Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Reminder: #OhmHour Occurrences and Notifications

12345679»

Comments

• Summer1Summer1 Posts: 117Member
    I still am not getting notices it's been months lost all my streaks
  • CKWMCKWM Fremont, CAPosts: 227Member

Have you chatted with someone directly from OhmConnect through the "Help" Tab's "Support" section? It may take them a while to get back to you (3 days at the most), but as long as you're persistent about telling them what's going on, my experience has been is that they've been pretty helpful at finding a resolution.

Hope that helps.

• AubreemmAubreemm Posts: 22Member

I was notified at 823 pm today about an ohm hour that started at 8! I really hope it doesn't ruin my streak...

• John KJohn K Lake Forest - Hikers and Bikers TeamPosts: 585Member
    edited May 2018

@Aubreemm, late notifications like this were not uncommon in the early days, but at that time there were no repercussions for extra usage. Now that we have streaks and negative points, this is crazy. You might well have used more than your forecast in those first 23 minutes. Surely, they'll protect you on this one. My recollection is that they recently stepped up when a notification went out just before or after the start of the hour. You are sure that the notification (text or email) was SENT at 8:23, right -- it wasn't that you had your phone or notebook turned off until 8:23, or something like that.

• Granma DeeGranma Dee Posts: 1Member
    Got a text reminder at 7:32 PM about OhmHour that started at 7:00 PM. We need reminders to come before the OhmHour starts! I sure hope I don't lose my streak because of this!
  • BstringBstring North SD County CoastalPosts: 78Member

I came looking to see if anyone is not getting ohmhours lately. I feel fortunate now on one hand that I'm not getting notices after an ohm hour has started, but not getting any isn't much better. Last summer I had a 5 week period where I simply didn't get any and should have spoken up sooner. Interested to hear if anyone else is seeing this as well and I will contact support.

• SD ChipSD Chip Posts: 139Member

@Bstring ...For this month it has been slow. I have had OH's on 5/1, 5/8, and just received notice of another on 5/18.
    Most likely the lack of OH's is due to this being the "Shoulder Season". Less load on the grid at this time of year mostly due to weather, and the abundance of renewables connected to the grid.

• BstringBstring North SD County CoastalPosts: 78Member

Within a few hours, I also got a notice about one for 5/18. I love how well that worked!

• Hey all! If you are having difficulties with notifications still, please contact us and we will be more than happy to take a look into that for you!

• Clean Skies!Clean Skies! SonomaPosts: 30Member

Last week, the week of September 3 - 7, we received no notifications whatsoever. This is the first time we've received no notification of Ohm Hours to participate in. It seems like this is accurate because it hasn't shown any upcoming OhmHours on our dashboard either. Is this the result of the grid not needing our help right now. Since Sep 3 was Labor Day we could understand that, but with no notice of any kind all of a sudden no Ohm Hours. It's kind of strange to work on getting referrals if there is a sense that there will be no Ohm Hours to participate in for them after they sign up? How do other members deal with this? We'd like to have your feedback. Thanks.
    Clean Skies!

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,523Member, Moderator

@Clean Skies!

You hit the nail on the head. It's been cooler and the grid hasn't needed the help it did when the weather was hotter.

I have seen 14 days between OhmHours on 2 occasions and multiple times of 9 or 10 days between them.

• Clean Skies!Clean Skies! SonomaPosts: 30Member

Thanks, UkiwiS, for your reply. I appreciate your comments.

• DozierGirlDozierGirl Posts: 0Member
    I also noticed the same issue no ohms last week at all every week before I would get a few each week until last week after I signed the w-9 form, it seems like ohm connect went off the record nobody contacted me with the answer to my question about why is my account showing -200 all of a sudden and I haven't had a ohm all week starting 9/3 I was at 0 points because I just cashed out sep 4th still no word or update what is going on.
  • @DozierGirl Have to tried contacting us through the help page yet? The forum isn't the best platform for us to assist you in your matter.

• JeffoffJeffoff Posts: 14Member
    This is not related to this topic, but do you think you can ask your staff to check the help messages? I’ve sent multiple messages over several days and it’s been weeks since I received one partial reply!
  • samkleesamklee Posts: 68Member, Administrator, Moderator

@Jeffoff said:
    This is not related to this topic, but do you think you can ask your staff to check the help messages? I’ve sent multiple messages over several days and it’s been weeks since I received one partial reply!

Hi @Jeffoff, I'll respond to you via the help chat.

