Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Had power off and my results incorrectly showed more use than ever and should have been zero 0.

I had the power off at the main power source twice now. Both ohm hours gave back incorrect results showing I used more than forecasted, when actually it should have been 0 reading both times. This has now a problem and nobody has contacted me with any solutions

Comments

• Big BBig B Posts: 3Member
    Got off the phone with my electric company SCE and they told me they have a delay on the info usage so ohm connect has yet to receive the usage data info , yet they show that I went over my forecasted usage on the 30th amd now on the 4th. If they have not received the ingo yet why have they halted and started over my streak and why would they have results yet if tbey dont have the data yet?
  • judy-2judy-2 Posts: 1Member
    I just had similar issue...had all lights..electronics etc.off..Only thing being used was refrigerator...and my usage was shown to be higher than my allowance and I lost points..makes no sense..
  • kelliannkelliann Posts: 1Member

I've been having the same issue for months. Every Ohm hour, my results say I went over. When I check my usage with SCE it says the data is delayed. Then a few weeks later Ohm updates and changes my points and gives me my streak back. Except recently, it has been a month and SCE says data is unavailable for the past month, yet Ohm has results? For the MEGA hour my forecast was .626, and it says my usage was .626... 100% impossible. I feel like they are just making up numbers. or taking data from historical files. I would rather a TBD on my dashboard, than lies.

• No Pain No GainNo Pain No Gain 93035Posts: 404Member

@judy-2 The refrigerator is the first thing you should turn off. It uses a lot of energy. I have TP-link smart plugs on my fridges, so when there's an OhmHour, I know for sure I will beat my forecast... even if there are electronics and lights on. OhmConnect turns smart plugs off remotely, so I don't have to worry if I'm not home for an OhmHour. My streak is up to 74, thanks to smart plugs on my refrigerators.

@kelliann They've been having a problem with the 5/17 Mega you're talking about. Everything showing for that day is wrong and they aren't purposely putting those numbers there to deceive you. It's just messed up and eventually it will be fixed and the correct numbers will show. I'm ignoring mine for now and focusing on the current OhmHours. You can also look on SCE at your Green Button data. I did that and got the "missing" data. It will all get caught up. This happens every 3-4 months, but it always gets fixed.

• @Big B said:
    Got off the phone with my electric company SCE and they told me they have a delay on the info usage so ohm connect has yet to receive the usage data info , yet they show that I went over my forecasted usage on the 30th amd now on the 4th. If they have not received the ingo yet why have they halted and started over my streak and why would they have results yet if tbey dont have the data yet?

Hey there. This a known issue that we were experiencing where SCE didn't send us any information that day and worked closely with SCE to get that fixed. It was updated over the weekend. Have you seen the updates yet?

• CallKathyCallKathy Posts: 8Member

@anguye42 : I not only don't have an update for the 17th's OhmHour, I don't have any updates since then either. See screenshot at https://www.screencast.com/t/5uvNEPsUudQK

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2018

@CallKathy I'll look into that for you! Can you please message us at https://login.ohmconnect.com/help and click "Contact Support." You can ask for me, my name is Anh.

edited June 2018

Sure. Will send it soon. But you should already see me in the support queue. I have been trying to get someone to look at this since the 20th.
    Update: Sent the comment in again. See screenshot at: https://www.screencast.com/t/Pg7svC4A

• lbcar1lbcar1 Posts: 1Member

On 5/17 8-9pm ohm hour my forecast was .588 kWH and I used .26 kWh.
    On 5/29 8-9pm ohm hour my forecast was .556 kWH and it says I used .619 kWH - while turning off and using identical electric sources as 5/17. We lost our streak...and I don't get it!

• @lbcar1 please contact support so we can review your profile and inquiry.

• CKWMCKWM Fremont, CAPosts: 232Member

@lbcar1, were you able to confirm the accurate energy usage from your electricity provider? If not, then that should be your first step.

I have PG&E and here's how I double check my numbers in about 3 steps.  

For example, here's my OhmHour result for Tues, 5/29:

1. I log into my PG&E account and click on the Energy Usage Detail box, like this one:

2. I click on the "Year view" and change it to "Day view." Then, navigate to the specific OhmHour day in question.

3. Finally, I hover my mouse over the specific hour which the OhmHour reported my result and can see what PG&E reported to OhmConnect.

If the numbers reported by your electric company doesn't match up with what's reported for your OhmHour, then you have confirmation and an ability to screenshot your proof to send to OhmConnect Support here:

@anguye42 I noticed this morning that the open issues article says that everyone should be updated for the 5/17 OhmHour data. I don't see any updates on my account yet. Can you have someone over in engineering check to see what is going on? Thanks!

• @CallKathy I just messaged you. Please check your OhmConnect dashboard.

• logansama1logansama1 Posts: 11Member

This happened to me too. I just checked the results of my recent Mega Ohm Hour. We shut off at the breakers but still exceeded our goal. I really don't get this.

