Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Save more get less?

jezabel1jezabel1 Member Posts: 8

I'm a bit confused, If i reduce more and there is a bigger saving during an hour wouldn't you get more points? that doesn't seem to be the case.
1.507 reduced to 1.07 = 144 pts
2.164 reduced to 0.7 = 117
this doesn't make any scene, this seems like a huge difference in reductions but yet i'm getting more to reduce less?

Comments

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoMember, Moderator Posts: 1,623

@jezabel1 said:
    I'm a bit confused, If i reduce more and there is a bigger saving during an hour wouldn't you get more points? that doesn't seem to be the case.
    1.507 reduced to 1.07 = 144 pts
    2.164 reduced to 0.7 = 117
    this doesn't make any scene, this seems like a huge difference in reductions but yet i'm getting more to reduce less?

The "Base points" earned per kWh saving differs from event to event

If you download your CSV file and look at the data you can perform some basic math to see what is happening. On your dashboard click this button and open it in Excel..

You can calculate the points awarded per kWh by taking the number in the "base points" column by the difference between "Forecast - Actual" columns

edited June 2018

@jezabel1

Here's a graph showing how the base points per kWh has changed over the last year or so. The plot is a moving average of the points per kWh for my last 5 OhmHours. Note: your OhmHours are probably different

Note how a year ago the average was close to 200 points per kWh....now we are near 90, with recent scoring close to 80, the lowest I've recorded. Having said that, the payout prices also dipped back in June 2017 and we are at a similar level again in 2018

• jezabel1jezabel1 Member Posts: 8

this didnt happen in the last year its been the last 3

edited June 2018
    > @jezabel1 said:
    > this didnt happen in the last year its been the last 3

It looks like in the first one you saved .437 and were awarded 144 points. Ignoring the streak and status bonuses that works out at 144/(1.507-.1.07)=329. That is a huge number of points and higher than anything I've seen before.

The second one is more in line with what I've seen recently 117/(2.164-.7)=79.92

Here's my data...look at the last column for points per kWh:
    Where are the points then?
    edited June 2018
    > @jezabel1 said:
    > Where are the points then?

The points per kWh differs between OhmHours

It looks like I've failed in getting you to understand that. So, you can either send an email into [email protected] or perhaps someone else will have a go at explaining it for you.
  • CKWMCKWM Fremont, CAMember Posts: 243
    edited June 2018

@jezabel1, before explaining the payout difference between when you saved more and when you saved less, I think that @UkiwiS is trying to help you understand that EACH specific OhmHour has it's own payout rate.

Were you aware that the payout rate for what you save is different from 1 OhmHour to another OhmHour - because of a ton of different (yet reasonable) factors?

If that doesn't make sense to you, we need to help you understand that first. Look forward to hearing back.

I'm done. One minute this has gone from you taking over 4 months to address the fact that you guys never sent out a notification and still expected me to know when it was which screwed a 29 streak- next you guys delete my account and blame me, and now I use less energy not by small amount but quite large amounts and I havent been doing long enough apparently (over a year) to know how it works. You guys dont communicate very well. I'm quite over all of this.
    I just want to cash out what ive earned and be on my way!
  • @jezabel1 you're talking to people who are users as well, if you didn't understand their explanation, maybe it is best to contact us; have you addressed this to the OhmConnect support line yet?

Yes they dont care! I just want my points cashed out and to leave!
  • @jezabel1 I messaged you about 24 hours ago in what to do next. Were you able to do what you need to be done?

This discussion has been closed.