Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Flex alerts and OhmConnect

UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 687Member, Moderator
CAISO issued a Flex alert for this AM for today and I think tomorrow as well. I would have thought I'd see OhmHour alerts for today but see nothing. Any ideas why there's nothing?
Tagged:

Comments

• snetphiliesnetphilie ConcordPosts: 133Member, Moderator

My neighborhood just had an involuntary OhmHour... over 6000 PG&E customers in my location were down for almost exactly an hour. We saved 100% and had 100% participation but unfortunately, none of us got points, lol! Maybe once demand gets too excessive, they figure it won't work. They would have to have an OhmHour from 5-10PM and they figure that would just be torture so why do it at all.

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 687Member, Moderator

@snetphilie said:
    My neighborhood just had an involuntary OhmHour... over 6000 PG&E customers in my location were down for almost exactly an hour. We saved 100% and had 100% participation but unfortunately, none of us got points, lol! Maybe once demand gets too excessive, they figure it won't work. They would have to have an OhmHour from 5-10PM and they figure that would just be torture so why do it at all.

I was just notified of a 2 hour OhmHour tomorrow so I guess I just spoke too soon!

• Vicki 1Vicki 1 Posts: 71Member

We had an OH yesterday from 5-6 PM that we were notified of on Sunday. I am surprised there is not another one for today.

• Steve ESteve E Posts: 211Member, Moderator

We have one today for two hours from 6PM - 8PM

• SD ChipSD Chip Posts: 62Member

...and I just received an email that we can expect TRIPLE POINTS for this OH, due to the strain on the grid.

• StevoStevo Posts: 25Member
    With triple points and a 2 hour event, I will probably hit the $20 cap for the first time!
  • tamimarieb@gmail.comtamimarieb@gmail.com Posts: 4Member
    I have a 5-8 hour happening now. I'm worried about it though since I have to set my ac to 85 because it's 108 today and I don't want to torture my pets.
    > @Stevo said:
    > With triple points and a 2 hour event, I will probably hit the $20 cap for the first time!

It's actually not a cap and if you contact OC afterwards they'll recalculate it and credit you the extra.
  • cyberrbluecyberrblue Humboldt County, CaliforniaPosts: 6Member

I've got a 3 hour event tonight, from 5 to 8pm...it'll be a little tough, with 1 hour I can at least arrange baths and such around it but I can't avoid this one, not when I get home from work at 5:30 and bedtime is 8. Oh well, I hope we get lots of points for it.

Well I checked my SCE account this morning and the data is showing for yesterday. For the 2 hour #OhmHour yesterday we still had to have some devices powered up that we wouldn't normally due to the heat and my 93 year old mother in law‚ however we still came in well under the projected usage with a power reduction of just over 50%. I'll be interested to see what the points total is for this as we are now at 200% bonus (streak of 40) and Platinum (4 x multiplier) and the supposed triple points award

@Steve E If the average $1.88 per kWh applies, you should earn $33.84 per kWh. That is not an error.

$1.88 X 3 X (4 + 200/100)
  • SrelazSrelaz FullertonPosts: 62Member
    edited June 22

I'm looking forward to seeing how many points I get for the 2 hour event yesterday. 1.84 kWh was my forecast. 0.00 was my actual usage. I just flipped off every breaker in my house like the email suggested. Plus I'm platinum and have a 235% bonus with 47 Oh's in a row.

• WaterGuyWaterGuy Posts: 403Member, Moderator

@Srelaz, nice! Please keep us posted!

@Srelaz said:
    I'm looking forward to seeing how many points I get for the 2 hour event yesterday. 1.84 kWh was my forecast. 0.00 was my actual usage. I just flipped off every breaker in my house like the email suggested. Plus I'm platinum and have a 235% bonus with 47 Oh's in a row.

The lowest payout I've seen this year is $1.22 per kW, the highest is $2.63. Assuming your forecast is accurate and by that I mean it was calculated using the date up to and including 6/20, I estimate that you'll earn somewhere between 4291 and 9229 points, with a likely value around 6612 points.:) Time will tell!

• SaveTheWorldSaveTheWorld Posts: 33Member, Moderator

Checked my SCE and the data for yesterday shows as "data delayed". So will have to wait another day I guess. But I had a very low target. Still waiting to see how much I get with the triple points, platinum level and 225% bonus (45 in a row).

• BayMavsBayMavs Posts: 12Member

@Srelaz said:

Good stuff. Please update the outcome

edited June 22

@SaveTheWorld - My SCE data tends to update around 8AM daily. I often see messages about data delays‚ but I always go and look at actual daily data breakdown to see what's there.

