Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

changing thermostat......"a little scared"

Hi Im a single female ad I just received my thermostat I'm a little afraid to install because I've never done anything like this before! i need some encouragement help.m...will this be easy or difficult? someone please advise, thanks

Best Answers

• The Little Ohmer TwinsThe Little Ohmer Twins Union CityPosts: 1,014Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Nowadays...it seems like thermostat companies are trying to make it as easy as possible to install their T-stats. I've swapped out a couple and it's simply a matter of labeling the wires (it seems like a lot of companies provide the labels) with letters they're connected to in the old T-stat with the same letters on the new one. The hardest part (which really isn't) will be to put anchors in the wall to screw your T-stat into if the holes of the old T-stat don't line up with the new one.

And I think you'll discover from watching a YouTube video as @UkiwiS suggested that it's pretty easy to install it. Good luck!

Answers

• alanequialanequi Posts: 2Member
    Thanks so much I did watch the you tube videos I feel a little better about it now!!!!