Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Not getting text notification of upcoming ohm hour

frankhacfrankhac Sunnyvale, CAMember Posts: 49

I have an ohm hour coming today. I got the email yesterday that there will be an upcoming one but not a text message. I used to get one. I'm not sure now but I don't think I got one during my last ohm hour. I do get the text right before and after the ohm hour. Has anyone else notice this. In my settings I do have the OhmHour Notifications set for both email and SMS. But I'm not sure if this is the setting for the notification that I'm missing.

Comments

• gblaze97gblaze97 Member Posts: 1

I didn't get any texts for today's Ohm hour. Like you, I received the email, but no texts at all today. Not before, not after. But I did get emails. Not sure if there is something in my profile, but I have received texts for the previous 4 Ohm hours. Seems like a bug? Or someone forgot to set up or send the text?

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoMember, Moderator Posts: 1,625

@gblaze97 said:
    I didn't get any texts for today's Ohm hour. Like you, I received the email, but no texts at all today. Not before, not after. But I did get emails. Not sure if there is something in my profile, but I have received texts for the previous 4 Ohm hours. Seems like a bug? Or someone forgot to set up or send the text?

This article says 1-5% of messages are actually lost even when nothing is seemingly wrong.
    https://www.lifewire.com/definition-of-sms-text-messaging-578676

I have no idea if that number is accurate but the truth of the matter is that SMS delivery is NOT guaranteed. Have a backup plan by checking your email.

If you continue to experience no texts then I would send an email to support and have them look into it.

• frankhacfrankhac Sunnyvale, CAMember Posts: 49

I had an ohm hour today, 6/12, from 8:00 - 9:00 pm. In addition to not getting text yesterday that it's coming, I didn't get the one right before it happened or the one right after saying it's over. I did however get the emails right before and after it was done. I'll be checking my email but will keep track now if I'm not getting a text notification

• CKWMCKWM Fremont, CAMember Posts: 243
    If only they'd come up with an App already... I'm sure it's something they're working on.

@frankhac said:
    I had an ohm hour today, 6/12, from 8:00 - 9:00 pm. In addition to not getting text yesterday that it's coming, I didn't get the one right before it happened or the one right after saying it's over. I did however get the emails right before and after it was done. I'll be checking my email but will keep track now if I'm not getting a text notification

One missing here or there is one thing...missing all of them is another. If I was in your shoes I'd be contacting [email protected]

• Alexandria LAlexandria L Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2018

We've had no notifications (wife and my text or email) for the last several. We did receive email after they were over.

• lichtenhanlichtenhan Member Posts: 1

I also am not receiving text messages for the last several ohm hours. I only find out i have had one when i get around to checking email.

@anguye42 there's starting to be more and more of these instances
  • @UkiwiS Yes we are aware of this. As per our discussion last night, we are escalating them to our engineers. I will see if we need to make a mass announcement on this incident or not.

• jserramcjserramc Member Posts: 351

Wed June 13 I got the notice via email 24 hrs before about the mega 2 hr event. as well as one just before. I only get emails since I don't have text. Yesterday Thurs June 14 when I checked my OC account in the morning, I noticed there was a new OH for that evening. I opted in as usual. I never got an email saying it was happening. I asked OC about this, mentioning that if people are only getting an alert via their dashboard and might not look at it how would they know there was an event? Still waiting for reply.

• @jserramc are you not getting both emails/text messages about the OhmHour?

I do not have text and only request emails. I noticed the email came at 651 PM, fortunately I knew about it because I checked my dashboard earlier in the day. I brought it to OC attention earlier that day.

The OhmConnect Team [email protected] Jun 14 at 6:51 PM

Flip off the lights, give your thermostat a break, and do something spontaneous. It's an #OhmHour!

OhmHour Today 7 - 8PM

You're participating! Your estimated forecast during this hour is 0.04 kWh. Dig into your forecast here and plan for your biggest reduction yet!

• Alexandria LAlexandria L Member Posts: 2

Hey Ohm Connect. Do you have any update on the work the engineers are doing to solve this reliability problem?

• @Alexandria L there hasn't been any updates yet on having it completely fixed but it is on high priority to get it done this week. in the meantime, I do encourage user to check their dashboard for any incoming OhmHours; I know it is more inconvenient that way and I do apologize for that, but that would be your best bet for now as we make this transition.

• Steve ESteve E Member, Moderator Posts: 329

I was getting sporadic SMS messages (AT&T on an iPhone) up until 6/6 and I have not received a single one since. I have double checked my account settings to verify I have SMS and email set to true for all messages (it is). I have had 4 #OhmHours since 6/6 (6/13, 6/14. 6/19 & 6/21) and received email messages for all the events but not a single SMS message.

I just again checked my account settings and turned all messages OFF for email and SMS and then set them all to ON again. I don't know if this will have any effect but I figured it was worth a try.

edited June 2018

I'm not sure if this is related but. I recently have gotten an email that Ohm Connect can't get my data from PGE. I was told to go through the process of clicking the "I moved" button. Every thing seems to work. At the end it ask me to confirm the code to verify my phone. I don't get the code. I then thought of just manually removing and adding my phone on the connect page. I tried to do that but in the end it ask me to enter the code sent via text for confirmation. I tried several times and never get the text message.

I'm pretty sure I can get text on my phone. I received one last night.

I'm waiting back from support to see what can be done for me

They seemed to have fixed the part that I can get a code to add my phone. Now that my mobile phone is connected again, I'll see if I get text messages during my next OhmHour

• blazemthallblazemthall Member Posts: 1
    I believe I have the opposite problem... I receive text msgs that an #ohmhour is coming up (like tonight between 7-8pm) but when I click like with it a pop up comes up saying "this does not appear to be a valid #ohmhour"

What gives? I'm new and already lost in the sauce!

@blazemthall, I have never actually gotten a text or email and it turned out it was actually not valid. Are you set up to receive both text and email. If you did receive an email, do you get the same message when you click the "Tell us how your saving" link?

Also, do you see on your home dashboard the OH. I found that if I do receive the email, I don't see it in the dashboard right away. However, I usually see it by the morning of the OH.

a little late to this conversation but you could always just act as though it is real and then if nothing happens contact OC.