Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Connect 2 tp-link smart plug to my ohmconnect accout

jensenlejensenle Posts: 2Member

On my kasa account I have 2 smart plug. When I add it to ohmconnect I only see one. If I try to add the kasa account 2nd time it just keep saying please wait

Answers

• The Little Ohmer TwinsThe Little Ohmer Twins Union CityPosts: 1,014Moderator
    Hmm...I don't recall another user having a similar issue. Did you already try using the chat or email feature to contact OC support directly for assistance?
  • CXC214CXC214 Posts: 1Member

Having this problem too.

• The Little Ohmer TwinsThe Little Ohmer Twins Union CityPosts: 1,014Moderator
    I'm not sure if this is related, but I have the Wiser SmartPlugs that OC use to sell in their store. One still works, but the 2nd one got disconnected from OC somehow and I can't reconnect it. But there doesn't appear to be any issues with the 3rd SmartPlug I have, which is a TP-Link. I still need to verify if I can control the 2nd Wiser SmartPlug using the Wiser App to ensure it's only not connecting with OC.

Anyone else have issues with connecting a 2nd SmartPlug to OC that's the same model and/or manufacturer as the 1st?

Maybe there's a bug with OC's system that allows you to connect only 1 plug for each model / manufacturer, which doesn't allow you to connect a 2nd to OC.

@Steve Reed @UkiwiS @snetphilie @WaterGuy @dstjohn99 I believe you all have SmartPlugs. Encounter any issues (re)connecting a 2nd SmartPlug that is the same model / manufacturer as the 1st?
  • UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,607Member, Moderator

I don't have that exact issue but I have seen something that may or may not be related. I have 4 TP-Link smart plugs and occasionally 1 of them gets "disconnected" It's always the same one and I simply just reconnect it again and it'll be good for 2 or more days before it happens again.

• WaterGuyWaterGuy Posts: 414Member, Moderator
    I have two TP-LINK plugs--two different models--and haven't encountered this issue yet. As I've discussed with @snetphilie, the only tech issue I've seen is that I've lost the ability to control the plugs remotely after connecting them to OC. It now seems I control the phones via the Kasa app by connecting to the plugs' WiFi networks, rather than through my home network.
  • snetphiliesnetphilie ConcordPosts: 139Member, Moderator

I've only had the issue that @WaterGuy mentioned and an occasional disconnect. I have 6 TP-Link smart plugs, 2 different models, and I can always reconnect them. With the Kasa app, when you connect or reconnect, it connects all plugs in your account. I would try removing the plug from the Kasa account and adding it back before reconnecting here. Also check (through Kasa) that the firmware is upgraded on all of your devices. It might be that there is a firmware mismatch between the devices and due to someone not writing smart code that checks for issues like that, it could be freezing up somewhere along the way.

• Steve ReedSteve Reed Posts: 111Member

@That Son Of A Bitz said:
    @Steve Reed @UkiwiS @snetphilie @WaterGuy @dstjohn99 I believe you all have SmartPlugs. Encounter any issues (re)connecting a 2nd SmartPlug that is the same model / manufacturer as the 1st?

Sorry, my set up a bit differently from most people. I have all my Insteon switches and outlets controlled via a Universal Devices ISY994i, which monitors the Ohmhour status url.

• kelseysc33kelseysc33 Posts: 1Member
    My account only lets me add two smart plugs. Is this the same for anyone else? I have 4 of them and they don't even register a 3rd it will let me login to TPLINK and click authorize and then nothing. Takes. Me. Back to the main page and I see a plus sign still to add a new device but I already went through the process and it still only shows two smart plugs.
  • UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,607Member, Moderator

@kelseysc33 said:
    My account only lets me add two smart plugs. Is this the same for anyone else? I have 4 of them and they don't even register a 3rd it will let me login to TPLINK and click authorize and then nothing. Takes. Me. Back to the main page and I see a plus sign still to add a new device but I already went through the process and it still only shows two smart plugs.

I have 8 of them, Add them all into your Kasa account then logon to OhmConnect on the web, click on the devices tab. It should refresh and show all of them.