Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

KASA TP-LINK smart strip not connecting

I recently purchased the TP-Link HS300 Power Strip that I've successfully added to my Kasa app and can control there, but it's not showing up on my OhmConnect connected devices list. I even tried re-adding TP-Link credentials. Is this device not compatible with OhmConnect?

Answers

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,523Member, Moderator
    edited October 2018
    > @Nick Radtke said:
    > I recently purchased the TP-Link HS300 Power Strip that I've successfully added to my Kasa app and can control there, but it's not showing up on my OhmConnect connected devices list. I even tried re-adding TP-Link credentials. Is this device not compatible with OhmConnect?

I don't know anything about this sepcific device or how you would configure it but there might be a "remote" switch within KAZA to toggle to enable it remotely. There is a similar switch on the smart plugs.
  • SargeSarge Posts: 4Member
    I too would like to know how to get it to sync on OHM side of things! There is no remote control option under any of the 6 outlets that show up under the kasa app! Some insight would be nice as I have 2 of these!
  • John KJohn K Lake Forest - Hikers and Bikers TeamPosts: 585Member
    edited November 2018

@Sarge, in KASA, if you click on one of your TP-Link devices, there should be a gear-shaped icon in the upper right hand corner of the screen. If you click on the gear, it brings up the Device Settings for that device. The first line is the toggle for Remote Control.

• Chris3Chris3 Posts: 1Member

I'm having the same problem, have not been able to sync the HS300 Power Strip with OhmConnect. (@UkiwiS @John K this particular device does not have the Remote Control toggle like all of the other TP-Link plugs/switches do.)

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,523Member, Moderator
    edited November 2018
    @Chris3

It's probably not supported by OhmConnect. If it can be controlled via Kasa when you're not connected to your home Wifi you might be able to use IFTTT to control it. Good luck
  • SargeSarge Posts: 4Member
    > @John K said:
    > @Sarge, in KASA, if you click on one of your TP-Link devices, there should be a gear-shaped icon in the upper right hand corner of the screen. If you click on the gear, it brings up the Device Settings for that device. The first line is the toggle for Remote Control.

@John K thanks for your response however I am very familiar with how all the devices work, unless you actually have this strip which it appears you do not, the issue is there is no option what so ever for the HS300 smart strip to toggle remote control, these strips do not appear to operate the same as the stand alone plugs. Both of my HS300 strips once connected through Kasa the app will just show 6 different outlets, all have the same user interface as the stand alone plugs Except remote control! The strip itself shows no where else on Kasa after initial setup it shows only the 6 outlets. Additionally It shows no options under Ohm what so ever. Hopefully Ohm has plans to add it??