Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Mega Summer starts June 3!

samkleesamklee Posts: 72Member, Administrator, Moderator
edited May 21 in MEGA Summer 2019

Hi Everyone, our forums have become a wilderness of past posts, making it hard to have a common discussion around new, relevant issues and topics. And I can think of no other more relevant topic than starting up another gangbuster Summer for our users and OhmConnect.

So how are you feeling about MEGA this year?

Comments

• Mary_Sean_KorkosMary_Sean_Korkos Lancaster Ca 93536Posts: 45Member
    edited May 17
    Glad you asked Samklee
    I am excited about what kind of reductions my home family, and my team (Powerdowners) family can achieve. I have even given my team a challenge to have 5 #OhmHours with a team usage total of zero/negative kWh, and I will gift 3 team members a TP Link energy monitoring Wi-Fi Smart Plug, and 1 team member will be gifted 5000 points. ($50.00) The challenge dates are from June 2 thru August 25. I am hoping between regular and MEGA #OhmHours, my team will be seeing massive usage reductions, and MEGA earnings. So bring on MEGA Summer and send me every MEGA and regular #OhmHour that you got.
    I guess you could say, I'm a bit excited!!
  • jserramcjserramc Posts: 325Member

I'm confused by the last FB post about this. Prizes are clearly mentioned for some MEGA events. Yet the same post indicates prizes are on hold. So will MEGA be a mix of prizes and points?

• samkleesamklee Posts: 72Member, Administrator, Moderator

@jserramc, good question. Prize OhmHours will be on hold until next Winter. But, we will still be giving away various prizes throughout the Summer as an additional incentive, attached to our regular, points-based OhmHours.

• CraigWCraigW Posts: 46Member

Well @samklee I'm excited and looking forward to Mega savings, although that might be because I'm also an SCE customer and to be, the bigger news is OhmConnect and SCE getting their issue fixed. Put in my first cash out request. Looking forward to summer to rebuild my points!

• Brad MooreBrad Moore Posts: 11Member

Ohm Connect is scam, don't you see?

• laurelrpatton-comlaurelrpatton-com Posts: 21Member

So if I am understanding this correctly—instead of getting the points we earn multiplied X2, as we did last year, we will instead be getting just regular points and a prize. Is that right?

• kbrooke-kingkbrooke-king Posts: 1Member
    I keep seeing news from Ohmconnect about Prize Hours and Mega events, but I do not seem able to enter. Am I disqualified for some reason? I’ve sent inquiries to Ohmconnect twice, and have been acknowledged, but not gotten any resolution. I want to participate, but fee excluded. Any help?
  • daniel-sidelskydaniel-sidelsky Posts: 20Member

Agreed, I've never gotten a prize or mega ohm hour and I've done like 25 of them.

• CKWMCKWM Fremont, CAPosts: 238Member
    I had 1 Mega in March and this is what it looked like for me.

I also participated in my first Summer Mega on 6/5, but haven't gotten the results for it yet.

I have another Mega coming up tomorrow 6/10 that I look forward to participating in.
  • dkruidhofgdkruidhofg Posts: 1Member

I have a 3-hour OhmHour tomorrow. And it's not a Mega. So... I guess I'm more confused than excited. Is it even safe to have my fridge and freezer off for that long?

I won 50 points for my OhmHour last week and that's with Diamond Status and a streak of 79. Definitely getting less and less excited about OhmHours. If that streak ever breaks I'll be done putting any effort into it. It's barely worth the reward now and without the streak multiplier, it won't be worth the 20 cent reward.

edited June 12

I forgot to plug my fridge back on once for 7 hours. Both fridge and freezer were ok. As long as the doors stay shut 3 hours should not be a problem. More problematic concern I have read about is a hot house (not using A/C) during these long events, especially if there are medical issues. But could be a good time to leave the house!
    re low payout--I got a whopping 13 cents a few weeks ago. Add buddy bonus brought it up to $1.13...but it is hard to justify effort for a few cents reward.

