Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Adding a Buddy (UPDATE: 7/26/18)

2»

Comments

• ado661ado661 Posts: 2Member

Hello anyone in Kern County that would like to be my buddy?

• ado661ado661 Posts: 2Member

I had an assigned buddy but I don't think they were following there ohm hours correctly.

• JandbJandb Posts: 1Member

Buddy needed in Southern California in zip code 92019. Please let me know if you would like to “buddy up”!

• Russell22Russell22 Posts: 2Member

Looking for a buddy. Email is [email protected] . Zip Code is 92252.

• Queso CatQueso Cat Posts: 6Member

@ausman said:
    I am in SF prettysick, so I can't invite you. :( my email is [email protected] and my zip is 94131 if anyone wants a buddy in SF.

@ausman are you still looking for a buddy? I'm in Millbrae so I'm not sure if we have the same ohm hours. Did you just get hours these past two days (8/16 and 8/17)?

• nickip18nickip18 Posts: 3Member

Still looking for a buddy in mountain view email is cr[email protected] Zip is 94041 (Mountain View, CA)

• SweetJess99SweetJess99 STOCKTON, CAPosts: 4Member

Looking for a buddy in the 95203/Stockton area.

My last 5 hours were 8/6, 8/9, 8/16, 8/17, and 8/20, with another coming up tomorrow. Platinum, with a 23 hour streak.

Most of my home is automated, with more automation being added every month or so.

My best friend and I have had the same ohm hours almost since she joined (her first was a different day than mine) and we were told we lived too far away from each other. So now I'm Looking for an active buddy.

• Mark8Mark8 Posts: 14Member

@Anh, OhmConnect When I try to message you because I found a buddy (SFPowerSaver), I get the attached.

• @Mark8 If you can get that user's email address, you can add them through the buddy page. The information is posted at the original post on page 1.

• Mark8Mark8 Posts: 14Member

We have both tried that from our ends but nothing comes through in our emails.

• Hello I’ve been paired it twice with people who are not active please pair me with somebody who is active :)
  • @Sophia Jimenez please read the topic title of this forum post! we don't assign users any new buddies anymore.

• mymidgetwormymidgetwor Posts: 20Member

Looking for a Buddy who's Silver or higher status that participates fully in all Ohm Hours. (Zip: 93308)

• alexlai123alexlai123 Posts: 1Member

Looking for a buddy in the Richmond(94804) area.

• mezapriscimezaprisci Posts: 3Member
    edited October 2018
    Who here lives near Compton and wants to be my ohm buddy. I need one . Someone who Is actively saving. Email [email protected] add me
  • gabyred-18gabyred-18 Posts: 1Member

San Jose, Ca, 95116 anyone??????

• kco-1987kco-1987 Posts: 2Member
    My past 5 ohmhours are
    10/31 9-10pm
    10/22 5- 6pm
    10/10 7-8pm
    10/1 7- 8pm
    9/20 6- 7pm
    Please reply if you have the same!
  • W94565W94565 Posts: 5Member

Looking for a buddy. Zip is 94565 Platinum. 72% reduction

• This is such a broken system. legitimately. Can OhmConnect seriously not resolve this better? We are all STRANGERS on the internet, its impossible to easily find locals who are without a buddy (no way to know if someone already has one or not), and if you tag or direct message them, they aren't notified they have replies or messages. I have to manually check this site to see if anyone has messaged me or replied to a thread.

Everything about this points to not really wanting people to have buddies. WHY are you just letting this chaos go on for months and months? Its unfair to those without them now, while people who have secured one get to ride along with free tokens and bonus points. I have literally messaged 10 people in local (San Diego) teams saying "do you have a buddy?" "do you have a buddy?" "do you have a buddy?" with zero replies. Messaging in the team gives an error saying its not functional yet. Can you at least put a message board in a team page for the members to see? My one reply from someone who posted on here was like "OH hi! I dont come on here much..." The amount of people who post on this forum compared to users is most likely really small (and why is is so many hoops just to find the forum - why is it a sub category when you click help - why cant it be a direct link on the top?. I bet a ton of people don't even know this forum exists!! Why can't we receive email notifications to our linked email so we know we have messages from people?

