Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Audi etron

I charge my EV hybrid at super low peak rate. Sce keeps on saying I use more energy than my neighbors, how come you don't consider my Audi as one smart device ?

Comments

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,577Member, Moderator
    edited June 2017

@Vivian Cramer said:
    I charge my EV hybrid at super low peak rate. Sce keeps on saying I use more energy than my neighbors, how come you don't consider my Audi as one smart device ?

My guess is that OC don't have the "smarts" (an API) to be able to remotely turn on/off the charger or connect to the car. I have a Kia Soul EV but use a Levitron charger. I can turn it on of off remotely by connecting to the car but is it worth OC putting in the effort to figuring that out for me, and the other 3 or 4 of us that have Kia Souls??? Probably not. What you can do though, which is far more lucrative, is shift your charging to the evening hours when #OhmHours are likely to occur. This will inflate your forecast and you'll kill it when there is an #OhmHour...just don't forget to turn it off or it'll be expensive for you. You'll potentially lose your streak bonus.