Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Buddy program

Answers

• No Pain No GainNo Pain No Gain 93035Posts: 404Member

@UkiwiS said:

@SaveTheWorld said:
    @UkiwiS I have a total of 7 but only the one on 1 Dec has awarded points. For the rest there has been no updates.

Mine have all scored but some of them took a while even when I had points for the #OhmHour. I guess at those times the points for my buddy were still outstanding which probably means that we can expect them to take longer than usual since scoring them requires the utility data for 2 customers to be available.

I'd suggest that you contact [email protected] as that seems to be taking too long.

If it's going to take longer for OC to score because they're waiting on data from one Buddy, then it will be stuck in a loop if only one Buddy had an #OH. My Buddy had an #OH Sunday and I didn't. This will get interesting.....

• WaterGuyWaterGuy Posts: 414Member, Moderator

So, to summarize, it sounds like the Buddy program works if you ask OhmConnect to automatically assign a buddy, but there may be a bug with the invite system if you want to be buddies with someone specific. I emailed the support folks and will let you know what, if anything, I hear back...

• SrelazSrelaz FullertonPosts: 118Member

If anyone can figure this out, I can use a "Buddy".

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,599Member, Moderator

@Srelaz

You have Solar. For the purposes of calculating status, Solar users are expected to save 2 kWh per event. So over 20 events that's 2 X 20 = 40 kwh...that is used as the denominator

Your forecast was 42.25 and you used 0.18 so you saved 42.25 - 0.18 = 42.07

Your percentage saved is therefore calculated to be 42.07/40 X 100 = 105....I'm not sure why you are showing 100.

• SrelazSrelaz FullertonPosts: 118Member

@UkiwiS said:
    @Srelaz

You have Solar. For the purposes of calculating status, Solar users are expected to save 2 kWh per event. So over 20 events that's 2 X 20 = 40 kwh...that is used as the denominator

Your percentage saved is therefore calculated to be 42.07/40 X 100 = 105....I'm not sure why you are showing 100.

I am not solar at all.

@Srelaz said:

@UkiwiS said:
    @Srelaz

I am not solar at all.

OK, that explains why it doesn't show 105%.

Your forecast is 42.25 and you saved 42.07. Therefore you saved 42.07/42.25 X 100 = 99.57% which rounds to 100%.

• SaveTheWorldSaveTheWorld Posts: 39Member, Moderator

@WaterGuy said:
    So, to summarize, it sounds like the Buddy program works if you ask OhmConnect to automatically assign a buddy, but there may be a bug with the invite system if you want to be buddies with someone specific. I emailed the support folks and will let you know what, if anything, I hear back...

I had my buddy assigned by the system and still it seems to be stuck. :-)

• SaveTheWorldSaveTheWorld Posts: 39Member, Moderator

@No Pain No Gain said:

@UkiwiS said:

@SaveTheWorld said:
    @UkiwiS I have a total of 7 but only the one on 1 Dec has awarded points. For the rest there has been no updates.

Mine have all scored but some of them took a while even when I had points for the #OhmHour. I guess at those times the points for my buddy were still outstanding which probably means that we can expect them to take longer than usual since scoring them requires the utility data for 2 customers to be available.

I'd suggest that you contact [email protected] as that seems to be taking too long.

If it's going to take longer for OC to score because they're waiting on data from one Buddy, then it will be stuck in a loop if only one Buddy had an #OH. My Buddy had an #OH Sunday and I didn't. This will get interesting.....

Yes this could be true.. lets see what OC has to say about it.

@WaterGuy said:

Just to clarify, my Buddy was assigned to me. He had an #OhmHour Sunday and I didn't. Looking forward to what you hear from Support. We had 3 OHs showing: 12/1, 12/8, and 12/12. Today the 12/1 that was Pending disappeared. 12/8 has been awarded. 12/12 is still Pending. I'll need to watch how this works over the next few weeks to understand it. It's new and they're obviously working out the bugs as they go, but I like this extra source of tokens and points.

@No Pain No Gain

My event on 12/1 has also disappeared. I believe that's due to the Buddy dashboard only showing the last month as the points still remain in the CSV file. Keep an eye on that to see if 12/1 eventually scores.

@UkiwiS That probably wouldn't have occurred to me until the 12/8 OH rolled off on 1/9. Buddy's 12/31 OH isn't listed, so they must not include OHs if both don't get them.

• Steve ESteve E Posts: 329Member, Moderator

A little late to the party here, but if you request to join the "Buddy" program and don't invite anyone or select the "Give Me A Buddy" option does that effectively mean you are in a pool of people that is available to people in your area who do select "Give Me A Buddy" or do you both need to choose the "Give Me A Buddy" option?

edited January 2018

@No Pain No Gain said:
    @UkiwiS That probably wouldn't have occurred to me until the 12/8 OH rolled off on 1/9. Buddy's 12/31 OH isn't listed, so they must not include OHs if both don't get them.

