Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Buddy program

Answers

• No Pain No GainNo Pain No Gain 93035Posts: 404Member

@nlindsay Ever since the change it hasn't shown any new or upcoming shared ohmhours. I feel like somethin' ain't quite right... lol
    @No Pain No Gain can you ask your buddy if his performance section is showing upcoming or pending buddy ohmhours correctly?

My Buddy submitted a ticket today because the Buddy points were way off. We were awarded 70 points when the average was around 92. The help desk said the Buddy points are posted once and not changed if there are changes made because of estimates on our individual points (which explains your 42% and 39% discrepancy!!!). The help desk said we didn't have any individual adjustments, so the low percentage didn't make sense. Help desk said to wait a week or so and check back. You'd think they could calculate this manually and adjust our points instead of waiting until they figure it out. I think that's information they need to know... that my Buddy's scrolling direction was changed. (Thinking out loud - ha!). You might want to send an email to the help desk, too, letting them know you're having issues ever since the direction was reversed. The picture circles might be going one way but the coding might be going from the other side.

• NlindsayNlindsay San Diego Posts: 78Member

@SD Chip said:
    The Ohm hours for last week didn't sync up for us. I had one on the 22nd....his was on the 23rd. Can't get any buddy points with that system!!!

I had an OhmHour on the 22nd as well. I also had a #MegaOhmHour today the 27th from 7-8p. Neither of these showed to match with my buddy. I would think that since buddies must live near eachother that we would have shared the Mega OhmHour today but idk.

Prior to the 22nd all but 2 of my OhmHours synced with my buddy. So from January to March 14th we were synced. Then I had this thing where my performance dates were scrolling from the wrong side (explained earlier in this thread). Coincidently that scrolling issue was fixed around March 22nd, the same day I stopped syncing with my buddy.... hmmm... :#

edited March 2018

@nlindsay I would definitely let the help desk know. Doesn't sound like a coincidence! Luckily, our OhmHours still sync up. My Buddy lives 17 miles from me. We haven't been offered Mega Ohm-Hours yet and we can't even find the place in Settings to sign up. :neutral: There's a good thread about Mega OhmHours. I'll get the link after I post this. At least one person reported their Buddy got a Mega and they didn't. The Megas sound very random and the amounts earned range from "meh" to "omg!" :p I'd like to try one out and see for myself.
    Here's the MegaOH thread: https://forum.ohmconnect.com/discussion/1585/mega-ohmhour#latest

@No Pain No Gain said:
    My Buddy submitted a ticket today because the Buddy points were way off. You might want to send an email to the help desk, too, letting them know you're having issues ever since the direction was reversed.

Thanks for checking with your buddy @No Pain No Gain Its nice to know I'm not goin' nuts! Hahaha :D :p
    I'll be sure to mesage and let them know my side of it.

@nlindsay Oh... I didn't have to check with my Buddy about the Buddy points. He caught that right away! lol I hadn't even noticed it was low. He's a great Buddy and I really lucked out. :) Let us know if you had an impressive MegaOH. I hope it's really Mega!

• Mary_Sean_KorkosMary_Sean_Korkos Lancaster Ca 93536Posts: 44Member
    edited March 2018
    I haven't heard anything from my buddy even after posting a couple messages on our buddy page. So I figured if I say "hi buddy, @cynthiasofiasamayo , glad to be your buddy teammate" on here, she will get a notification of being mentioned in a post and contact me on our buddy page. Has anyone else tried this? ;)
    edited March 2018
    sorry didnt mean to post twice
    edited March 2018

Thats a good thought @Mary_Sean_Korkos, but when you click on @cynthiasofiasamayo it shows that user doesn't exist. Maybe your buddy does not use the forum.

@Mary_Sean_Korkos In theory, that's a great idea, but I don't get notifications if someone mentions me in the forums. I have every single button in Settings turned on, but... nada. I have to check the forums and my Buddy page to see if I've been mentioned or have comments to read. @Ben at OhmConnect Can you suggest some way to contact a Buddy, similar to sending out a reminder to a referral who hasn't finished signing up? Since that's already in place, just changing the message and attaching it to the dashboard or Buddy screen shouldn't be too much work. ;)

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,562Member, Moderator
    edited March 2018
    @No Pain No Gain I had a thought.....have you checked the forum settings vs the main settings page??? Mine looks like this...
    edited March 2018

@UkiwiS This is from the Settings in the top right corner on this page. My checkmarks look different from yours, but the questions look the same. The screenshot on the bottom is from my dashboard profile settings. Is there anyplace else that has settings I'm not seeing?

• John KJohn K Lake Forest - Hikers and Bikers TeamPosts: 585Member

As UkiwiS suggests, it's under Gear-Icon-Upper-Right/Edit-Profile/Notification-Preferences.

@John K and @UkiwiS I don't want to hijack this thread with my notifications problem. I've posted this on another thread a while back and someone suggested having both the email and popup options checked might be the problem, so I removed the pop check marks and it didn't make a difference. I've gotten used to checking in every day, but if there are supposed to be notifications, not sure why that's not happening. Everyone else gets them?

