Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

No payouts for SCE customers

This seems like a betrayal although I understand OhmConnect is a startup and can only payout if they’re being paid. What’s the resolution to this, and I wonder if I should bother sitting in the dark again during an ohmhour?

Comments

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,525Member, Moderator
    > @bmrgato said:
    > This seems like a betrayal although I understand OhmConnect is a startup and can only payout if they’re being paid. What’s the resolution to this, and I wonder if I should bother sitting in the dark again during an ohmhour?

What alternatives do you have?

What will SCE pay you on their demand tesponse program if you switch?

Will SCE pay you to reduce during the winter?

If you wait till summer comes around you should be back in the money again
  • Steve ESteve E Posts: 329Member, Moderator

We are SCE customers and we just received our 1099 from Ohm Connect for payouts received in 2018. Without disclosing the actual amount, I will say it was over $1000. Now admittedly, there is no way of knowing what the program will pay this coming year and there is really no way of knowing until summer actually comes round and the larger payouts should begin. Even if it turns out we were to get 1/2 of what we received last year, it would turn out to be a considerable amount and pay for at least 2 months of our electricity bill. I for one would believe that is worth waiting around to see and make a final judgement after the end of the year.

• No Pain No GainNo Pain No Gain 93035Posts: 400Member

We're SCE customers, too, and I just got a referral that I can't cash out. :-( They said they were being totally transparent by telling us they haven't been paid by SCE for... 8 months! Transparency is telling us when it's happening, not after 8 months! WTF??? So you're going to continue to participate in OhmHours and rack up the points, but for what? OC's not getting paid, so we're not getting paid. Anyway, in the first 6 weeks of this year, I've earned 238 points. Not going to need a 1099 this year. Really disappointed.

• bmrgatobmrgato Posts: 3Member

@UkiwiS said:
    > @bmrgato said:
    > This seems like a betrayal although I understand OhmConnect is a startup and can only payout if they’re being paid. What’s the resolution to this, and I wonder if I should bother sitting in the dark again during an ohmhour?

What alternatives do you have? The Alternative is not to reduce my usage

What will SCE pay you on their demand tesponse program if you switch? Didn’t know about this program, maybe I’ll look into it

Will SCE pay you to reduce during the winter? Right now I’m not get paid to reduce by anyone any time of the year

If you wait till summer comes around you should be back in the money again. - We can hope

Love the transparency of this. After SCE allegedly hasn't paid OC for reductions WE have made, OC decides to cut off payouts and THEN tell us. That isn't transparency! That's trying to take any blame off themselves for not paying us. Pointing fingers at SCE, when this is OC's doing. My Buddy said, "If they were being transparent, OC would tell us WHY SCE wasn't paying for our reductions." SCE is a big company, so to hold back payments for 8 months, means that something has been wrong with the way OC has been doing business for much longer than that. Someone hasn't been keeping up their part of the deal. From my experience here, I have never had problems with SCE, but OC has constantly changed the rules to suit themselves and the outcome they wanted. Since the rules changed last (capped at 100% bonus), my highest payout was last November - 319. If you've kept records, look at your highest payouts in the summer and replace your Bonus Points with what they would be at 100% bonus and that is what next summer looks like for you. Next summer will NOT be the same as LAST summer.

edited February 10

Matt wrote a letter to SCE users that if they want to help they can call or email SCE. I decided to write an email to SCE and followed the link OC provided, which goes to the SCE home page: Please contact us by phone for customer support; we currently do not offer support by email. Cant even get that right.
    Customer Support at SCE only answers their business questions and knows nothing about payment disputes between SCE and OC. Don't waste your time. (Do you think OC knew this? ;) )

edited February 10

@bmrgato Before you feel too sorry for OC as a startup, take a look at their $8.5 Million funding announced in April 2018. Where did that go??? https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/ohmconnect#section-overview

• samkleesamklee Posts: 68Member, Administrator, Moderator
    edited February 10
    Hi Everyone, I'll hold a brief 20 minute call at 7pm today to answer specific questions regarding this cash out block.

I'll put the call specifics in the thread when I get in front of a computer, later in the afternoon. I can't seem to get the actual hangout url through my phone.

Sam
    edited February 11

@samklee , there must be a problem with this link. Others aren't able to open it. Message is: Could not find the requested event.

• John KJohn K Lake Forest - Hikers and Bikers TeamPosts: 585Member

@No Pain No Gain , looks like either Sam or an invitee like yourself can add invitees.

