Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Wrong usage data received by Ohmconnect

KITTY LAUKITTY LAU Posts: 3Member
I’m a diamond member of Ohmconnect and have 128 in row of ohmhour saving record, I participated every ohmhour earn points every time, my average usage during ohmhour is 0 to 0.04 kWh since May 2019, but since May 2019, all the usage data received by Ohmconnect are wrong , because I did participated on ohmhour and turn off almost everything in my home that use electricity, I also did turn off the main switch on the last ohmhour , I have a real-time meter which can showing the real-time usage , so last ohmhour my meter show “Zero” usage since I turned off the main switch, but Ohmconnect receive data from SCE said I did use 1.366 kWh, but which is no-way to use that much electricity with main switch turned off, so anyone with Ohmconnect experience with same problem and any advice on how to fix it??

Comments

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,591Member, Moderator
    @KITTY LAU

OhmConnect use the data from SCE. The first step here is to see what they are providing.

Logon to SCE and download your usage data and compare it to what OC has posted.
  • KITTY LAUKITTY LAU Posts: 3Member
    @UkiwiS thanks for you comment, but I can’t get any usage data information from SCE account page since May 2019, always show data delay!!
    edited June 11
    > @KITTY LAU said:
    > @UkiwiS thanks for you comment, but I can’t get any usage data information from SCE account page since May 2019, always show data delay!!

That's the root cause of the issue....and it lies with SCE. You need to either wait for it to come right or you need to put pressure on SCE. If you contact them, don"t mention being an OhmConnect customer just tell them your usage is showing it's delayed and you want it fixed.
  • NlindsayNlindsay San Diego Posts: 86Member

@KITTY LAU I know someone who is having the same issue with SCE. She flipped her breakers but it showed something like 1.8kwh usage for that ohmhour. Her buddy had missing data from SCE as well and contacted them about it.

The response from SCE was
    "The information showing is not currently correct. Our Technical Support team is aware of the issue and has provided an ETA of approximately one week. We remain hopeful this issue will be resolved as soon as possible."

• alibolzgalibolzg Posts: 1Member

This happened to me over the past weekend (I am a PGE customer though). I flipped my breakers over the last ohmhour and ohmconnect is reporting that I used 0.5kwh. For the effort my family put into not using power at all for 1 hour, this is really frustrating, and makes me question to accuracy in general.

edited June 25
    @alibolzg

Hard to understand but the fault lies with PGE not OhmConnect. You can confirm by downloading your PGE data....that's what OC uses. They have probably provided estimated data and that's all OC has so they use it.

When PGE provide updated data, your results will be updated by OhmConnect. Do you understand?

If you are prepared to put in the effort, you can confirm both your forecast and usage. I've been doing exactly that for 2+ years and the numbers are 100% accurate.

Please keep us updated. It'll help the next person with the same issue.
  • benjipittmanbenjipittman Posts: 4Member
    I just got my results in for 6/23, and my usage data is most certainly incorrect. My family and I observed the ohmhour carefully, by turning off every power consuming device in our home, and playing a board game by candlelight in the heat. Our usage wasn’t just a little high - it was more than double what it should’ve been. We don’t even hit that much when we use major appliances while having multiple TVs and other devices going. This issue has caused us to lose a major steak, and is beyond discouraging. I’ve emailed Ohmconnect about it, and I’m going to contact PG&E today, but I wanted to check in here to inquire about the likelihood that this will be rectified.

@benjipittman

Be patient, let the data come through and watch what happens. It WILL be corrected.Give it a couple of days and when it is corrected please post back here to help the next person

• jserramcjserramc Posts: 311Member

Same issue with mine. Says I saved 6%. doing the same things I do each and every ohm hour when my typical usage is 0.0something not 0.5 or 6 something which is what is says today. Once I can look at my PGE account for this date I will proceed. Also says me or my buddy failed...

• cwiedcwied San MateoPosts: 131Member

You might want to check your usage on 6/22 as well, since that affects the baseline. In my case, both the 6/22 and 6/23 usage are off. I'm hoping both will be corrected even though 6/23 is the only one mentioned in the banner.

6/22 for me seems to be in the ballpark but once my data from PGE is corrected I'll look back. June 6 there was a power outage of 60-90 minutes which PGE had no data on even 2 weeks later. this was not an OH for me (it was the day before on 6/5) but curious to see how PGE reflected it....

Looks like they've fixed my 6/22 usage now. 6/23 is still wrong for me, but I assume it won't be long before that's fixed too.

• duffeywolvinduffeywolvin Posts: 15Member

Same issue here- they are saying that I used a fairly heavy day's usage in the Ohmhour on Monday (24Jun). I confirmed with the SDG&E helpdesk that they could see the meter drop to almost zero during that hour. I'll give it a few days to see...

• judybasslajudybassla Posts: 2Member

I had same problem with jun23, now 'fixed' but the points calcs are screwy. One would think the higher the forecast the higher the points earned( we always turn off breaker and have zero use) yet that is not the case with jun23 and jun24. I will wait and see if is changed again but am not sure now if its ever done right. Don't want to play if I have to log into PGE and have homework every week checking on this.....does anyone know the formula for calculating points?

the points calculation seem to be different for each user and each ohm hour, from what I was told by OC. So if we had the exact same OH and the exact same forecast I suspect my base points would be different than yours.

I believe the base points are the same across all users for a given location. At least that's been my experience last time I compared numbers with others locally.

Hey Cwied, did you need to contact anyone to get the points fixed?

Nope - it happened automatically. Both Saturday and Sunday are correct now and Monday's OhmHour came through correctly as well. This is PG&E, not SDG&E, though.

Cool- mine corrected here also.

• cmhowald616cmhowald616 Posts: 2Member
    My PGE was estimated for June 23 and NO DATA for June 24, so I lost both of those. Contacted OC and no one will get back to me. Also havent gotten any notifications for any ohmhours in over a week now. Did I miss something?
    The weather was pretty mild this week. I didn’t get any OhmHour either this week after a pretty wild June. I would expect to see them return when it gets warmer.