These are from my account just now

@Steve E Yes i did check the breakdown and there it shows a wifi symbol and hovering over it shows "Data Delayed".

Results just came in for yesterday - 4332 points!

edited June 23

@Steve E What's the base $ per kWh? $1.33?

• SrelazSrelaz FullertonPosts: 62Member
    > @BayMavs said:
    > @Srelaz said:
    > I'm looking forward to seeing how many points I get for the 2 hour event yesterday. 1.84 kWh was my forecast. 0.00 was my actual usage. I just flipped off every breaker in my house like the email suggested. Plus I'm platinum and have a 235% bonus with 47 Oh's in a row.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Good stuff. Please update the outcome

$46.80. That was worth shutting down for 2 hours.
    edited June 23

@Srelaz Nice job and corresponds to similar base rate $1.335 as @Steve E

edited June 23

Again wrong data. Even though my SCE data is still pending the data is OH shows i used almost equal to my target and i earned 25 cents. :-( I am sure it will be updated once SCE data is available. :-)

I have the same issue for my May 22 reading as well. OH gave 0 points but my usage as per SCE was just .02kWh. I have already informed OH support. OH support did inform that lot of users have this issue and it is being rectified.

@SaveTheWorld What a mess! I never thought I'd say I'm glad to be with SDG&E but I just did. If they have missing data they give you nothing and OC doesn't give points that need to be remedied later. The downside is we typically wait 24+ hours for the points to post but when they do they are based on accurate usage data. (Knock on wood)

• Chris HolmanChris Holman Posts: 5Member

For me, SCE is showing "delayed usage data" from noon onward yesterday, but it looks like they reported my numbers to OhmConnect anyway, and they were definitely wrong. Instead of a 2+kWh reduction I got a pitiful 0.13kWh reduction.

SCE's site:

Rainforest Eagle's data captured from meter directly (red columns calculated):

#OhmHour reward:

• Matt DMatt D Posts: 30Administrator

Hi all - this is Matt from OhmConnect. Wanted to talk a little bit about issues we are having with SCE data. We have several thousand users in SCE that are not receiving data at all from SCE, and we asked them to be sure that they are sending all of the data to us in a timely fashion. Since we had those discussions, it appears that SCE is now sending us data before validation. Note we cannot confirm for certain because the data is not tagged in any different way, but they are having a much higher prevalence of "data corrections". We are looking into this issue and will resolve this by next week. We expect that SCE users will generally have to have a set of "pending" results for the first week given then change in data feeds from SCE.

• Michael CooperMichael Cooper Huntington BeachPosts: 20Member

@Matt D said:
    Hi all - this is Matt from OhmConnect. Wanted to talk a little bit about issues we are having with SCE data. We have several thousand users in SCE that are not receiving data at all from SCE, and we asked them to be sure that they are sending all of the data to us in a timely fashion. Since we had those discussions, it appears that SCE is now sending us data before validation. Note we cannot confirm for certain because the data is not tagged in any different way, but they are having a much higher prevalence of "data corrections". We are looking into this issue and will resolve this by next week. We expect that SCE users will generally have to have a set of "pending" results for the first week given then change in data feeds from SCE.

Hello @Matt D - is it safe to assume that the interval data being sent from SCE to OC, for those dates seen by the end user as "delayed", are not actual usage stats but instead estimates based on past averages for each interval? Seeing how this not only distorts the reduction figures during events but (in my case) wipes out longstanding OH streaks, they'd probably be better off keeping everything as "TBD" until they have real stats available. They're now 7 days delayed on usage stats for my account, but obviously they're coming up with figures from somewhere. I should be reading a flat "0.000 kWh" usage during the past four events, but the data they've been sending definitely indicates otherwise.

• JenvelJenvel Posts: 9Member

I'm confused on this $20 cap that applies to some hours but not others. I just had a 3 hour event a couple days ago. I'm platinum at 4x and am only at 30% for that specific event and received $60 for the event. Don't get me wrong...I'm ecstatic for that amount...even though the last hour of the event was brutal and probably worth $60 alone! This was only my second time ever reaching a cap of $20 for an event...so I'm beyond grateful. I just want to better understand when that cap applies and how is it that other users get beyond the cap on same day events?

edited June 23

@jenvel@hotmail.com You can see exactly how many points you actually earned by looking at the CSV file and totally the 3 columns "Base Points", Streak Bonus" and "Status Level". It will total to > 6000. When they fix it for you, you'll see another entry called "Rewards from Administrative Actions". Do what @WaterGuy says and contact support to get it corrected. help@ohmconnect.com

Here's an example:

This discussion has been closed.