Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

TP-Link smart plug

My new smart plug did not shut off during the most recent Ohm hour. I can shut it off manually via the app

Comments

• Kate from OhmConnectKate from OhmConnect Posts: 1,049Administrator

Hey Kim. How recently did you connect it to OhmConnect relative to the #OhmHour?

• SrelazSrelaz FullertonPosts: 115Member
    edited April 2017
    > @Kim P Guyer said:
    > My new smart plug did not shut off during the most recent Ohm hour. I can shut it off manually via the app

In the settings make sure you have the "Remote Control" set to on. I had one Ohmhour on 3/25 and none of my smart plugs powered off. I came back inside after leaving and my coffee pot and microwave oven weren't blinking on the clock function. Sounds like there was some sort of fail.
  • dserfozodserfozo Posts: 10Member

> @Kim P Guyer said:
    > In the settings make sure you have the "Remote Control" set to on.

Where do I access this setting?

• WaterGuyWaterGuy Posts: 414Member, Moderator

@dserfozo, I believe it's in the Kasa app.

• Kirk NasonKirk Nason Posts: 16Member

@dserfozo said:

> @Kim P Guyer said:
    > In the settings make sure you have the "Remote Control" set to on.

Where do I access this setting?

You need to set "Remote Control" to ON for each smart plug. Click on the plug in the KASA app then in the upper right you can get to setting of that device. Toggle Remote control to ON.

You can then test it in the ohmconnect app.

• kcarey2008kcarey2008 Posts: 1Member

I see nothing that says remote control.

• John KJohn K Lake Forest - Hikers and Bikers TeamPosts: 585Member

@kcarey2008 said:
    I see nothing that says remote control.

It looks as if the latest version of Kasa has removed the toggle to turn off remote operation. I assume that remote operation is turned on permanently.

• brightbqbrightbq Posts: 1Member
    I had a freezer full of food go BAD as my TP-Link didn’t go back ON! Had 3 smart plugs connected to a new Fridge, an old fridge & a freezer in the garage. We were on vacay from June1-9, with OHM hrs Mon June10th , Tues the 11th. On the 11th noticed not on when removing plug from tp-link
    & then plugging in freezer started working! Can we be reimbursed for all the food thrown out?!