Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Longest streak?

123457

Comments

  • UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,607Member, Moderator

    @Claudia is this something you can look into?

  • jserramcjserramc Posts: 333Member

    yes I've checked daily since this happened and numbers have not changed. Hopefully before the next ohm hour it will be correct!

  • jserramcjserramc Posts: 333Member

    also, I notice that responses to this forum do not appear elsewhere on the site--I have to go into help then forums then "longest streak" to retrieve answers.

  • John KJohn K Lake Forest - Hikers and Bikers TeamPosts: 585Member
    edited April 2018

    @jserramc, if I understand you, you are looking for notifications of when there might be a response to your postings. If so, go to the gear icon in the upper righthand corner of your screen and choose Edit Profile from the drop down menu. Then choose Notification Preferences from the righthand column. As an aside, if you choose to view the forum via Recent Discussions, it will make things much easier, as it makes the thread title bold on any thread when you have an unread post, and it moves those threads to the top of your list. If you save a link to your browser menu bar for https://forum.ohmconnect.com/discussions , you can go there with one click at any time without having to resort to emailed notifications.

    The reason there are no popups or notifications of responses on other OhmConnect screens, that is because the forum is not hosted on OC servers (unless something has changed) . . . it is hosted elsewhere.

  • jserramcjserramc Posts: 333Member

    thanks for info. I've gone in and checked email on this category, rocking my hours, but did not see recent discussions as a choice. What is a pop up notification? The only thing I notice is a red color on the inbox (prior to changing my notification). so with email I guess I'll get an email saying you have a message?

    these are the categories I see that I can choose from:

    Welcome to OhmConnect
    Announcements
    Rocking Your #OhmHours
    Low Energy Users
    Understanding Your Results
    General Discussion
    Smart Home, Automation, and Devices
    Solar Users
    Troubleshooting
    Referrals
    Energy news
    Product Recommendations

  • jserramcjserramc Posts: 333Member

    and numbers from this event are unchanged as of 9 AM Friday.

  • UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,607Member, Moderator
    edited April 2018

    @jserramc

    Try looking at your forum profile settings...what do you see when you click here?
    https://forum.ohmconnect.com/profile/preferences/

    This is what I have, and I get an email for virtually everything. In gmail I have a filter setup for *ohmconnect.com

  • John KJohn K Lake Forest - Hikers and Bikers TeamPosts: 585Member

    @jserramc said:
    thanks for info. I've gone in and checked email on this category, rocking my hours, but did not see recent discussions as a choice.

    Recent Discussions is not a category -- it is a listing of all the latest postings regardless of category. I find that by viewing the forum this way, I don't really need notifications. Recent Discussions can be displayed by choosing that option near the top of the righthand column.

    What is a pop up notification?

    A popup notification, available on some forums, is a little text window that opens as soon as you visit the site to advise you of something. I thought perhaps you had experience with them and that was what you were hoping to see.

    The only thing I notice is a red color on the inbox (prior to changing my notification). so with email I guess I'll get an email saying you have a message?

    By now, you've hopefully seen what the email says -- I don't know the exact wording.

  • jserramcjserramc Posts: 333Member

    good news--OC has updated my info and I am back to where I was. I did view past dates when I lost points and they seemed to be correct. Still a learning curve but glad to know I can check this.

    Still trying to figure out the bonus--185% is like almost getting 3x as much--I'd get the base anyway so wouldn't the bonus be in 185% addition to my earnings?

    I checked a few things for email, maybe I should check them all even if the discussion was not one I was interested in. So far these last two notifications did not appear in my email, just on this forum site.

  • UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,607Member, Moderator
    > @jserramc said:
    > good news--OC has updated my info and I am back to where I was. I did view past dates when I lost points and they seemed to be correct. Still a learning curve but glad to know I can check this.
    >
    > Still trying to figure out the bonus--185% is like almost getting 3x as much--I'd get the base anyway so wouldn't the bonus be in 185% addition to my earnings?
    >
    > I checked a few things for email, maybe I should check them all even if the discussion was not one I was interested in. So far these last two notifications did not appear in my email, just on this forum site.