@No Pain No Gain I think you're in the wrong place but I'm on my phone so I have problems with screenshots. It's the forum notification settings that you need to check.....somewhere off thr Help tab in the forum.
  • John KJohn K Lake Forest - Hikers and Bikers TeamPosts: 585Member

@UkiwiS said:
    @No Pain No Gain I think you're in the wrong place

NPNG's screenshots above would appear to be from the correct forum preferences. I think she's just getting "special" treatment.

@No Pain No Gain, I'm guessing you've checked your spam folders???

@No Pain No Gain

Yes, sorry, you're in the right place. The only other thing I can think of is that they are ending up as spam as @John K suggests?

FYI, I have a "label" setup in Gmail and every message from OhmConnect gets labeled... My folder looks like this so I can see quickly if there's been a new post/reply.

@Nlindsay said:
    Thats a good thought @Mary_Sean_Korkos, but when you click on @cynthiasofiasamayo it shows that user doesn't exist. Maybe your buddy does not use the forum.

I noticed that too, I must say I was bummed. :/

I'm in the same boat as @No Pain No Gain, I've checked/changed all kinds of settings and I've never gotten any emails or notifications from the forum or buddy page. And nothing but lame SPAM in my spam box.. :p

@John K I check my spam at least once a week. The only thing I've ever found in there from OC was a survey. All the surveys go to spam. Yup! B) Definitely getting special treatment! lol
    @UkiwiS You've got spam! :D I don't have any emails to go into an OC folder, so no point in creating a label. haha Maybe one day they'll all catch up with me.

Here's something new. My Buddy and I both have an OhmHour tonight from 8-9 pm. It shows up on both of our dashboards, but it isn't on our Buddy page in the Performance box. Will watch for it showing up after the OhmHour.

Anyone else have an OhmHour on their dashboard but not on their Buddy page?

@No Pain No Gain My buddy page finally seems to be working! Woo!
    The performance box showed our last OH pending (it showed up the day of the OH) and then updated to show our %saved once the data came in(2 days later). Also I guess my buddy was only at Silver status before because it showed that they just reached Gold. I still have no clue if buddy messaging works or not but maybe one day! Now let's get your buddy page working again!

@Nlindsay Yay! Just keep on posting notes in the Activity Chat box and maybe they'll get a notification or figure out to check there. Plus, you get 5 tokens for every post, so it surely can't hurt! ;) My Buddy didn't say anything about whether or not the %saved was accurate, so I wrote him a note and gave him my %saved so he can do the math and update the ticket if he has to. Seems like the kinks are getting worked out. :+1:

• SD ChipSD Chip Posts: 142Member

@John K , Yes, OC did provide the buddy. We are in the same city, although not in the same neighborhood.

• Steve ESteve E Posts: 329Member, Moderator

I'm not sure what the algorithm is for pairing people in the program, but my last shared #OhmHour with my buddy was 3/11 and since then I have had 4 (3/12, 3/21, 3/31 and 4/10). Are others having the same kind of gaps in shared OhmHours or is it just me?

• CKWMCKWM Fremont, CAPosts: 232Member

@Steve E said:
    I'm not sure what the algorithm is for pairing people in the program, but my last shared #OhmHour with my buddy was 3/11 and since then I have had 4 (3/12, 3/21, 3/31 and 4/10). Are others having the same kind of gaps in shared OhmHours or is it just me?

@Steve E - It may depend on the energy usage for your particular area - if lots of people are stressing their grid or not. But I'm not sure either... I think sharing data may help.

What's your location? Maybe others in your general vicinity could speak to it. But I'm in the 94536 zip code and my last 7 OH were/was: 4/12, 4/8, 4/4, 3/31, 3/23, 3/15, 3/9.

Up until 4/12, my Buddy and I had OhmHours on the same day. On 4/18, I had a Mega OhmHour. On 4/21, he's having a regular OhmHour. I have the new Dashboard. He has the old Dashboard. We live only 17 miles apart. If other Buddy teams are starting to have OhmHours on different days, say something because it could be related to the new stuff they're rolling out behind the scenes.

• KolchakKolchak FresnoPosts: 41Member

@No Pain No Gain How did you do with your Mega OhmHour? Did they boost your baseline average for the hour? I'm curious how much of a boost it is.

@Kolchak said:
    @No Pain No Gain How did you do with your Mega OhmHour? Did they boost your baseline average for the hour? I'm curious how much of a boost it is.

I'm curious about this too. Another user said he had one a couple of weeks ago and the base points was close to 600 points per kWh

• CKWMCKWM Fremont, CAPosts: 232Member

I'll write a separate post about Mega OhmHours to see if we can input from others who have experienced it, and leave this thread for buddy program stuff.

edited April 2018

@CKWM said:
    I'll write a separate post about Mega OhmHours to see if we can input from others who have experienced it, and leave this thread for buddy program stuff.

@CKWM @UkiwiS @Kolchak @No Pain No Gain
    I believe this is the propper place for our Mega-OhmHour conversation ;)