Some of us had a great conference call with @samklee this evening. He was kind enough to listen to our concerns and I've come away with a new understanding of what OhmConnect is as a company. There is some agreement that communication needs to be worked on, which is what caused me to come to the forums and blow off steam. I'm totally in support of what Sam is working on and no longer concerned about the viability of OC. I would've taken down my earlier posts but didn't want anyone who saw them to think that I had been censored. Carry on. OhmConnect has my support, but I wish it didn't have to come to this in order to open the lines of communication.

• DarrenTDarrenT Posts: 60Member

@samklee said:
    Hi Everyone, I'll hold a brief 20 minute call at 7pm today to answer specific questions regarding this cash out block.

I'll put the call specifics in the thread when I get in front of a computer, later in the afternoon. I can't seem to get the actual hangout url through my phone.

Sam

@samklee Any chance you can share the answers to the questions from the call for those who couldn't attend and are just now learning about the cash out block for SCE customers?

• PineappleHeadPineappleHead Posts: 1Member

I cancelled my SCE summer discount plan in order to sign up for OC a month ago. I got the 1st smart switch and cashed out the rebate. Received the 2nd smart switch and connected. Just got the 1500 points over the weekend as the rebate, but now can't cash out. Sigh, went through all the trouble trying to save some money. It doesn't sound like a good deal now. Also, can't get back to SCE summer plan until a year after.

• NlindsayNlindsay San Diego Posts: 71Member

@PineappleHead no need to sighhh. The reason for the non cashout for SCE customers is due to a payment discrepancy between SCE and OhmConnect. Prettymuch OhmConnect hasnt been paid by SCE for previous OhmHours yet.
    Even though you are a SCE customer, the rebate $ isnt coming from SCE. Those 1500 points are from a device rebate through OC. So i recomend you email support stating that u want to cash out your rebate points but cant.

• One thing to keep in mind is You can only cash out your points once each month.
      If you've already cashed out in the last 30 days, you'll need to wait to cash-out again.

Dont let this discourage you @PineappleHead, if you stick around (especially untill summer) youll see that OC is definitely a good deal!

@PineappleHead (cool name, btw) Hang in there. The ban will be lifted and we'll be able to cash out again before long. I have over 2600 points I'm waiting to cash out. Think of it as a savings plan for now. The smart devices have helped me earn extra points and tokens, plus they're pretty useful.

• DarrenTDarrenT Posts: 60Member

So, what's the incentive to keep going if we're unable to cash out? I get that OhmConnect isn't being paid either, but what's the point of calling OhmHours for SCE customers then? I've been waiting for MONTHS to get the previous SCE stuff resolved from the summer such that everything was back to normal and my points were correct before cashing out, and now I'm completely blocked from cashing out.

I see no point in continuing to do OhmHours if:

1. The points for doing so are not worth it (pretty much at that point...just using up my tokens on baseline boosts)
    2. There's no timeline for when I will be able to cash out (possibly never if SCE digs in their heels and doesn't pay up...?)
  • DdrumDdrum Posts: 2Member

I'm still a bit concerned about the lack of transparency. The only SCE customers who know about this are the ones on the forum and those that have tried to cash out (not that many in the winter). How do we know that SCE and OC will resolve their differences soon? Is there a CPUC case to refer to? Is there a lawsuit? We'll need to decide at some point to give up on OC and switch back to demand reduction with SCE directly.

• edc529edc529 Posts: 1Member
    edited February 27

I have points from rebate that I can't cash out. OC support just gave me a generic response about the issue with SCE. If the rebate isn't tied to SCE, why can't I cash out?

