Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Not getting any email notifications of new discussions or comments in forum?

The Little Ohmer TwinsThe Little Ohmer Twins Union CityPosts: 1,012Moderator
I check the forums regularly, but that's because I'm a moderator. But I'm guessing very few users do the same because it's time consuming, so they rather rely on email alerts (or pop-up alerts, which I still get) to let them know when new discussions have been started and/or new comments have been posted.

Anyone else experiencing the same issue?

Comments

• @AKPsi Vince Sorry this post was never answered. I am new with OhmConnect and I am now going over the forum to make sure users get the answers that they need. Are you still experiencing this issue? I know a lot has changed; is there anything else you feel like still needs to be improved with the notifications?

• NlindsayNlindsay San Diego Posts: 78Member

@anguye42 I don't recieve email notifications for anything related to the forum. I've tried changing settings to no avail. I'm left to just check in randomly. I know @No Pain No Gain has this issue as well.

• No Pain No GainNo Pain No Gain 93035Posts: 404Member

@anguye42 Mods have tried figuring out why I don't get notifications.
    On this thread
    https://forum.ohmconnect.com/discussion/comment/9499#Comment_9499
    I posted screenshots. A mod said at first I was in the wrong area, but later agreed with another mod that all my settings were correct, I was just getting "special treatment" haha. I don't get notifications for the forums or for Buddy posts. Only #OhmHour notifications. I just come back and check to see what's new, like my friend @Nlindsay

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,558Member, Moderator

@anguye42 A fair amount of time was spent trying to figure this one out and in the end we abandoned it. If you can resolve it you will graduate from from level 2 to level 3 and I will gift you 2000 points.

• NlindsayNlindsay San Diego Posts: 78Member

@UkiwiS said:
    A fair amount of time was spent trying to figure this one out and in the end we abandoned it.

I was pretty sure it was a lost cause but since @anguye42 asked...

• Haha! Thanks for all your response guys; I didn't know this was an issue because I look through the forum anyway without notification. I'll dig into this more and discuss it with Claudia. I'll keep you guys posted!

• Hey all! So I spoke with Claudia about the notifications and unfortunately, there isn't much we can do about the notifications because this forum was created on another site that isn't our own. I can ask our provider how their forum options work but I do receive a notification to my personal inbox (not my work email) whenever I receive a user responds to me. It should look like this:

• jserramcjserramc Posts: 284Member

I don't get anything in my email. I don't know if I would want to get hundreds of notices a day. But when I changed my preferences on advice here and have to search the forum site to see if there is anything, it does kind of negate things.

• No Pain No GainNo Pain No Gain 93035Posts: 404Member

@anguye42 I have never seen a notification like that. I have to check my profile here once in a while to see if anyone has left me a message. I know that Mods seem to get the notifications, so maybe it has to do with the permissions and access that Mods have, which we, as regular members, don't get.

• mz-mdelarosamz-mdelarosa Posts: 5Member
    Missing my payment from cash out!!!! Please HELP!!!!!!!
  • UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,558Member, Moderator

@mz-mdelarosa said:
    Missing my payment from cash out!!!! Please HELP!!!!!!!

If you only just did it and it's "missing", wait a day. There may be a manual process that they've put in place to ensure there's no monkey business going on. I believe they do that for "large" payments but I don't know exactly what the threshold is.

• John KJohn K Lake Forest - Hikers and Bikers TeamPosts: 585Member

@UkiwiS said:

If you only just did it and it's "missing", wait a day. There may be a manual process that they've put in place to ensure there's no monkey business going on. I believe they do that for "large" payments but I don't know exactly what the threshold is.

Unless they've changed things, I believe the trigger point is $200.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 2018

@john k @UkiwiS thanks for answering that user. she already had given us 7 conversation inquiries on our chat and we have already assisted her in this matter many times.

@mz-mdelarosa i hope you had the time to read your messages.