Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Diamond Status error

KolchakKolchak FresnoPosts: 41Member

Once Diamond Status was established I was upgraded due to my saving percentage being over 92%, and I now haven't had an OhmHour since December 18th. By checking in daily I do remember seeing that I was still Diamond status earlier this month, but now my status has dropped to Silver and my savings percentage has dropped to 88% (which should still be Diamond status since it is over the 80% minimum). Why have I been downgraded? Has anyone else noticed their status dropping?

Best Answer

Answers

• Steve ESteve E Posts: 329Member, Moderator

@Kolchak

I just checked my dashboard and I am at Diamond with my current savings at 86%. My last #OhmHour was on 1/7

• CKWMCKWM Fremont, CAPosts: 241Member
    Let's see your screen capture @Kolchak
  • KolchakKolchak FresnoPosts: 41Member

@Steve E @CKWM Thanks for replying. Here is a view of my current status showing Silver and my 88%. Last week I was at 92% and Diamond level. I'm not sure what happened. And my last OhmHour was on December 18th.

UPDATE: As of today I'm still Silver but now my percentage has dropped to 85%. @samklee is there a reason why I lost Diamond status and why my percentage continues to drop without having any OhmHours?

@UkiwiS That has to be the reason. Thanks. I do have less than 20 OhmHours over the past 6 months. I'm sure it's affecting others too.

• John KJohn K Lake Forest - Hikers and Bikers TeamPosts: 585Member

@Kolchak said:
    I do have less than 20 OhmHours over the past 6 months.

So, on your dashboard, has the description of the 85% changed, or does it still say, "Average last 20 OhmHours over 6 months?"

@John K It still says "Average last 20 OhmHours over 6 months". And as of today my number has now dropped to 75% with Silver status.

• SD ChipSD Chip Posts: 146Member

Any resolution on this?
    I am having this problem as well. Dropped to Silver, but at 68% savings.

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,607Member, Moderator

@samklee Can you take a look at this?

• John KJohn K Lake Forest - Hikers and Bikers TeamPosts: 585Member
    edited May 28

@SD Chip said:
    Any resolution on this?

So, could you have less than 20 OHs over the last 6 mos? Evidently when that happens, the dashboard continues to indicate that the average shown is for 20 events over the last 6 mos, but it is actually not really 20 events, or if it is the avg of the last 20 events, they occur over a longer timeframe than 6 mos.

edited May 28

I did count my OHM hours from my csv sheet, and I did count 17 "point" ohm hours over the last 6 months. Prize Ohm hours do not show up on the spreadsheet, but I know I have had at least 4. So does that count towards my 20??

Also....Are they still going with 20 Ohm Hours to upgrade your status?
    This says otherwise...

• MomofajsmMomofajsm Posts: 4Member
    I am at diamond status which it says i get 2.5Xmy points. So my points are 141 X 2.5 should be 352pts. I was only given 1.5 X my points 212. Has anyone else had this problem? I noticed that the calcs on all my diamond status ohm hours are incorrect.
    > @Momofajsm said:
    > I am at diamond status which it says i get 2.5Xmy points. So my points are 141 X 2.5 should be 352pts. I was only given 1.5 X my points 212. Has anyone else had this problem? I noticed that the calcs on all my diamond status ohm hours are incorrect.

You're on a 2.5 X "multiplier".

Base Points X ( 1 + 1.5) = 2.5 X points. There you go....confused? Yep....we've all been there.
  • jserramcjserramc Posts: 333Member

I've noticed this too, I think OC counts the one you would get regardless of status as one of those in the multiplier. I was hoping for something like 3 times when I started but alas unless it was something like mega the max I get is as stated above, base plus 1.5x = TOTAL of 2.5x. VEry confusing.

edited June 2

can anyone figure this one? I reduced 2x what they asked (-0.60) (my total -0.120) and they indicate I reduced -100%. Isn't -100% the same as going over my forrecast twice? (hope this image appears)--and for this great effort I got 18 points (plus 100from buddy--which would mean my buddy actually saved 300%?

@jserramc said:
    can anyone figure this one? I reduced 2x what they asked (-0.60) (my total -0.120) and they indicate I reduced -100%. Isn't -100% the same as going over my forrecast twice? (hope this image appears)--and for this great effort I got 18 points (plus 100from buddy--which would mean my buddy actually saved 300%?

First off, you have Solar, right? That's the only way to have a negative forecast. Secondly, you probably should restrict your participation to periods when you are NOT a net generator. The danger, is that a cloudy period during an OhmHour will potentially cause you to miss your forecast and bust your streak. With a negative forecast for 6-7pm your average over the last 10 eligible periods shows you are a net generator during that time period. When negative numbers are involved it's not really possible to figure the numbers out so I wouldn't bother.

BTW, 100% reduction would normally mean you used ZERO vs some other forecast number.

Be thankful OhmConnect extend this to us Solar People and allow us to participate...they don't have to do that.

yes I am solar and usually try to limit my time to 7PM (but this 6 PM was because I did not get around to changing after time change). I changed it now and am aware that those clouds can certainly mess me up. but with OC it seems negative numbers don't seem to follow the rules of standard math. And to get a paltry 18 cents for this effort...

@jserramc
    What would you consider an adequate reward for saving 0.06 kWh??

It's not that I'm saving a set figure, isn't it the percentage we are after? So If my usage is low to begin with and I am asked to save (example) 10%, and you are a high user and asked to save the same 10%. of course my numbers would be totally different from yours. Yet we are both saving 10%. Furthermore, OC now changed my figures and gave me even less for this event.

edited June 4

@jserramc said:
    It's not that I'm saving a set figure, isn't it the percentage we are after? So If my usage is low to begin with and I am asked to save (example) 10%, and you are a high user and asked to save the same 10%. of course my numbers would be totally different from yours. Yet we are both saving 10%. Furthermore, OC now changed my figures and gave me even less for this event.

We are paid based on the kWh saved. If a user has a forecast of 10 kWH and they save 5 kWh they should be paid a lot more than the person that saves 100% of a 1kWh forecast, right? The former's saving is 5 X the latter. That's just the way it works and the way OC is paid per kWh.

https://www.ohmconnect.com/faq/participating-in-ohmhours/how-do-you-calculate-my-ohmhour-results

Your forecast has updated because there would have been data missing that has now been populated. You would have been able to see that when you clicked the OhmHour detail prior to it being updated. In the past with incomplete data you might have seen a "TBD" on the dashboard for a number of days.

I remember the days of TBD but to change the forecast on me after I've already participated also does not make sense. If they take the last 10 days and average it out and ask you to base your usage/reduction on that, then it should be that figure, not one they come up with minutes before the event or even after the event.

@samklee Still waiting on an answer of why my Status dropped to Silver, when I am at 68% savings.

• samkleesamklee Posts: 72Member, Administrator, Moderator

@SD Chip said:
    Any resolution on this?

Let me look into this. Hang in there.

• BuhbuhBuhbuh Posts: 1Member

@samklee same issue here

@samklee Still hanging on waiting for an answer.

• brisbanehardwarebrisbanehardware Posts: 1Member

Same with me. My Status dropped to Silver, when I am at 80% savings and 34 in a row.

• TamalTamal Posts: 7Member

I have this same problem. I've chatted in and gotten no response.

• sandysaversandysaver Posts: 6Member

Same problem, I'm silver, when I have 80% savings average and a streak of 80+.