• NlindsayNlindsay San Diego Posts: 89Member

@jserramc said:
    Both fridge and greezer were ok.

Lol! Is a greezer like a geezer greaser?

thanks, adjusted my typo.

@dkruidhofg said:

I have a 3-hour OhmHour tomorrow. And it's not a Mega. So... I guess I'm more confused than excited. Is it even safe to have my fridge and freezer off for that long?

I won 50 points for my OhmHour last week and that's with Diamond Status and a streak of 79. Definitely getting less and less excited about OhmHours. If that streak ever breaks I'll be done putting any effort into it. It's barely worth the reward now and without the streak multiplier, it won't be worth the 20 cent reward.

That 3 hour dispatch is unusual. I'll get more info once the dust settles on the last minute flex alert / mega OH that went out. The last 3 hour OH predates my arrival at OhmConnect, but I'm guessing it's an extremely rare circumstance.

@kbrooke-king said:
    I keep seeing news from Ohmconnect about Prize Hours and Mega events, but I do not seem able to enter. Am I disqualified for some reason? I’ve sent inquiries to Ohmconnect twice, and have been acknowledged, but not gotten any resolution. I want to participate, but fee excluded. Any help?

@kbrooke-king, let me look into it.

Sam

• mirugreymirugrey Posts: 1Member
    Why are my forecast/goals suddenly super low like .15 kWh now that the summer heat is here? Not worth it at all. If my goals don’t go up, I’m done with OhmConnect.

I have low goals since I use little to begin with. 2 hr event my goal was less than 1 kWh which I exceeded and netted $13. Also look at time of day--maybe changing your acceptance hours to evening only when most people are using more power will help.

• daniel-sidelskydaniel-sidelsky Posts: 20Member

It says Mega Summer started June 3rd and I've had two Ohm Hours since then and they've both been normal ones. When will I get a Mega Ohm Hour?

• cwiedcwied San MateoPosts: 135Member

I just wanted to make a brief comment that it is a little weird that PG&E's data delays mean that last week's OhmHour was credited this week when I had two other mega OhmHours. So for three OhmHours (covering four hours since one was the flex-alert double), I only get one star towards the grand prize and only one entry in the drawing.

It seems to me that users shouldn't be penalized in this way for PG&E's problems. Maybe the stars towards the grand prize should be awarded on a per-OhmHour basis rather than per-week.

In reality I don't really care that much about the drawing entries, but in my opinion the user experience when this happens could be improved.

scam for you maybe but money in my pocket.

I earned 4263 points on the last one and 3493 on the one before. So I'm happy with OhmConnect again!

• The Little Ohmer TwinsThe Little Ohmer Twins Union CityPosts: 1,014Moderator
    @laurelrpatton-com How did you earn so many points?!?! Do you have a high baseline? Curious what it is and how much you save. Please share!
    I flip off my circuit breakers for every OhmHour.. i’ll have to check my baseline to let you know. We do have solar, though. which should make the baseline lower. I got the same awesome results last summer with Mega hours. Do you turn off your circuit breakers?

I checked my baseline, and on the most tecent 2-hour Megas which earned me the most points, my baselines were 1.22 and 1.33.

• Daniel PoonDaniel Poon Posts: 13Member
    No Mega ohmhours for me this year. Only regular ohmhours. I wonder if I should submit a help request?

did you alter your choices? Many users opted in for certain types of hours several months ago. Check your status.

• The Little Ohmer TwinsThe Little Ohmer Twins Union CityPosts: 1,014Moderator
    Or just select the choice to only get Mega OhmHours.
  • monrautmonraut Posts: 7Member

Same here just 1 megaohm hour at the begining in June. No Mega after that. I logged support & they said you will have only 1 in the whole month. But I didn't have any in the month of July. Last year it was way better I think there was mega ohm hour every week or other. Even the regular ohm hours are few. The Ohmconnect steam seems to be dying off.