Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Looking for a Buddy

RandersRanders San DiegoPosts: 9Member
edited August 2018 in General Discussion
For a buddy, that is! I'm platinum in the 92115 zip code. Haven't missed an Ohm hour yet and my average savings is 60 percent.

Can we have buddies in a different zip code? I'm not sure but I imagine we need to have the same Ohm hour schedule. FWIW I had a 2 hour 7-9pm Mega Ohm hour on 6/13 and a 7-8pm Ohm hour on 6/14.

Hit me up if you are interested!

Comments

• RandersRanders San DiegoPosts: 9Member
    @anguye42 Thanks. I've gone through two auto-assigned buddies that miss the majority of the Ohm hours so I'm hoping to find someone who's more consistent.
  • CKWMCKWM Fremont, CAPosts: 241Member

@anguye42, can another category called "Buddy Program" be created so that these and other discussions regarding Buddies can live there?

• @CKWM That's good idea. I can't actually create these categories but it is something I will work to make available. There is a thread for buddy program https://forum.ohmconnect.com/discussion/comment/9637#Comment_9637

@anguye42, oh yeah I've posted to that. I just think there may be enough conversation around the Buddy Program and the different aspects about it, that it could be worth looking into having its own category.

• NlindsayNlindsay San Diego Posts: 93Member

@Randers I think we may live close enough to be buddies! I sent you a PM with my info :)

• SrelazSrelaz FullertonPosts: 118Member

Lol, my buddy missed 3 or 4 Ohmhours in a row and I just divorced them. I just requested a new buddy. Hopefully their performance will improve. I have a streak of 123 reductions in a row and usually run at 99-100% reduction except for the OC fail during the transition to PDT. That should drop off soon.

• NlindsayNlindsay San Diego Posts: 93Member
    edited June 2018

@Randers I left my buddy today and clicked the link in the email I got from OC saying u wanted to b my buddy and I get an 'error 400 bad request' so I contacted OC about it. So we'll see :| @anguye42 maybe you can help?

• No Pain No GainNo Pain No Gain 93035Posts: 404Member

This is better than a soap opera @Nlindsay and @Randers . :p Will these 2 low energy individuals finally buddy up before the next #OhmHour? Stay tuned to find out if @Nlindsay remains plagued by Bad Requests or if @Randers realizes you can still find harmony with a geographically undesirable zip code. I see many dark (ohm)hours ahead for you! B)

• cwiedcwied San MateoPosts: 137Member
    edited June 2018

@Nlindsay - check your buddy page (https://login.ohmconnect.com/buddy) to see if the request shows up there too. I believe it did for me when my brother asked to link with me. Obviously their email generation code is broken since it didn't replace the %REFERRERID% with the correct ID.

• RandersRanders San DiegoPosts: 9Member
    @No Pain No Gain We finally got connected! Lol, it was kind of dramatic to click the "Are you sure you want to leave your buddy?" button. It did feel a little like a break up!
  • No Pain No GainNo Pain No Gain 93035Posts: 404Member
    edited June 2018

Let's give a warm welcome to our latest Buddy team! Woohoo! @Randers and @Nlindsay are no longer on the site's Most Eligible Buddy list. :D Congrats!
    PS - There is no "Most Eligible Buddy" list - I made that up. B)

• Steve ESteve E Posts: 329Member, Moderator

OK... so supposedly my buddy has gone MIA with my last 4 shared #OhmHours being reported as TBD on the side of my buddy.

I guess it's time to call it off between us and entire the world of looking for a new buddy.

Me -> Platinum status, current streak of 119. I'm in the SGV / Pasadena area.

Hit me up if you want to buddy up and I'll boot my current partner.

• MinEarlMinEarl Posts: 14Member
    We are looking for a new buddy similar to us! We live in 92115, have a 38 streak, and usually save 100%. Anyone similar looking for a buddy? Thanks!

I just got a new buddy. So I'm good for now.

We are still in the market, if anyone is looking. We still have our current buddy until we find someone new!
    We just got matched by Ohm again, and our latest failed to make goal two out of three times. Are we just on a roll of bad luck? Why do so many people join the Buddy program and not participate?
  • UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,607Member, Moderator

What happens when you divorce your buddy?

Do they receive an email fro OhmConnect breaking the bad news or are they just cast adrift?

I'm in the 94536 zip code, and I'm looking for someone who can save 75% or more... consistently. If that's you post here with "@CKWM" in your post and we'll make something happen.

I ditched the buddy I got a little while ago as they didn't seem to save consistently. I don't know if they got a break up letter or not! I requested a new buddy and literally got one immediately which I was very happy about. So far so good on this buddy as they too are platinum!

• dthatcher7dthatcher7 Posts: 27Member
    edited July 2018

91950 here... looking for new buddy, platinum, 26 ohm hour streak (family got sick in Feb, otherwise would be close to 60) and auto-paired buddy has been a no-show for the last 6 ohmhours. PM me if you are interested!!

• annointed12345annointed12345 Posts: 3Member

Looking for a buddy. Live in the Porterville California area. Currently on a streak of 23 ohmhours in a row! Anyone out there let me know!

• Mark8Mark8 Posts: 14Member

After my buddy also wasn't hitting his/her goals, I left him/her (with a note as to why) tonight expecting to just be able to get a new buddy. The page talks about how I can invite a buddy or be paired with, but there's no ability to request to be paired. Anyone else have any thoughts to whether it's me, a lack of buddies in my area, or a broken page?

@Mark8, I'm just curious, but can you show us a screenshot of what this looks like? Maybe that'll help others to see exactly what you're referring to. I suspect this is something that can be cleared up with a message to Support, but thanks for pointing this out.

I was hoping a new day would show something different.

• c1courtneyc1courtney El Dorado Hills, CAPosts: 35Member

Same here. It's been this way since day one for me.

• c1courtneyc1courtney El Dorado Hills, CAPosts: 35Member

FWIW, I'm looking for a buddy - 95762 - PG&E East of Sacramento (El Dorado Hills)

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,607Member, Moderator

@CKWM
    @c1courtney
    I have been advised that the previously available button to get paired up has been removed.

It'd be nice if we could invite people to be buddies based off their username instead of just email.

• acwillysacwillys IrvinePosts: 3Member

Looking for a buddy - 92603 Irvine, SCE. Looking for a fellow Platinum, my streaks at 138 and counting...

Same here for San Francisco - 94110.

This discussion has been closed.