Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Can't "connect" mobile phone although receiving #Ohmhour texts/emails

Dave1501Dave1501 Escondido, CAPosts: 3Member

I joined last month, participated in about 10 #Ohmhours and have not been receiving any tokens for a phone connection. When I try to connect my mobile phone there is a message "Please subscribe to the Onboarding Help SMS option on the settings page." The first time I got this message, all of the subscription toggle switches were turned off which seemed odd. I tried turning them all on, and none of the SMS related switches would stay on (the others did though). When I left settings and returned the SMS switches were off again. I tried connecting other phones (wife, kids) and I get the same message. Also tried entering the phone numbers with and without parenthesis, dashes, etc. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Best Answers

Answers

• The Bitz BoysThe Bitz Boys Union CityPosts: 1,014Moderator
    edited June 2017
    @[email protected], is your carrier T-Mobile by chance?
  • Dave1501Dave1501 Escondido, CAPosts: 3Member

No--Verizon. And as of yesterday, I no longer receive alerts via text.

• Dave1501Dave1501 Escondido, CAPosts: 3Member

When I go to the settings page I noticed something flashing on the screen for a split second. I recorded this using slo-mo. I paused my video when the red banner appeared. The banner at the top of the settings page says "There's an issue with your Please click here to resolve". Then under that it had edit settings active for display name, password, and profile picture. Creepy part is there is a picture of some dude (not me) in the profile picture. This all disappears after a moment but must be a part of the problem.