Why. why. why. why. I am so frustrated.. I have been on this site since 2016 and I'm amazed such common elements of a site don't work.

92111 for the love of god I just need a new buddy again. I removed mine having no idea it wasn't automatically located anymore. Can you please at least remove the "click the button and well locate one for you" ?

• And why do you have to know someone's personal email to add them as a buddy. why cant it be their username? No one should be posting their personal email on a public forum! Oh and I entered my own email to test it out and the person is spammed daily. Thats a great way to win people over to be their buddy. I can't think of a solution off the top of my head but this system is literally a last choice.

• @Heather R. Weather I understand what you mean - it is hard to give your email to someone you don't know. Buddy system wasn't perfect when we launched it and we are trying to fix it. A lot of users were against us removing the program so we are allowing users to still have buddies but that means we have to remove the "find me a buddy" option because that algorithm is not functioning like it should be and we need to fix that along with everything else. To be honest, I wish that we can remove buddy over all so that we can actually work on a clean slate instead of fixing something that was not greatly designed in the first place.

If you can't find a buddy through the forum (or don't want to find anyone through the forum), you can invite a new friend to join so they can be your new buddy. If that isn't something that you would like to do either, feel free to wait for us to improve buddy so you can avoid this "broken system." It might take a long while but I hope users can be patient with us in this transition.

• @Anh, OhmConnect said:
    @Heather R. Weather I understand what you mean - it is hard to give your email to someone you don't know. Buddy system wasn't perfect when we launched it and we are trying to fix it. A lot of users were against us removing the program so we are allowing users to still have buddies but that means we have to remove the "find me a buddy" option because that algorithm is not functioning like it should be and we need to fix that along with everything else. To be honest, I wish that we can remove buddy over all so that we can actually work on a clean slate instead of fixing something that was not greatly designed in the first place.

If you can't find a buddy through the forum (or don't want to find anyone through the forum), you can invite a new friend to join so they can be your new buddy. If that isn't something that you would like to do either, feel free to wait for us to improve buddy so you can avoid this "broken system." It might take a long while but I hope users can be patient with us in this transition.

It's not about giving a stranger my email. Its about being forced to post a personal email HERE hoping someone in my area sees that and adds me. Because direct messaging is not working. WHY? because people don't know I've messaged them. I want to direct message someone and start a convo. If we are close enough and both need one, I would then give my email or have them give me theirs. However right now... I email people and they arent logging into the site and have no idea I have messaged them since the site does not email out notifications of being tagged in forums or messaged. Thats the main problem and why this method is not working.

• @Heather R. Weather is there an error that pops up when you give a user a direct message?

• @Anh, OhmConnect said:
    @Heather R. Weather is there an error that pops up when you give a user a direct message?

No error. Im saying people arent notified they have new messages on here - they have to manually check via going way into the sub level of the "help" Sections. It seems to me our inbox should be linked to our home page when we log into the site... not within the help section > forum.

Side note, I was able to connect to a buddy through actively messaging as many people as possible. And just a heads up that person is roughly 20 miles from my zip code. Out of over 10 messages, 2 people responded...both very delayed and both saying "oh hi, sorry i didnt see this for so long."
    Hopefully this feedback can be addressed in making our direct message boxes easier find and notice of new messages.

• pauloh85pauloh85 PacificaPosts: 7Member

Looking for buddy near Daly City or Pacifica. zipcode 94044

• bprasannbprasann Posts: 1Member
    edited January 15

Looking for a buddy in Hayward CA[zip code -- 94542]. If anyone is interested please drop your email address here I will send you an invite request. Thanks in advance.

• kcboy231982kcboy231982 Posts: 2Member

I'm also looking for a buddy in Westminster/Garden Grove, CA. Zip: 92840

• alytheasanchez-comalytheasanchez-com Posts: 1Member
    > @bprasann said:
    > Looking for a buddy in Hayward CA[zip code -- 94542]. If anyone is interested please drop your email address here I will send you an invite request. Thanks in advance.

I’m in east Oakland, zip code 94601. Not sure if that’s close enough or not but my email is [email protected]