Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

When do #OhmHours start and end?

surrealcherealsurrealchereal Posts: 41Member
edited February 2017 in Rocking Your #OhmHours

When do ohm hours start and end? The announcement will say it starts and ends on the hour and it used to, but now I don't get the notices until about 10 minutes after the hour. So tonight's notice said it was from 7 to 8 but I didn't get the start notice till 7:10 and it didn't end until 8:10. Or is just the notification wrong?

Best Answer

Answers

• Kate from OhmConnectKate from OhmConnect Posts: 1,049Administrator
    edited April 2017

Hi @surrealchereal - good to hear from you :) For now, these always start at the top of the hour.

You should be getting the notice at least a few minutes prior. If not, please let me know by sending me the text or email!

• surrealcherealsurrealchereal Posts: 41Member

You replied "For now, these always start at the to of the hour" What does that mean?

• Kate from OhmConnectKate from OhmConnect Posts: 1,049Administrator

Sorry-- I've edited my response :) By top of the hour, @surrealchereal, I mean the beginning.

• The Little Ohmer TwinsThe Little Ohmer Twins Union CityPosts: 1,010Moderator
    For some reason, "Top" and "Bottom" has always confused me especial when it refers to a timeline with a beginning and an end i.e. Top of the 8th Inning (baseball). I still get confused sometimes which one means what
  • surrealcherealsurrealchereal Posts: 41Member
    edited October 2017

Hi Kate! The time problems happened again with yesterday's ohm hour. I got a notice that ohm hour was starting at 720 and then another one at 820 saying it was over. I had gotten earlier notices saying it started and ended at 7 and 8. But its disconcerting to turn the power back on and get a text 20 minutes later saying Ohm hour is now over or not be able to depend on a text when it begins. What's the problem? (The previous Ohm hour notification was off by 10 minutes)

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,523Member, Moderator
    edited October 2017

I participated in the same event and received notification 13 minutes before the start and then another notice 14 minutes after it finished.

We all know #OhmHours always start and finish on the hour. Sure it's a little disconcerting that your text messages are not arriving on time but is there any way of telling where the fault lies when SMS or email is involved? Is the fault with OC, AT&T, Sprint, Verizon, T-Mobile or someone else? Is it that big a deal given you received earlier notices?

• nat.firatonat.firato Posts: 1Member

i always get ohm hour notices that they've ended nearly 30 mins after. I always wonder if I'm being charged for using power after the ohmhour is supposed to be over. Lately my "expected" use is minuscule at best.

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,523Member, Moderator

@nat.firato said:
    i always get ohm hour notices that they've ended nearly 30 mins after. I always wonder if I'm being charged for using power after the ohmhour is supposed to be over. Lately my "expected" use is minuscule at best.

There's no need to wonder or be suspicious when you can check both the forecast and the usage by downloading the data from your utility company...that's exactly what OC does and you can confirm the accuracy for yourself. It's not easy to do but If you go to the effort, you'll conclude that the numbers are correct