Glitch? Points calculated wrong?

2»

Answers

• Richard strangeRichard strange SoCalMember Posts: 71
    You could do a bit of a gorilla V2G setup I guess. I was considering this for a while to find a suitable grid interactive inverter that I could hook up to my Nissan Leafs 12V battery since that gets charged by the main battery, and I've used it before to power my refrigerator all day with a Harbor Freight 120V inverter. The trick is I guess to find a 240V split phase inverter that takes a 12V input that is grid interactive.

Enphase micro inverters should work (my PV system alteady uses them), but you would also need a DC to DC converter to step up the 12V to at least 24V I think.
  • UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoMember, Moderator Posts: 1,625

@Sarah Strange said:
    You could do a bit of a gorilla V2G setup I guess. I was considering this for a while to find a suitable grid interactive inverter that I could hook up to my Nissan Leafs 12V battery since that gets charged by the main battery, and I've used it before to power my refrigerator all day with a Harbor Freight 120V inverter. The trick is I guess to find a 240V split phase inverter that takes a 12V input that is grid interactive.

Enphase micro inverters should work (my PV system alteady uses them), but you would also need a DC to DC converter to step up the 12V to at least 24V I think.

I'd also recommend checking your insurance policy. In case of a mishap it would be good to know you're covered. :smile:

• nancejeanancejea Member Posts: 3

@WaterGuy said:
    Hi @[email protected]. I know that [email protected] is a valid email address--it may not be the correct one, but whoever answers should be able to point you to the correct place.

Thank you! I will send an email and see what happens. I really want to get my personal record streak back to 23 like it should be and earn the points!

• Philip ChildsPhilip Childs Member Posts: 28
    It wouldn't be hard to connect an EV's battery to a solar inverter. V2G is not magic, just of the shelf parts.
  • UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoMember, Moderator Posts: 1,625
    > @Philip Childs said:
    > It wouldn't be hard to connect an EV's battery to a solar inverter. V2G is not magic, just of the shelf parts.

Perhaps but there are considerations such as the additional wear/tear on the battery.
  • Philip ChildsPhilip Childs Member Posts: 28
    A one hour OhmHour, would be the wear and tear of driving 10 miles, without the drivetrain wear and tear.