Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Huge Reduction in Base Points....

Just got my latest results and it looks like there is a huge reduction in base points... Only 85.22 Points per KwH Reduction on this last one. Does anyone know what happend or how this happens? I add a couple columns in the spreadsheet showing this in yellow.

Best Answer

Answers

• John KJohn K Lake Forest - Hikers and Bikers TeamPosts: 585Member
    edited August 2018

@dgoddard, now that you've brought it to their attention that they've been overpaying previously, you should expect negative adjustments in the near future on many of your previous OHs. Many of us routinely get 80-85 pts/kWh. Over time, as more people have higher and higher streaks, and the payments from CAISO remain constant, the baseline pts should continue to drop.

• dgoddarddgoddard Posts: 13Member

Hummm, interesting. I was recently capped at 2,000 points and I sent them a message about it. They quickly replied and removed the cap and awarded the extra points. I would think they would have done something about it at that time if there was a mistake... No? What is your streak? I am at 75.

• LouMLouM Posts: 1Member
    I just got results from last OH of Aug 6. We flipped breaker so reduction of 100%. Streak of 80 and diamond status and how many points earned? 15 BASE POINTS! With diamond and streak bonus, earned a whopping 53 points. I’m a long-term participant, but I’m not sure I can sustain my housemate’s interest earning so little. I want to be a cheerleader, but I just can’t anymore.
  • jserramcjserramc Posts: 326Member

my lowest was earning a TOTAL of 13 cents, later adjusted to $1.13 with buddy points. And the day before OC had given me all of 18 cents then they reduced it by 5 cents. But fortunately most of the hours after that my earnings were between $10-20. You may think this is nothing but when my average PGE bill, because of solar and over production, is only $10, the cost of service, I am happy to get $10.

• NlindsayNlindsay San Diego Posts: 89Member

@LouM it always sucks to see a low payout when the OH results come in. Keep in mind that your base points are largely based on how many kWh you reduced. If you only reduced about 0.1-0.2kWh then 15 base points is probably accurate. But if you reduced more than that, lets say you saved 1kWh, and you are only getting 15 base points then that isnt right.
    What was your forecast and usage for that OH?