Sam
    Team OhmConnect

• jserramcjserramc Posts: 257Member

Yesterday Jan 6 I received an invite for an OH tonite Jan 7 at 7 PM for a prize hour. I clicked on the invite and got tokens for that yet today Jan 7 it is not showing on my main page? I have asked OH if I am in for this event but they will not be online for 20 minutes. Any one else have issues like this? I will assume I am in and take appropriate action at 7 PM but this is s aserious flaw.

Also the prize is your energy bill paid for a year. For people like me who generate more than they use and have a credit, what will they pay???

• loveslalovesla Posts: 1Member

January 14th 4:58 PM Text Ohm Hour today 4-5 PM. A text 2 minutes before the Ohm hour ended (Not the text telling me OHM hour was over-that came at 5:23 PM) January 14th 5:11 PM Email Ohm Hour today 4-5PM. Email 11 minutes after the Ohm hour ended (Not the email telling me OHM hour was over-that came at 5:20 PM) Am I supposed to be psychic when it comes to Ohm hours? This is beyond no notice-this is negative notice. Last summer I thought this program was real. The farther it gets into winter the less notice I'm getting (I thought a couple hours notice on January 2nd was bad). This is ridiculous. Nobody can participate in something with notice after the fact. Tried to cash out my points and leave this farcical game. Guess what, can't cash out ($80.11) Nothing happens when I click the link to cash out. So Ohm administrator's, if this is not a scam answer my post and explain what's going on.

@lovesla said:
    January 14th 4:58 PM Text Ohm Hour today 4-5 PM. A text 2 minutes before the Ohm hour ended (Not the text telling me OHM hour was over-that came at 5:23 PM) January 14th 5:11 PM Email Ohm Hour today 4-5PM. Email 11 minutes after the Ohm hour ended (Not the email telling me OHM hour was over-that came at 5:20 PM) Am I supposed to be psychic when it comes to Ohm hours? This is beyond no notice-this is negative notice. Last summer I thought this program was real. The farther it gets into winter the less notice I'm getting (I thought a couple hours notice on January 2nd was bad). This is ridiculous. Nobody can participate in something with notice after the fact. Tried to cash out my points and leave this farcical game. Guess what, can't cash out ($80.11) Nothing happens when I click the link to cash out. So Ohm administrator's, if this is not a scam answer my post and explain what's going on.

@lovesla Don't get excited. The program is real, It is not a scam. With the OhmHour today there's obviously some bug with the timing of the notification. Reach out to support using the "Contact Support" button at the lower right of this page here:
    https://login.ohmconnect.com/help#

• CynnaCynna Posts: 5Member
    Just a heads up, this isn't the first time that this has happened but your layout does not give the option to "opt out". This is both with the link and within the Android app. I have missed out on points and streaks because of this. I have checked afterwards before and there weren't protections.

I am now bringing this up and I am sorry I have not before. Please adjust the layout so that the "prize" ohm hours do not remove an opt out button. I also noticed that if I happen to have opted in and filled out the questionnaire on what I was doing to "unplug" then I could not opt out later ( we were leaving home but ended up having to stay for my medical reasons). That was a while ago so I am not sure if that is still a thing also.

Thank you for working hard on the program!
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 5Member
    Just a heads up, this isn't the first time that this has happened but your layout does not give the option to "opt out". This is both with the link and within the Android app. I have missed out on points and streaks because of this. I have checked afterwards before and there weren't protections.

I am now bringing this up and I am sorry I have not before. Please adjust the layout so that the "prize" ohm hours do not remove an opt out button. I also noticed that if I happen to have opted in and filled out the questionnaire on what I was doing to "unplug" then I could not opt out later ( we were leaving home but ended up having to stay for my medical reasons). That was a while ago so I am not sure if that is still a thing also.

(I have a screenshot but I am not allowed to upload)
  • samkleesamklee Posts: 68Member, Administrator, Moderator

@Cynna said:

(I have a screenshot but I am not allowed to upload)

@Cynna, I'm sorry you lost points and streaks due to what sounds like an obvious bug on our part. Let me take a look at your account in detail and I'll rectify any issues due to any problems with our platform/backend.

Sam
    Team OhmConnect

p.s. we're about to "sunset" Prize OhmHours as we're gearing up for another exciting MEGA Summer (2019)! More on this soon, but you heard it hear first. :)

edited May 2

@samklee

This will possibly be the best sunset of 2019, to date!

• lepohmlepohm Posts: 13Member

@samklee

Agreed! Time to open "the special occasion" bottle of wine! :smile:

• SFPowerSaverSFPowerSaver SFPosts: 42Member

Great news! Can't wait. Thanks Sam