Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Bronze #OhmHours have now been released! Anyone who has a status of Bronze must TELL US HOW YOU'RE SAVING in order for a chance to win prizes. You won't earn or lose points, but you've got to respond to your alerts! Read more in the post.

How do I update my address?

Kate from OhmConnectKate from OhmConnect Posts: 906Administrator
This discussion was created from comments split from: How do I change my profile picture??.

Best Answers

Answers

• JEANETTE ROACHJEANETTE ROACH Posts: 2Member
    How do I change to my new address?
  • tbkrecyclestbkrecycles Posts: 1Member

Can we update address yet?

• Kate from OhmConnectKate from OhmConnect Posts: 906Administrator
    edited August 2016

@tbkrecycles Only SCE users are able to update at this time. I will update this post when it's available for other users! Edit: We are tracking this on issue OL-4292 for reference purposes.

• John KJohn K Lake Forest - Hikers and Bikers TeamPosts: 235Member

@Kate from OhmConnect, reading a sense of urgency in the post of @tbkrecycles, is it possible for those affected to participate in OHs in the meantime, or, are they out of luck until this is fixed? IOW, if they participate now but awards can't be calculated because OC is unable to get data, will those events eventually be calculated once the fix is put in place.

Good question. If we receive the data for those events, I believe we will be able to calculate.

• Nica VNica V Posts: 1Member

I have SCE and just moved. How can I update my address so that I am still earning my points?

@NicaV123 From the Settings page, disconnect and reconnect your account. It should pick up the correct address.

• Todd AchillesTodd Achilles Posts: 1Member
    edited September 2016

Hi Kate! I moved homes recently. My PG&E account number is the same but the service ID has changed. And what about resetting the benchmark values? How does that happen in a new place?

Edit: Merged here from separate thread.

We will be rolling out functionality to handle service address moves shortly!

• terzeckiterzecki Posts: 1Member

Any update to changing addresses?

• That Son Of A BitzThat Son Of A Bitz Union CityPosts: 557Moderator
    @Kate from OhmConnect Any updates? Hopefully "shortly" doesn't mean months or years from now
    Glad to see the numerous questions were answered and information was updated.
  • cgreencgreen Posts: 0Member

I still have an account with PG&E but do I need to reset my Ohmconnect account somehow?

• kirst731kirst731 Posts: 3Member

@That Son Of A Bitz said:
    Yes. Contact OC support directly. You'll need to sign another form in order to grant PG&E permission to share your data with OC.

I noticed that when I moved, my status dropped to bronze. Am I able to earn the initial points while leveling up now? I originally signed up when there was a $20 bonus.

Hi @kirst731 - hope this post helps. It has the most current information about how to update your address!

When you move, yes, you will drop to Bronze. You must fill out a new CISR/permission form and have that approved by your utility. It's kind of like starting from scratch. You will then go through review again!

@kirst731 And assuming your utility approves, you'll be back to Silver! Yeah! Feel free to post about how this Experience is for you because I'm sure there are other users that are or will be in the same boat.

@Kate from OhmConnect said:
    Hi @kirst731 - hope this post helps. It has the most current information about how to update your address!

When you move, yes, you will drop to Bronze. You must fill out a new CISR/permission form and have that approved by your utility. It's kind of like starting from scratch. You will then go through review again!

Thank you! I did get back to silver, however I didn't get the bonus points for leveling up. Is this because I've already been up to platinum? Will I be able to collect the 2000 points for leveling up to gold?

@kirst731 did you not get the bonus points for leveling up to gold & platinum ($70 in total) before moving? My understanding is that even if you move to another home and drop down to bronze and then back up to gold & platinum, you will not get the level up points again because leveling up incentive is based on your OC account, which you bring with you everywhere you go, so you only get them once and the incentive payout doesn't start over every time you move. Make sense?

That's my perspective / understanding, so I'll defer to @Kate from OhmConnect to clarify.
    > @That Son Of A Bitz said:
    > @kirst731 did you not get the bonus points for leveling up to gold & platinum ($70 in total) before moving? My understanding is that even if you move to another home and drop down to bronze and then back up to gold & platinum, you will not get the level up points again because leveling up incentive is based on your OC account, which you bring with you everywhere you go, so you only get them once and the incentive payout doesn't start over every time you move. Make sense?
    >
    > That's my perspective / understanding, so I'll defer to @Kate from OhmConnect to clarify.

I didn't, but that's because I joined when it was still a flat $20 sign up bonus. I wasn't sure if it started over everytime I moved, so that was the answer I needed. Thanks!

@kirst731 - indeed, we only issue the points once :)

• edited February 16
    How do it change/update my settings? My house is bigger than before

@vivian.delgado82@yahoo.com you can't change your forecast, only your address. The baseline is a calculation determined by CAISO (the market regulator). You can read how it's calculated here. So, if your home changes, it will update over time. I may recommend opting out until your baseline is something you believe you can achieve.