Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Buddy program

Answers

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,607Member, Moderator
    @No Pain No Gain

Well done. If you have a self cleaning oven, give that a go too. ;)
  • No Pain No GainNo Pain No Gain 93035Posts: 404Member
    edited February 2018

@UkiwiS :open_mouth: Yes! That needs to be done and would really give me a boost! Thanks!

Another tip: On days I have an OhmHour, I keep my usage as low as possible since OhmHour event days are not calculated into future forecasts. I don't want to waste my energy on days that don't count.

@No Pain No Gain Totally. I NEVER charge my EV on a day there's an Ohmhour unless I need it fully charged for the next day. Instead I move recharging to other days and I only do it during thr most likely OhmHour timeslots.
  • fabwashhfabwashh Posts: 5Member

@John K said:
    @fabwashh, did you originally ask to have a buddy assigned and then decided it wasn't for you? I ask because, as I understand it, you should not be in the program unless you requested it. BTW, I feel somewhat like yourself -- my limited window (hours) of acceptance would make me a lousy partner for someone wanting to participate in all OHs.

Hi,
    the letter I received about the buddy system says that i will get one assigned automatically, but it seems that if I unbuddy I won't get a new one unless I ask for it, so that's good enough for me :)

• komalagakomalaga Posts: 7Member

@AKPsi Vince said:
    @DarrenT I’m pretty sure your buddy’s low performance will not negatively impact your streak and the points associated with it. It just means you won’t receive “Buddy Bonus Points”.

I’m sad that my Buddy doesn’t talk to me either. At least there’s a self serve feature to leave your buddy and have OC find me a new one. I’m just waiting for OC’s System to notify me (by email?) when it’s found me another buddy. I guess i’ll Check the website in case it found one, but just didn’t tell me.

@Ben at OhmConnect How does OC define a “user’s [local] area? And how does a user confirm whether or not another user is in his/her area?

I wish @Ben at OhmConnect can confirm the above statement, "Buddy's negative performance should not impact our streak or our points." Buddy should have only positive impact and no way a negative one ?

@komalaga From my own experience, the Buddy program does not impact your streak, points or tokens in a negative way. If your Buddy does not beat their forecast, the only way it affects you is you won't get 100 tokens (you both need to beat your forecast). I'm not sure if you'll still be awarded Buddy points for the % saved if your Buddy doesn't beat their forecast, but you will not lose points, tokens or your streak in this program.
    The same holds true for helping your Buddy's streak or %saved. You have no influence on their performance during an OhmHour. You both should do the best you can for yourselves. As Buddies, you can earn 100 tokens and extra Buddy points by increasing your %saved.

If you both beat your streak you get 100 tokens. You also get between 0 and 100 points based on your average savings. If your buddy beats and saves 20% vs forecast and you beat and save 80% vs your forecast, you both get 50 points, the calculation is (20+80)/2.=50

If you beat and he doesn't, you get zero tokens and zero points from the buddy program. You still earn your regular points because you beat your forecast and your streak extends by one. Your buddy, because he missed probably scored negative points and lost his streak.

In my opinion, joining buddy results in a net win for you as a user. You will earn more tokens and you will earn more points. You will NEVER lose tokens or points as a result of joining buddy.

JOINBUDDYNOW

• SD ChipSD Chip Posts: 146Member
    edited March 2018

The buddy program is GREAT!!

And....in addition to the points, 100 tokens per ohm hour!!
    You are missing out if you don't participate....Right Greg?? (My Buddy)

• DarrenTDarrenT Posts: 62Member

@komalaga @No Pain No Gain I can confirm from first hand experience that your buddy failing to save does not negatively impact your own streak. Neither of you will get the buddy bonus or tokens for that OhmHour, but as long as you saved, you will get the points calculated in the same way and your streak will continue.

• NlindsayNlindsay San Diego Posts: 93Member

Has anyone seen different percentages in the performance section vs the activity section?
    When I click on my last buddy OhmHour in Performance it says we saved 42% but the notification in Activity says 39% also I was paid only 39points. So what's with the 42%?

• The Little Ohmer TwinsThe Little Ohmer Twins Union CityPosts: 1,014Moderator

@Ben at OhmConnect or @Sophie OhmConnect Perhaps one of you can address this discrepancy?

edited March 2018

@nlindsay The performance dates I can see are February dates, but the one showing in the Activity side is dated March 8th. Are you matching up the date of OhmHour with the correct Buddy points? It would help if the notification had the OhmHour date, but when we're not sure, we check on the csv report. The 42% has the arrow pointing at an OhmHour prior to 2/25, and you have 2 notifications showing in March, which is why I ask. Scroll over all the Performance circles and you should be able to see 38 and 39 matching up with the last 2 OhmHours that were processed.
    You noted: When I click on my last buddy OhmHour in Performance it says we saved 42%
    The one on the left in Performance isn't your LAST OhmHour. The one on the right is actually the latest.

• Mary_Sean_KorkosMary_Sean_Korkos Lancaster Ca 93536Posts: 45Member

@SD Chip said:
    The buddy program is GREAT!!

@SD Chip you and your buddy are doing great. I see you have multiple__ reward for buddy demand response for 2/9/18__
    Is this for multiple #OhmHour participation on the same day?

@Mary_Sean_Korkos The date on @SD Chip 's spreadsheet is the date OC paid the reward. The date of the OhmHour isn't shown, but it's a couple fields to the right of the points on that spreadsheet. OC was behind because of missing data, so when they caught up, they paid rewards on the same day. :smiley:

• BenBen Posts: 33Administrator

Hi @nlindsay, that is confusing. But yes, I believe @No Pain No Gain has it right - the page is probably not showing you exactly the correct #OhmHour, especially if the #OhmHour you are referencing in the activity stream is older.

