Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

should I expect a bonus for connecting my smart plugs?

According to the Connect store, "If you have a status level of Gold or Platinum when you connect this device, you’ll earn 500 points. If this is the first device you’ve connected to OhmConnect, you’ll earn an additional 1000 points (regardless of status level).", I should get a bonus for adding my 3 smart plugs. At the time, of connection, I had platinum status. Shouldn't I get points for this? Maybe I am misreading?

Answers

• The Little Ohmer TwinsThe Little Ohmer Twins Union CityPosts: 1,014Moderator
    I believe this is for your very 1st device you connect, not every device. If you don't have Gold or Platinum, you'll only get 500 points, but if you do, you'll get 1,500 points.
  • Kate from OhmConnectKate from OhmConnect Posts: 1,049Administrator

So glad you got some smart plugs, @[email protected]! We issue a one-time bonus of 1000 points for users Silver+ when they connect their first device.

• dserfozodserfozo Posts: 10Member

Was the one-time bonus for first devices reduced? When I connected my two TPLink smart plugs yesterday, I received the 2999 rebate points. After my first ohmhour where the plugs were used, I received an additional 500 points. Is this the new (reduced) first device bonus?

• The Little Ohmer TwinsThe Little Ohmer Twins Union CityPosts: 1,014Moderator
    Connection bonus does not apply to products purchased using the 50/50 discount/rebate offer. But you do get a connection bonus for the 1st device you connect of its type: SmartPlug, Smart Thermostat and Electric Vehicle. Assuming you haven't already connected a Smart Thermostat or EV yet, you will get the connection bonus when you do, but not for the Smart Plugs since you purchased them using the offer.