• JRocketJRocket Posts: 30Member

I just logged in to cash out and became aware of the block. Reading the threads I am so surprised so many of you are drinking the corporate Kool-Aid here. The fact that they have not been paid by SCE for 8 months is a MONUMENTAL red flag with two SOS flags attached and everyone on the forum with the exception of a few are "oh...hang on tight and wait for the summer it will be worth it...i'm sure SCE will pay OhmConnect and we will get our money". Essentially what is going on here is your worst nightmare, but the Monopoly version. Did you ever go to your bank where you knew you had some money saved and then decided to pull it out only to be told....sorry but the FDIC doesn't cover our bank and we haven't been paid and because of that we can't give you your savings today but hey, would you still like to deposit some money here....we would really appreciate it and you know we are good for it....in the future. .....Did everyone else forget what happened to so many tech startups, especially ones that raised millions of dollars and left investors out to dry?!?! Seriously, so SCE customers are expected to continue to participate in OhmHours, sit in the dark and trust in the faith that we will be paid out at a future date? Ladies and gentlemen...wake up...They are holding our money hostage now and you think that they will pay us in the future??? And with all the other recent streak changes, etc. that got so many of us fired up here on these forums. And for the one person who is going to say it, yes, you can opt out but then you will loose your streak and I for one have worked to hard to give up my streak but I feel that without assurances that SCE customers are going to be paid we should not have to be forced to participate in OhmHours nor penalized for opting out because we may never get paid. Might be time for a C.A. before the $8.5 mil are sucked dry because for all those who wait to finally get paid this will just end like another Lehman Brothers/Enron. Just my two cents.

• Jeremy LeeJeremy Lee Posts: 6Member
    edited February 27

Not happy about this situation either as well as the lack of updates and transparency. Seems there's a sense of 'burying of heads in the sand' regarding this matter. For us SCE customers, we are left wondering if we should disconnect everything and forfeit our streaks... obviously we don't want to do that and lose everything but there is simply zero reassurance coming from Ohmconnect that would say otherwise as far as getting our payouts. I have accumulated a lot of money and it's locked up with Ohmconnect, this includes participating in the recent smart plug rebate offers where we would purchase the smart plug, activate it, and get credited the equivalent # of points to dollars spent (of everything, this smells the most scammy)

If Ohmconnect has known about this issue with SCE for so long, wouldn't it have been prudent and in everyone's best interest for them to inform everyone about it up-front as well as suspend or partially suspend the program for SCE customers? It makes no sense to me and the longer time draws out, the easier it is to believe that we've been scammed and or screwed... I'm not happy with the way things have been left hanging right now.

Anyone from Ohmconnect care to chime in and alleviate our concerns outside of giving canned responses? Your customers would surely appreciate it.

I just realized, I can't even use all the tokens I have been saving for a Baseline Boost because guess what....when I use it and make all that bling bling it will be worthless and I won't get paid anyway. They should turn OhmConnect into a Sim's/Minecraft XBox/PS4 game where we can build dirty power plants, generators, houses with solar, houses on Boardwalk vs houses in the slums that use dirty energy, etc. and over time we win monopoly money to spend on upgrades like smart plugs (which we get more points for but can't cash out), solar panels, Tesla house batteries, charging stations, electric vehicles, etc. It could be the Oregon Trail game of our generation. Forget Fortnite :-)

• bmrgatobmrgato Posts: 3Member
    No response to this?

> @DarrenT said:
    > @samklee said:
    > Hi Everyone, I'll hold a brief 20 minute call at 7pm today to answer specific questions regarding this cash out block.
    >
    > I'll put the call specifics in the thread when I get in front of a computer, later in the afternoon. I can't seem to get the actual hangout url through my phone.
    >
    > Sam
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > @samklee Any chance you can share the answers to the questions from the call for those who couldn't attend and are just now learning about the cash out block for SCE customers?
  • Richard strangeRichard strange SoCalPosts: 70Member

Bump for the request of the conf call info to be shared?

• qtr2010qtr2010 Posts: 1Member

Any news? I really wanna cash out...

So what happened on the call?!?
    There is an OhmConnect tomorrow for me so just trying to figure out if this is a way for them to have all their heavy hitters loose their streaks by giving up and then everyone will be back to zero and then low and behold they will release the freeze and the payouts for SCE customers will resume again but at a fraction of the point payout because everyone will have lost their streaks :-) when times r tough you gotta cut from somewhere....
  • kriscerone-aol-comkriscerone-aol-com Posts: 5Member

I paid $250 for the Nest Learning Thermostat that has turrned out to be a piece of junk. So far SCE has not given me the $75 rebate and is saying they will not pay me the additional $75 for being in the OHM program. Get this, Scott from OHM is backing SCE up saying I had to buy it from OHM instead of Home Depot (bought it last fall). Not true. I also spent close to $100 on Smart Plugs. I made less than $$300 and of course I have been sitting in the dark for prizes I will never win. This is not the SCE I knew in the past and OHM changes the rules whenever. I will not ask anyone else to participate. I am to ethical. How could I ask someone to sign up for this? I have a conscious..

• a381a381 Posts: 2Member

ohm connect, how about giving us a update?

• tifu9tifu9 Posts: 1Member
    Any updates???