Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Buddy program

Answers

• CKWMCKWM Fremont, CAPosts: 241Member
    edited April 2018

gotcha, thanks @Nlindsay... does anybody know how to delete your own posts? I didn't see an option for that.

• John KJohn K Lake Forest - Hikers and Bikers TeamPosts: 585Member

@CKWM said:
    gotcha, thanks @Nlindsay... does anybody know how to delete your own posts? I didn't see an option for that.

Click on the gear icon at the upper right of your post. You should have an option to edit or delete. I'm not sure if there is a time limit for deletion or whether the option disappears when there is a post after yours. There have been times where I was told I don't have authorization to delete.

yeah, I thought that's where the option to delete should be, but here's my discussion and I don't see that option:

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,607Member, Moderator

Apparently I have that power.....

Let me know what you want deleted.

• NlindsayNlindsay San Diego Posts: 92Member

I couldn't help myself @UkiwiS

• Lisa FosterLisa Foster Posts: 3Member
    None of my buddy points have been showing up in my total at all lately, even when my buddy page says we earned them.

@Lisa Foster Buddy points can appear a day or two after your #ohmhour scores.. Are they showing in the OhmHour detail but not in the csv points file?

Can you post screenshots as its VERY hard to visualize or to believe this is happening....I feel it's a timing issue.

For instance the buddy page shows my last 3..

If I look at the "download history" file I and filter on Buddy Response and Rewards from OhmHour performance in excel...like this...

Here's what I see:

You will notice that the 59 and 78 points were awarded on the same day as the OhmHour scored but the top event has no buddy points yet and the bottom one, scored Buddy points 2 days after the OhmHour points were credited.

• cwiedcwied San MateoPosts: 137Member

I can confirm that the buddy points are not always being awarded in a timely fashion. I was just credited today for Buddy points awarded on 4/30:

edited May 2018

@cwohmcon said:
    I can confirm that the buddy points are not always being awarded in a timely fashion. I was just credited today for Buddy points awarded on 4/30:

One factor that comes into play here is that both you and your buddy need to have been scored in order to be awarded the points. This means that if there is a delay for either of you, or a problem with your buddies data, neither of you will get the buddy points in a timely manner.

@cwohmcon do you know if there was a problem with your buddy and the scoring of the 4/30 OhmHour?

Not that I'm aware of. The buddy page had the result up the day after the main OhmHour results came through (May 2nd).

• chhamajachhamaja Posts: 4Member

So my buddy left me and suddenly I have negative points for all buddy rewards since January. Isn't that odd?

• Steve ESteve E Posts: 329Member, Moderator

@chhamaja said:
    So my buddy left me and suddenly I have negative points for all buddy rewards since January. Isn't that odd?

I had a buddy leave me before our first shared #OhmHour and it took maybe a couple of months for me to get a new buddy. I never had any negative points (but then again I never got any points). Do the points deductions seem to be what you have been awarded for you shared savings? Seems like it is probably a bug, I would reach out to support

• chhamajachhamaja Posts: 4Member

@Steve E said:

@chhamaja said:

I had a buddy leave me before our first shared #OhmHour and it took maybe a couple of months for me to get a new buddy. I never had any negative points (but then again I never got any points). Do the points deductions seem to be what you have been awarded for you shared savings? Seems like it is probably a bug, I would reach out to support

Yes they were awarded for shared savings. I did reach out to support. Waiting to hear back.

See this thread: https://forum.ohmconnect.com/discussion/1692/losing-points-for-buddy-demand-response#latest

They're regenerating the buddy points because the new dashboard deals with them differently. Everything is messed up today. Apparently it will be fixed soon.

• djvillegas-musicdjvillegas-music Posts: 3Member
    Ever since the reformatting last month, I have stopped receiving buddy points for new ohm hours. It has been four weeks since the last time I have received buddy points even though it shows that we are both participating and saving.
  • Steve ESteve E Posts: 329Member, Moderator
    edited June 2018

@djvillegas-music said:
    Ever since the reformatting last month, I have stopped receiving buddy points for new ohm hours. It has been four weeks since the last time I have received buddy points even though it shows that we are both participating and saving.

Have you clicked on the #OhmHour in the dashboard to see the details for the #OhmHour. The buddy points are now included in that total

Yes. I have checked. Here's a screenshot of the last two ohm hours in which I received no buddy points even though we had reductions of 83 and 84 percent.
  • @djvillegas-music buddy is still in it's beta version so there are going be some issues. we are aware of it and currently working on it to fix it.

Thank you!

• ag28ag28 Posts: 7Member

I am having the same problem as @djvillegas-music @anguye42 . My last two hours on 6/1 & 6/8 did not issue me buddy points or tokens. Should I submit an order ticket somewhere to have it looked at?

edited June 2018

@ag28 and @djvillegas-music, I had the same thing happen, and it may be because your buddy may not have had an OhmHour to compare with you. You can see this thread that pieces together my experience and OhmConnect employee comments to get a picture of how things have evolved and one reason why we may not be getting compared to our buddy for some rewards.

• @ag28 I have reviewed your profile and it does look like you haven't received buddy points since this month. I have to admit our buddy system is fairly new and still in the beta version. We are working on it to make it better so I do apologize for the delay.

• NlindsayNlindsay San Diego Posts: 92Member

I understand this is a known issue and it is being resolved, but I just wanted to throw in what's happening for me. I have not received buddy points for 6/1 but I did receive the 100 tokens for that OH. Our 62% savings shows up in the performance section of the buddy page but not the activity section. Also in my energy snapshot email it shows we both reduced and got tokens but no points. Points and tokens were awarded for 6/8 just fine, 6/1 is the only issue.

• learnmorelearnmore Posts: 6Member

i think the buddy system is broken, you cant even find a buddy anymore.

@alchemy,

@Anh, OhmConnect answered your question on the same day in an announcement at the top of the recent discussion page. Here's a direct link to it:

https://forum.ohmconnect.com/discussion/1850/adding-a-buddy#latest
  • No Pain No GainNo Pain No Gain 93035Posts: 404Member

Some users have successfully found a Buddy on the "Single and Looking" thread.

• joonyboyjoonyboy Posts: 5Member

Hello! Looking for a buddy. Zip code - 95124

• xodelansetxodelanset Posts: 12Member

@Ben said:
    Hi @UkiwiS, @IanE, @SFPowerSaver, @charliemiu - couple of quick notes on Buddy (besides that it's a great way to earn some extra points and tokens!):
    1. You can be in a team and in Buddy at the same time - no need to leave your team
    2. If you'd like to join Buddy, click here to join the program. You'll be able to invite other people in your area to be your Buddy. You can also request to be paired with a user who lives in your area!

It's a great way for users with low household usage to earn some more money by saving.

I was in the buddy program but Ohmconnect knocked me out of it, saying that my buddy left me. Also, since I don't personally know anyone, I had been having Ohmconnect find me a buddy but the new Ohmconnect buddy page doesn't have that feature. Could someone please tell me what is going on here?

• AubreemmAubreemm Lake Elsinore, CA. 92630Posts: 22Member
    I'm looking for a new buddy. My zip is 92530. I'm platinum level on a streak of 99. I never go above my forecasted usage. I have gotten way below my forecasted usage on all mega Ohms. My email is [email protected]
  • otter-overlordotter-overlord Posts: 1Member
    I am looking for a buddy. Zip 93631. Platinum with 20 streak. Please email [email protected]
This discussion has been closed.