Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Streak Shield card mechanics

Is the Streak Shield card only applied to the Ohmhour immediately following your purchase of the card? Do you need to manually activate it if you think you went over your forecast? Anyone have experience with this card?

Best Answer

Answers

• Daniel PrimichDaniel Primich Posts: 21Member

@UkiwiS said:
    No, it is my understanding that it is applied only when your streak is broken. If you buy this card today and you lose your streak in July 2018 you would be covered for that event.You'd keep your streak and lose the card in July

Thanks @UkiwiS , that's how I was hoping it worked. Pretty powerful card to have in your back pocket!

• Kate from OhmConnectKate from OhmConnect Posts: 1,049Administrator

The streak shield is implemented for the first event processed after you purchase the card.

@Kate from OhmConnect said:
    The streak shield is implemented for the first event processed after you purchase the card.

Thanks @Kate from OhmConnect. So does that mean that the card is applied retroactively to the most recent OhmHour? For example, let's say that I have an Ohmhour on a Thursday night, and after the hour I'm fairly certain that I went over my forecast. So then I purchase the streak shield card and regardless of whether I was over/under my forecast the card would be used for that Ohmhour?

I'm a little concerned if this is the case, because I commonly have 3-4 results that remain "TBD" for extended periods of time. I just had 4 ohmhours dating back to 1/17 that were all processed at the same time yesterday. Would this disrupt the mechanics of the card?

Sorry, this is still a bit confusing to me, and at such a high cost I would not want to spend tokens without fully understanding how the card will be applied.

• No Pain No GainNo Pain No Gain 93035Posts: 404Member

@Kate from OhmConnect said:

@Daniel Primich I'm not understanding the mechanics after Kate's post, either. What is meant by processed? I buy the Streak Shield card today. I have an OhmHour Saturday and beat my forecast. After Saturday's OhmHour (event) is processed, my Streak Shield card is considered used, whether I beat my forecast or I went over my forecast?

I was hoping it worked the way @UkiwiS explained it. You buy the card today and hold onto it as insurance for when you go over your forecast. Instead of losing your streak, you cash in your card and keep your streak.

@Kate from OhmConnect Can you clarify which of these scenarios is correct for the Streak Shield card? I'm a few hundred tokens away from buying one, but not going to waste 8500 tokens if I know I'm not going over my forecast.

• dgoddarddgoddard Posts: 13Member
    edited February 2018

Me too. I can't imagine it working any other way. I view it like a "get out of jail free" card in Monopoly. Once you get it, hang on to it until its needed. I don't loose my get out of jail free card when i am "Just Visiting" .

• dgoddarddgoddard Posts: 13Member

Me too. I can't imagine it working any other way. I view it like a "get out of jail free" card in Monopoly. Once you get it, hang on to it until its needed. I don't loose my get out of jail free card when i am "Just Visiting" .

• SD ChipSD Chip Posts: 146Member
    edited February 2018

Would love a more detailed response @Kate from OhmConnect
    The FAQ states as follows:
    __Purchasing a Streak Shield card is your insurance from losing your streak the next time you go over your forecast during an #OhmHour.

Once purchased, the Streak Shield waits for you to go over on an #OhmHour. Once you do, the card springs into action: automatically preserving your streak and keeping your streak bonus intact!

(Keep in mind, you will still lose points for that #OhmHour since you didn't beat your forecast.)__

The FAQ for the Token section states the following:

details:

I feel like I've made a major purchase and drained my bank account, but this is going to give me peace of mind for many #OhmHours to come!

Congrats on your purchase, @No Pain No Gain . Getting close to 8500 tokens to buy one as well. Please confirm for us if the card is retained after an ohmhour in which you beat your forecast. That's how I'm hoping it works.

@Daniel Primich I bought the card around noon on Sunday and had an OhmHour at 7pm Sunday. I haven't gotten the results yet, which means it hasn't processed. I know I beat my forecast. The card says it forgives one OH overage, so I'm hoping to hang onto this for a very long time! :smile:

Hey @No Pain No Gain , any update on the card?

Daniel, I've had 3 OhmHours, 2 are still TBD, and the other has paid off, Streak Shield still there, Pretty sure it's safe to buy one when you have the tokens. Working toward a Baseline Boost next. :smile:

• vvranglervvrangler Posts: 17Member
    So it’s been a month and still no official word from anyone at OhmConnect on this huh? The FAQ sure isn’t much help.

@vvrangler What are you waiting to hear back on? If it's about the Streak Shield, maybe I can answer your question. I bought one on 2/11/18. No issues whatsoever.

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,607Member, Moderator

@vvrangler I also purchased one recently and have had no issues. I revisited the FAQ and noticed that the topic for "Power-up cards" may have been updated recently. I found it by searching for the word "Streak".

In any case, here's the wording.

Need more info than that?

• vvranglervvrangler Posts: 17Member
    edited March 2018
    I guess I must have searched wrong in the FAQ :-(
    THANK YOU @No Pain No Gain and @UkiwiS that’s exactly what I was looking for.
  • CKWMCKWM Fremont, CAPosts: 241Member
    edited April 2018

I've noticed that when there were glitches in OC's system, they've been displaying the StreakShields they applied to our dashboard... which is nice to see.

In terms of mechanics - does anyone know if an icon appears whenever a card is self-initiated? ...like the Opt-Out or the 10K Baseline Booster.

• califf22califf22 Posts: 5Member

@CKWM There are icons for other cards too when used - this is my baseline boost

• CKWMCKWM Fremont, CAPosts: 241Member
    Thanks @califf22 - I see mine too now after the OH has passed.
  • Can you opt out of an hour and use the streak shield card, or is it only for am actual overage?

@Jason and Traci Using the streak shield card will preserve your streak. Your streak won't be reset to zero but you'll lose points because you didn't beat your forecast.
    Opting out (not the opt out card) is letting OC know you don't want to participate in the upcoming OhmHour. Opting out will keep your points at zero for an OhmHour, but your streak will be reset.