not seeing forecasts

MaraMara Fresno, CAMember Posts: 14

I am not seeing any forecasted numbers before an ohm hour. Not on my computer or the app. I have only seen them like the first and second time doing this. so far I have been pretty lucky.but one of the few times I went over, if I had seen the numbers I would have done things differently. What do I need t do to see my forecasted numbers?

Best Answer

Answers

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoMember, Moderator Posts: 1,625
    @Mara you should send an email to [email protected] for assistance
  • WaterGuyWaterGuy Member, Moderator Posts: 414
    edited June 2017

@Mara, just for my own curiosity's sake, why don't you just do your best during every OhmHour? Regardless of whether you participate principally to make money or help the grid/world, it seems like it would be to your advantage to reduce your use as much as you can every time, no matter the forecast value.

Also, a warning for when you do get your forecasts up and running: because there's a couple-day delay on the data OC receives from the utilities, unless the OhmHour is on a Saturday, the forecast numbers you receive ahead of time are just an estimate and will be retroactively adjusted. For example, if you have an OhmHour on a Friday, your final forecast calculation will be based on the previous 10 weekdays, but OC probably won't have received the data for Wednesday or Thursday when they first send out the notification email. I've seen my forecast drop considerably when the data are updated, so it's a little dangerous to depend on those forecast estimations, regardless.

• MaraMara Fresno, CAMember Posts: 14

thanks for the input everyone.

• jasgenjasgen Member Posts: 15

I'm looking forward to the new Forecaster Tool announced in our 7/21/17 Energy Snapshot email -- I've never seen a forecast, or don't know where / how to figure that out... I've just resorted to flipping the breaker switches on the side of the house off...