-27 7:00-8:00PM

I am having difficult sending the picture from PGE (I did this yesterday in the chat to OC but I cannot seem to do it in this conversation)

My usage per PGE is .08.

(this is what comes up with the pge page, not sure if it can be opened)

just noticed the above photo was for the wrong hour. this is what it should be:

@jserramc said:

(this is what comes up with the pge page, not sure if it can be opened)

I think you highlighted the wrong bar? If not this shows usage of 0.79.
    Obviously something isn't right. Maybe check again tomorrow and see if the data has refreshed? You want to see if this date changes and if the numbers are updated..

third time the charm, THIS is the right one...