Was anyone else charged 2.9% by Paypal?

BstringBstring North SD County CoastalMember Posts: 84

I cashed out recently and noticed there was a fee of 2.9%. At first I thought it was because I maybe crossed a transfer amount threshold or because I have a business account, but I called them and it was because OhmConnect marked it as payment for goods or services. I really hope this was in error and we're not all going to take another hit this year. I put a request into the chat queue, awaiting a response.

Answers

• jserramcjserramc Member Posts: 351

When I first cashed out with paypal I was told that OC listed us as "friends" so that the fee was not applied. Sure hope our "friendship" has not been severed or that we were "unfriended".

• keltonrealakeltonreala Member Posts: 32

@Bstring said:
    I cashed out recently and noticed there was a fee of 2.9%. At first I thought it was because I maybe crossed a transfer amount threshold or because I have a business account, but I called them and it was because OhmConnect marked it as payment for goods or services. I really hope this was in error and we're not all going to take another hit this year. I put a request into the chat queue, awaiting a response.

Please let us know what you find out, thanks!

• BstringBstring North SD County CoastalMember Posts: 84
    Still waiting for a response.
  • allan-g-roblesallan-g-robles Member Posts: 1
    I contacted support and they said that there should be no fees associated with cashing out with PayPal. If you did get charged, I’d recommend reaching out to them.
  • BstringBstring North SD County CoastalMember Posts: 84

Scott fixed it! Simple mistake and glad it's not a permanent change!

• mwalker2181mwalker2181 Member Posts: 2
    How long does it take to see the money in your PayPal account?
  • UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoMember, Moderator Posts: 1,625
    > @mwalker2181 said:
    > How long does it take to see the money in your PayPal account?

A day or 2 but large amounts are manually processed so it might take a week.