    That's good news. For the streak bonus, check out your csv file download and the colum headings...it should make more sense to you seeing it. Also, search the forum for "formula"....you shoukd get a few hits.
  • Jarred PinnJarred Pinn Posts: 3Member

    I think you're calculating it wrong.
    Your base points are multiplied by the following:
    1.5x for gold and 2x for platinum users.
    then, you get an additional multiplier on the base points for the streak bonus.
    For example my last one was 22 in a row and I got a 110% bonus on the base points, that's base x 1.10
    So if I add up the total points it is:
    [2 (platinum) + 1.10 (streak bonus)] x base + 500 (mega bonus) + buddy bonus = base x 3.10 + 500 + buddy bonus

    @UkiwiS said:
    > @jserramc said:
    > good news--OC has updated my info and I am back to where I was. I did view past dates when I lost points and they seemed to be correct. Still a learning curve but glad to know I can check this.
    >
    > Still trying to figure out the bonus--185% is like almost getting 3x as much--I'd get the base anyway so wouldn't the bonus be in 185% addition to my earnings?
    >
    > I checked a few things for email, maybe I should check them all even if the discussion was not one I was interested in. So far these last two notifications did not appear in my email, just on this forum site.

    That's good news. For the streak bonus, check out your csv file download and the colum headings...it should make more sense to you seeing it. Also, search the forum for "formula"....you shoukd get a few hits.

  • jserramcjserramc Posts: 333Member

    since my post in April, OC made the points a lot easier to understand. the figures now show line by line whereas before it was all kind of lumped together.

  • Steve ESteve E Posts: 329Member, Moderator

    So how are people's streaks coming along? As of today I just reached a streak of 130 in a row which I have every intention of keeping alive and growing!

  • Kimberly McDermottKimberly McDermott Posts: 82Member
    Im at 111 and I think I saw someone at 136
  • Steve ESteve E Posts: 329Member, Moderator

    Nice going @Sylvester

  • Kimberly McDermottKimberly McDermott Posts: 82Member
    Congrats @Sylvester
  • califf22califf22 Posts: 5Member
    edited July 2018

    122 and am always concerned I might break the streak. Thinking I will get a card to protect the streak asap.

  • Steve ESteve E Posts: 329Member, Moderator

    @califf22 - I have a streak shield card and it does give you some peace of mind. I just started using smart plugs and if you aren't already you might also want to look into them to help you automate your power savings.

  • I too have a streak shield card...I was worried last October while we were traveling so I purchased it then. ..it definitely provide peace of mind for sure
  • Wayne BartlettWayne Bartlett Posts: 6Member

    @califf22 said:

    122 and am always concerned I might break the streak. Thinking I will get a card to protect the streak asap.

    Way to go! How much money have you made? Have you cashed out or are you letting it roll?

  • Lisa BrownLisa Brown Posts: 1Member

    I'm at 69 Ohm Hours in a row (with 2 still pending, thanks SCE!)...and a 345% bonus. =)

  • Steve ESteve E Posts: 329Member, Moderator

    "@Lisa Brown" - nice going with the streak, keep at it. SCE have their issues getting data to OhmConnect from time to time. As a fellow SCE user I can attest to the fact it's annoying but always gets resolved in the end.

  • We currently have a streak of 44 and we are solar users. It's not that hard to achieve. We turn off electricity at the circuit breakers. I expect that one day we will not be under our goal because we can't go lower than 0, and we generate electricity, so one day the goal could be minus something. I am saving for a Streak Shield card. I wish we had not spent 10,000 tokens on the Baseline Boost, but hopefully, we'll get enough tokens again before our streak breaks. Yes, you can't watch TV or use the Internet for an hour, but it's worth the sacrifice! I bought a few indoor/outdoor lanterns and we have enough light to do anything.
    I can still play music on my phone, so sometimes we have Happy Hour and dance by candlelight or lantern—very romantic!

  • UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,607Member, Moderator

    @laurelrpatton-com

    I'd highly recommend you adjust your availability so that you don't get those negative forecasts and a rude shock on a cloudy day. You'll miss those 5pm and earlier OhmHours but do you really care when you streak is safe?

  • califf22, Sylvester, and Kimberly McDermott, that is AMAZING!!!!! Good for you! I'm not sure what else I can beyond turning off the circuit breakers to use 0. Do you have any other tips?

  • Nick RadtkeNick Radtke Posts: 6Member


    Got a streak shield in place to protect this monster.

  • I’m at 35 and still waiting for one to come in. 👍🏼 I read on Ohm.co how one was up to 100 in a row. I was just curious to see if the bonus peaks or if if keeps climbing as long as you continue to hit it?
  • UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,607Member, Moderator
    > @emilysviramontes said:
    > I’m at 35 and still waiting for one to come in. 👍🏼 I read on Ohm.co how one was up to 100 in a row. I was just curious to see if the bonus peaks or if if keeps climbing as long as you continue to hit it?

    At the moment it keeps on inncreasing. There has been talking of capping it and even changing it from 5% to 1% above a certain limit, but that hasn't happened yet.
  • @UkiwiS I hope that doesn't happen...

Sign In or Register to comment.