I was responding to this:..... "Today the 12/1 that was Pending disappeared. "

And YES, you are correct, if you don't both have them they are not included. It's my understanding that this is why both of you must be close geographically so that the chances of events occurring at the same time are maximized.

@UkiwiS Map says 17.3 miles from my street to his town. We both have the same OH tomorrow. We'll see how that works out. Solar people probably will do better with solar buddy. My saving % will probably drag the average down. :neutral:

@Steve E From what I can tell, everyone's in the pool. If you get a Buddy that doesn't participate at a level that's acceptable to you, there's an option to "Leave your buddy". I guess you just click on the button again for OC to match you up with a new Buddy. @Ben at OhmConnect is the PM for the Buddy program and matched me up with someone local. Not sure if he looks for someone who has a high % saved or if it's random.

• BenBen Posts: 33Administrator

Hey @Steve E & @No Pain No Gain, when you click the "Give me a buddy" button, we add you to a virtual pool of users. If there are two users looking to be matched and are in the same area, we will match them. At this moment, we aren't looking to match users who save a high % with others that save at a high %. In fact, we'd love you all to continue to engage with your Buddies who aren't as experienced and share how you save!

That being said, if you are unhappy with your buddy, feel free to leave them and request another.

@Ben at OhmConnect - I just happened to look at the Buddy option from the dashboard and see I now have a buddy. I never received any notification that I had a buddy assigned. Is this normal or is it a glitch?

• WaterGuyWaterGuy Posts: 414Member, Moderator

@Ben at OhmConnect, in case it's helpful for Engineering as they try to track down the issue, some other users described the same problem with buddies not receiving invite emails in the first page of this thread:

edited January 2018

@Steve E said:
    @Ben at OhmConnect - I just happened to look at the Buddy option from the dashboard and see I now have a buddy. I never received any notification that I had a buddy assigned. Is this normal or is it a glitch?

@Steve E If I wouldn't have been on the Buddy screen when I was given a Buddy, I wouldn't have known until I started getting tokens or points from the Buddy program.

I saw somewhere that they're working on sending notifications when a new post appears on the activity stream, but I think notifications for anything that has to do with our interactions with #OhmConnect would be very useful.

If I don't check my Buddy screen, I don't know that he's messaged me. Same with the Forums. I have to check if there's a red marker on the top right corner to know if I've had a reply.

Hopefully the notification upgrade will happen soon.

@No Pain No Gain

With respect for the forums and notifications, check your settings. Mine are set so I get notified via email whenever someone comments on the forum...you can change them here:

There's lots of things you can turn on and off:

• The Little Ohmer TwinsThe Little Ohmer Twins Union CityPosts: 1,014Moderator
    When you try to get matched with a buddy, it says they’ll let you know, but looks like they don’t have a notification system in place for that yet.

@UkiwiS I have both Email and Popups checked. Maybe they're interfering with each other. I'll remove the popups and see if that makes a difference. Thanks!

• Mr BatmanMr Batman Posts: 7Member

Can someone explain where to find the buddy page and how to get into the program? I have all the pre-requisites (higher than silver, not on a team, not in a buddy pair) but I can't find it anywhere. Am I going crazy...?

@Mr Batman said:
    Can someone explain where to find the buddy page and how to get into the program? I have all the pre-requisites (higher than silver, not on a team, not in a buddy pair) but I can't find it anywhere. Am I going crazy...?

You should see an option on the dashboard screen at the top left of the screen

https://login.ohmconnect.com/dashboard

• Mr BatmanMr Batman Posts: 7Member

Nope. My Dashboard says "OhmConnect - Team - Connect - Store - Help" at the top. No buddy page.

However, looking at the URLs for team and connect, I guessed that this would be the right URL:
    https://login.ohmconnect.com/buddy

And lo and behold, now it shows up on my dashboard. Weird.

Hi @Steve E , @AKPsi Vince, @No Pain No Gain , @WaterGuy - thanks for posting those other issues. We're looking into it as we speak. You'll be getting notifications when you receive points as part of your Buddy team, though. We are currently looking to expand our Buddy program to others and we will keep you posted! Please keep tagging me if you find other notification issues

edited January 2018

@ Mr Batman Glad you found the Buddy link. If you were looking for it while in the forums, you're not going crazy! :smiley: it isn't listed at the top of this page. If you Click on OhmConnect, it will always be the first one listed on your dashboard. Did you get a Buddy?

@Ben at OhmConnect - I was assigned a buddy just after I initially joined the buddy program and very shortly afterwards I got a message along the lines that my buddy left. It has been several days since then and I still don't have a buddy now.

@Steve E have you requested a new buddy?

@Ben at OhmConnect said:
    @Steve E have you requested a new buddy?

Yes I did a couple of times. I wasn't sure if I needed to use the "Give me a buddy" button again but I thought it couldn't hurt to use it. I know I've clicked the button on at least two different days since losing my previous buddy

This discussion has been closed.