@logansama1 The best way to report a problem is by sending a detailed email to [email protected] The forums are hit and miss if you don't tag an employee like @anguye42 , who seems to be fielding the issues reported in the forums these days.

• @logansama1 my colleague had just responded to your inquiry

• Pio KasianoPio Kasiano Posts: 1Member
    @anguye42 I believe my dashboard data is wrong for this weeks mega hour. All electrical usage was turned off and unplugged except the fridge. It should have been .05 bc during ohm hour that’s how little we use. Please let me know
    Thank you
  • John KJohn K Lake Forest - Hikers and Bikers TeamPosts: 585Member

@Pio Kasiano, did you follow the directions given above by @CKWM? If so, what did your utility show?

• logansama1logansama1 Posts: 11Member

@No Pain No Gain said:
    @logansama1 The best way to report a problem is by sending a detailed email to [email protected] The forums are hit and miss if you don't tag an employee like @anguye42 , who seems to be fielding the issues reported in the forums these days.

I think my main confusion is why the house still shows energy use when the breakers are off. I checked the PGE site and it showed my usage for that hour as being .03, yet no power was consumed. And if that's the norm, why would Ohm set a goal that's unattainable? Mostly I"m just pissy about missing out on the drawing. LOL!

We did get a second Mega Ohm Hour, on Friday, but it looks like the results of that aren't going to be counted till after Sunday's drawing, so that one's a bust too. Well, except for getting points and saving the utility bill. ;) And just note...it was 108 degrees here when we shut off the breakers!!!

• @Pio Kasiano @logansama1 Please contact support for this matter. It is not something I would be able to explain or fix through the forum. Thanks!

• We had a big snow storm and the power was completely off, yes Ohm said I used 1.217kWh. I asked the "support team" that's supposed to respond in a day. That was 4 days ago. I may cash out and dump this thing. About sick of poor customer service and dishonest businesses.

• John KJohn K Lake Forest - Hikers and Bikers TeamPosts: 585Member

@scriptureonthefami said:
    We had a big snow storm and the power was completely off, yes Ohm said I used 1.217kWh.

As asked of Pio above, with no response, "what what did/[does] your utility show?"

• cwiedcwied San MateoPosts: 131Member

One thing to be aware of is that the utilities on occasion just report an estimated number if they have meter reading troubles. Usually they eventually get actual numbers, at which point OhmConnect will fix the points for that OhmHour. Given the power outage, I suspect this is the likely cause of your discrepancy.

• bellemyrtillebellemyrtille Posts: 1Member

I'm glad I'm not the only one. Checked my account with PGE which corroborates the numbers OhmConnect has for my hour, which had everything except one light in a bedroom and my refrigerator and hot water heater on. Yet, my energy usage was about 3-4 times other days with the same situation. I'm assuming PGE mis-reported (and it took 6 days to even get this usage reported when in the past it has never taken more than 2). Do they fix this later? I contacted OhmConnect support and they just suggested I check usage with PGE, which does not help me at all. So frustrated that I tried, but even if I had turned off the main, I assume PGE would have reported falsely.

• jserramcjserramc Posts: 285Member

I've notice in last several days that "PGE data status" graph is all green one day, all red the next day, all green third day, etc. How can the status be up to date (with about 2 weeks of data collected) today then tomorrow it is not? Wouldn't the 13 days that were green still be green and only one red day be red? Not sure how other utilities are displayed here. On another note, I did have a "bummer" notice once a few years ago, I gathered my info from PGE and sent it to OC and got my account rectified. Not sure that it does get automaticlly done otherwise but if you are staying on top of it, at least you are doing your part.

• Brad MooreBrad Moore Posts: 11Member

Ohm Connect is scam, don't you see?

@Brad Moore - how long have you been with OhmConnect?

I don't think I get any special privileges, but when I've sent OhmConnect Support my utility data, OhmConnect has always been able to take corrective measures and I was awarded my fair share. It may not be done as quickly as I'd like sometimes, but it does eventually get done. I think that for a service that I'm not paying for (& they're paying me), I feel like I can be patient... really patient. I can't have the same expectations of OhmConnect as a service I do pay for. It may help to see OhmConnect as really passive pocket change that occurs every once in a while in winter and up to a couple times a week in the Summer.
    edited June 2
    Returning to the original point made in the title of this post, it's not OhmConnect's fault if they show the exact same energy usage reported by your utility company.

It makes a lot of sense that if my utility sent an estimate, then I would need to monitor this and get correct information to OhmConnect's attention when it's available. If OhmConnect reported something different that what my utility shows me, then I would want to show OhmConnect what I see to seek a correction.

But, for those of us who shutdown breakers and are still experiencing energy usage, this should be a wake-up call. I'm pretty sure all parties (OhmConnect, your utility company, the world that cares we each do our part to save energy) would want us to Sherlock Holmes my energy usage to find out what's going on to help be aware and reduce your energy usage.

I'll let others provide more investigative leads.