@No Pain No Gain My performance section lists the newest OhmHour on the left side.. I'm guessing this isn't normal?
    @Ben at OhmConnect I'm pretty sure I'm matching up the dates correctly. I wish the little pop up showing the % didn't cover the dates.

@nlindsay Well, one of us has the Performance dates listed in a way that's not "normal", but I'm not sure if it's you or me.
    @Ben at OhmConnect Which way should the Performance dates be scrolling off? Oldest on the left, like mine? Or oldest on the right, like nlindsay's?

If your 3/1 and 3/10 Buddy award matched up, it could be the 3/6 award was adjusted from 42 down to 39 if the OhmHour had been using estimated data. Were OH points lowered for you or your Buddy for that event? When that's happened to us, though, the Performance gets changed, too, so that's a little strange and confusing.

@nlindsay Yesterday, my Buddy told me his Performance dates were changed and he now has the oldest scrolling off to the left. Did you see a change, too? Do the Buddy points match up now?

My performance dates are now scrolling normal like yours @No Pain No Gain
    The points still show 42% and 39% and rewarded 39pts. I dont see any adjustments on my side, maybe my buddy was adjusted, sadly they don't talk to me so idk... :'(

I'm sorry your buddy doesn't talk to you, @nlindsay Maybe they don't know where the Buddy page is. Have you ever seen your buddy post there? @Ben at OhmConnect Is there a way you could add a Buddy alert to the dashboard when there's been activity on the Buddy page?

• KolchakKolchak FresnoPosts: 41Member

Are we suppose to get notifications when a buddy sends a message or just look for one on the buddy page?

@Kolchak @Ben at OhmConnect said they were going to add Buddy notifications, but so far I only get notifications if I have Buddy points. I check on my Buddy page during the day to see if my Buddy posted a comment.

@No Pain No Gain Thanks. My buddy hasn't responded to the two messages I sent thru the Buddy page and the only message they posted on the buddy page was a smiley face the day before I found out I had a buddy. Since then I have sent two messages thru the buddy page but got no response and they don't "LIKE" the post to acknowledge they even saw it within the buddy page. I've been Platinum status for a while now and save over 80% per OhmHour and have a nice personal streak going, but two of the past four buddy OhmHours have failed to earn points. It would be nice to be paired with another Platinum member. The last successful buddy OhmHour only collected 47 points.

@Kolchak You can click on "Leave your Buddy" in the Buddy Team box on the Buddy page. Then ask for a new one. I have a fantastic buddy who communicates every single day. Our highest Buddy points for saving was 99 for the 3/9 #OhmHour. Not bragging (much :wink: ), just letting you know there are good Buddies out there. Good luck with your next one!

• Mary_Sean_KorkosMary_Sean_Korkos Lancaster Ca 93536Posts: 45Member

@nlindsay said:
    My performance dates are now scrolling normal like yours @No Pain No Gain
    The points still show 42% and 39% and rewarded 39pts. I dont see any adjustments on my side, maybe my buddy was adjusted, sadly they don't talk to me so idk... :'(

@Kolchak said:
    @No Pain No Gain Thanks. My buddy hasn't responded to the two messages I sent thru the Buddy page and the only message they posted on the buddy page was a smiley face the day before I found out I had a buddy. Since then I have sent two messages thru the buddy page but got no response and they don't "LIKE" the post to acknowledge they even saw it within the buddy page. I've been Platinum status for a while now and save over 80% per OhmHour and have a nice personal streak going, but two of the past four buddy OhmHours have failed to earn points. It would be nice to be paired with another Platinum member. The last successful buddy OhmHour only collected 47 points.

I know how you feel, I haven't heard a peep from my buddy either. I sent her a message today and asked her to please respond , to see if she even knows we are buddies. But I must say we have made many quite a few points from our #OhmHours. We average about 65 points per, so I'm not complaining. I'm just wondering in the words of Reba...Is there life out there.lol

Thanks @No Pain No Gain . 99 is a great number to have for buddy points. My last few buddy points have been: 47, 0, 78, 55, and 0.
    @Mary_Sean_Korkos , I'd be happy with an average of 65 points too!

@No Pain No Gain said:
    @nlindsay Yesterday, my Buddy told me his Performance dates were changed and he now has the oldest scrolling off to the left. Did you see a change, too? Do the Buddy points match up now?

Ever since the change it hasn't shown any new or upcoming shared ohmhours. I feel like somethin' ain't quite right... lol
    @No Pain No Gain can you ask your buddy if his performance section is showing upcoming or pending buddy ohmhours correctly?

• John KJohn K Lake Forest - Hikers and Bikers TeamPosts: 585Member

@Mary_Sean_Korkos said:
    I'm just wondering in the words of Reba...Is there life out there.lol

Maybe,
    She's never learned how
    To live for today

• SD ChipSD Chip Posts: 146Member

The Ohm hours for last week didn't sync up for us. I had one on the 22nd....his was on the 23rd. Can't get any buddy points with that system!!!

• John KJohn K Lake Forest - Hikers and Bikers TeamPosts: 585Member

@SD Chip said:
    The Ohm hours for last week didn't sync up for us. I had one on the 22nd....his was on the 23rd. Can't get any buddy points with that system!!!

Did OC provide you with this buddy, or did you decide on your own to hook up? I'm guessing the former.

This discussion has been closed.